Friday, October 23, 2009

Flatware Cloche

Yesterday, I showed you my tablescape without food and today I decided to show you the same table with food and with the centerpiece a little switched around. I hope you will take a look at the bottom of this post and then visit Gollum at http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/and all her participants to see lots of yummy food.

I had a lot of inquiries about the flatware cloche that I showed with my tablescape yesterday. So, I took more pictures and decided to link with Kelli's Show and Tell at http://kellishouse.blogspot.com/

Noah was so excited to eat with the grown ups in the "fancy" (that's what he called it, lol) dining room. He thought it was such a big treat and he felt so grown up since his younger brother and sister did not get the same privilege.
We had Spanish yellow rice, roasted red potatoes with rosemarie, zucchini with shrimp, flan and red wine (except for Noah and John who do not drink except for diet coke). I used a dozen egg yolks for flan so I used the whites and made merengue balls.
Here is a close up of the flatware.
and a close up of the cloche
I am sorry the pictures are not that great but it is not easy to take pictures at night of a cloche. You can't really use a flash cause it reflects on the glass and I was just too busy to set up the tripod.
Here's an even close picture. The dome includes the wooden stand inside. The glass is very heavy. When I lift it up, I have to support the base with my other hand.
I hope these pictures answer your questions. Thanks, Gollum and Kelli for hosting and I really appreciate you all for visiting.

16 comments:

Deb said...

love your flatware...dinner looks yummy

Haden News said...

I love your flatware cloche! Is it a antique? If not where did you purchase it? Thanks

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

It's wonderful Christine! I love the flatware cloche!!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

GM Christine...Now girl that's one fine looking table and how cute is that little Noah...I always enjoy seeing all your beautiful things you buy...Dinner sounded just Yummy and how great that the little guy got to eat with the adults...Love the cloche I think I seen one at Horchows on line..Hope all is well on your side of the mountian my friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Christine! The meal sounds yummy! And little mister Noah surely is a cutie! I love the flatwre cloche! I have never seen one before! Happy weekend...Debbie

Mary Bergfeld said...

Christine, this is wonderful. The colors on your table are amazing and you little guy is a real cutie-pie. He looks so pleased with himself :-). Have a great day.

Unknown said...

I love the silverware cloche and those colors go beautiful together.
Geri

Unknown said...

Oh, your cloche with the flatware is gorgeous!

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

What a beautiful tablesetting and I love the flatware cloche...I've never seen one before...

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Christine, your photos of the rock formations are gorgeous! You and your friends are a lot more active when you get together than my friends are. I'm afraid all we exercise is our mouths! I'm so glad you posted this with big photos.. the scenery is just so pretty. Your ballerinas are lovely. laurie

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

Sounds like a wonderful dinner, and I appreciate the extra info on the cloche. Beautiful!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Wow! This tablescape was fit for a king! And Noah looked quite happy being royalty :o)

Blessings & Aloha!
I love your silverware stand! It is gorgeous :o)

And thank you dear friend for coming by and always for your sweet comments! I hope that I have not overwhelmed you with passing on those awards!haha

Kammy said...

Hi Christine ~
I am glad you reminded me to see your silverware cloche close up....boy that is some special piece - just lovely - I bet it makes you smile !
Kammy

Sue said...

Christine, Your table looks gorgeous! The greens and blue dinnerware is lovely set upon the green chargers. And that cloche~ to die for. I've never seen one for flatware before. Amazing!
:-) Sue

Blondie's Journal said...

You set a beautiful table, Christine. The food sounds and looks terrific! I have always wanted to make a flan. Do you have a good recipe?

The cloche is very cool. Do you use it for display? It is beautiful! Noah looks like he is having a blast!!

Great post, my friend.

xoxo
Janie

wenhts said...

Hi I know this is an old post but i stumbled upon it on Pinterest and I LOVE the cloche & pipe stand, so i actually went and found a huge cloche, and got a pipe stand to put my goldtone flatware on but i have a problem. My pieces won't stay put like yours, the look so neat! Did you do anything to make them fit in the holes snugly? (Is that a word?)

I thought I could use twist ties for the pieces so they don't slide around but that would show? What do you think of using a kind of foam rope of some kind, to lines the inside of the slots? Maybe that would hold them in?

Think i'll try a craft store or wall mart, i'll be glad to post a photo if i can get it done right. Eager to see if mine will be as nice as yours.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday