Sunday, April 3, 2011

Favorite Cupboards

It's time for Shelia's Favorite Cupboard party. Yippee! You wouldn't want to miss that so be sure you visit her. I have her link at the bottom of this post.

I am not sure if we were only allowed to post one favorite but I have 4 that I really like so I hope Shelia does not kick me out for showing all 4. We have 7 all in all not counting built ins but these 4 are my very favorites.

The one below is # 1 on my list because it holds a lot of my dishes and it keeps them organized. I told John that if I could only find one more just like it, I would put them side by side in the dining room wall and then I will be all set to organize all my dishes that are still stored in the garage, some still in their original boxes. So if any of you finds one just like it, please let me know.



I admit, I am a true dishaholic and the dishes that you will see here are probably only half of what I have!


It is French Provincial in style with 15 doors and look at this pretty detail. Every cubby hole is filled with dinnerware. It will be a lot of work to take out the dishes to show you the patterns so I will just list them here. In the compartments below starting from the top left are:

Homer Laughlin "Cavalier" eggshell in blue

Spode "Shima"

American Atelier "Paradise"

Bavarian Tirschenreuth "Newport"

American Heritage Milennium Collection by Churchill

Miscellaneous whites

Bavarian Tirschenreuth "Rosedale"

Bavarian Tirschenreuth "Dogwood"

White Oval "Baroque"made in Portugal

More of the "Rosedale" and "Newport" that would not fit in their compartments above.

More miscellaneous whites

Princess House "Pavillion"

Royal Stafford with "Birds" and some blue and white Spanish plates

Tracy Porter "Artesia"

"Abigail"



My next favorite is the one I bought from Nancy of Nancy's Daily Dish, which is in the kitchen.

I have shown you this not too long ago but I have changed a few things on the shelves.


I will just highlight the changes below.

I just added these yellow Spode Copeland "Buttercup", which I started collecting.


I also displayed sets of transferware here, red Johnson Brothers' "Old Britain Castles" and Myott's "Royal Mail" and inside the cabinets are Spode blue and white and Liberty Blue sets.
I added the white oyster plates and moved the Limoges oyster plates opposite them.
I moved the silver plated coffee and tea set with bird finials from the dining room to here. Some Spode "Chelsea Bird" plates are also here.

Next is this smaller oak cabinet in the dining room. I really like the wood carving and its shape. 87 pieces of a vintage Washington colonial "Vogue" dinnerware set are stored here, Tirschenreuth "Newport" platters and serving bowls, Meissen napkin rings and some other miscellaneous pieces of different patterns. I also have a salt and pepper collection on the top shelf outside the cabinet, and a Quimper tea set.


I promise this is the last one cupboard that I am showing you. It was the very first favorite one that we bought after we moved here. It came from an antique furniture store in Pennsylvania but I am sure it is a reproduction.


I have my antique Tirschenreuth dishes here, which are probably my favorite dishes. Also here is a settings of 12 platinum and gold rimmed Bavarian china in "Greek Key" pattern. I also have a set of 6 cream soup and saucer set in Tirschenreuth "Shannon" pattern.

In the bottom cabinet, I store my Johann Haviland china set "Brown Rose" and more Tirschenreuth "Newport" serving pieces and a set of Limoges "Chelsea Bird" patterned china made by Lantenier and company.

Just as I mentioned earlier, I am joining Shelia's "Favorite Cupboard" party at http://notesongs.blogspot.com/ /

and Sherry's Open House Party Thursdays at http://nominimalisthere.blogspot.com/


SJ for Creative Bloggers' Party and Hop at http://www.homemakeronadime.com/

I would also like to link with my usual tea parties and tabletop party at:


Lady Katherine's Teatime Tuesday at http://ladykatherineteaparlor.blogspot.com/

Sandi's Teatime Tuesday at http://Sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com/



Martha and Terri's Tea cup Tuesday at http://www.marthasfavorites.com/


I am a little late but I decided to link with Kim too for Wow Us Wed. at http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/


I hope I don't get reprimanded.


Thanks y'all for hosting these wonderful parties and I thank everyone for stopping by.

53 comments:

Richard Cottrell said...

Dish it out Ms.C. You could start your own factory. I love it. Richard at My Old Historic House

Yolanda @ Miss Refashionista said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, you've got a pretty little space, I love all h cupboards!

:)

Amy said...

Wow, gorgeous cupboards and tablewares! :) Seems likt it holds quite many dish sets for you, so wonderful.

By the way, I'm having a little giveaway on my blog. Please hop over to enter, especially if you love tea. :) Have a great day.

Amy
http://utry.it

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine! OH, I knew I'd be thrilled by seeing your favorites! You can show as many cupboards as you want to! They are all just so wonderful. And look at all your dishes. You really could have plates for an army! ;) If I didn't love you so much, I'd be jealous!
Thanks so much for coming to my party. When I get the post up tomorrow night make sure you come and link up so others can join my in my jealousy! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelai ;)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Oh goodness! I love cupboards, cabinets, bookshelves and yours are great! I have said this before, but I would have such a hard, hard time deciding which dish set to use! Beautiful!

Blessings & Aloha!
Thank you for stopping by! I actually have another post up with more art giveaways...if you are interested :o)

nenette said...

Christine, Good Lord, when He said "let there be dishes," He showered you with a whole lot of them! You have quite a collection there, and those dishes are all sooo exquisite! How do you keep tabs with what you have? Do you keep an inventory? That is quite an undertaking girl. I hope you don't have to move again, imagine packing all those dishes, not counting the furnitures. I really wish we were within driving distance. Thanks so much for sharing. Wishing you well, Nenette West

Anita Diaz said...

Ok Christine, this looks like I envision the replacements warehouse to look like!! Incredible collections you have and the cupboards are wonderful too!!

Sue said...

I have never seen a cabinet like that first one. I love how it has all those compartments. I really should show this post to my husband, then maybe he would stop shaking his head at me when I come home with a few new plates or bowls! You really have so many patterns...you could set tables from now until forever!

Debbie said...

No wonder you always WOW me with your tables! You have so many wonderful dishes. I love all of your cabinets, but my very favorite is the first one with all the compartments.

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh my goodness! You REALLY DO have a lot of dishes! :)

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Girl, if anyone ever neede a dish room it is you. I mean if Martha Stewart can have one, why not you!

Donnie said...

That just wowed me and I know your first passion is family but I think dishes are a close second. You have some lovely patterns and storage is important. I couldn't do that because I don't even have dishwasher...lol....Take care.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh, sweetie! I'm green with envy...so many dishes!!! I thought I was bad, I have 15 sets of china!, but I think you are totally addicted, with NO CURE! Gorgeous all your favs, but mine is the French provencal, with all those wonderful cubby holes! Beautiful!
Thanks for dropping by honey, I love your home too... my style!
FABBY

Unknown said...

Christine, I am blown away by the beautiful dishes you have. What a gorgeous fabulous collection. Your cabinets are wonderful.
Have a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Traci said...

I don't know how you remember all the dishes that you have! I love all of your cabinets.

Debbiedoos said...

Christine you are truly the Queen of most beautiful dishes. I can never get over how many you have...however, I know you use every last one throughout the year. Just beautiful!

Betty said...

Oh my goodness. So many wonderful cabinets and china pieces. I would be in heaven at your home with all those. Have a nice day.

Jacqueline said...

I was wondering what you would choose, since I had recently followed up on your email and looked at all your storage. Glad you couldn't pick just one! You do such a nice job of displaying. Cups are the hardest and yet yours look so cute. I think you win the prize of dish Queen!!!
LOL
Jacqueline

Anonymous said...

You know Christine, I love it all. Fantabulous!!

Karie said...

Wow! How beautiful! The cupboards are gorgeous and so are the dishes. You really have a collection. Very beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Karie

Julie Harward said...

Thanks for yur visit..love all your cabinets and you have a bunch..so many pretty dishes too..wow! :D

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Lovely cabinets, Christine, and filled with beautiful dishes! I especially love the red transferware! It always catches my eye! Thanks for sharing and joining me for tea.

Blessings,
Sandi

Richard Cottrell said...

Ms. C.You sure can dish it out!! You could start your own dish store. Richard

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Christine, I am in serious dish-envy. Your cabinets are gorgeous, too. I especially like the one you got from Nancy, but I also love your 15-door cabinet. Your dish collection is fantastic.

What is more impressive, is that you actually serve people from these wonderful dishes! I know you must be an incredible hostess!!
Tammy

Snap said...

Oh my ... I don't know where to look first! Lovely cabinets and your china is amazing! How do you choose??????!!!!!!!! you must be the perfect hostess with something for every occasion. happy tea day!

Jocelyn said...

Wow Christine! What an amazing collection! I love seeing cupboards filled with beautiful china.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

OMG Christine!
You have the most amazing collection of china that I have ever laid my eyes on!
Your cupboards are stunning and your collection is jaw dropping!
You go girl!!
Hugs,
Cindy

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hello Christine,
I have never seen such a huge collection of complete china sets. It is really amazing. Enjoy it. Love to see your posts about your treasures.
Greetings, Johanna

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful collection, Cristine. It must be sooo much fun deciding how to set your tablescape for dinner celebrations...every table setting -flowing with beautiful memories.Just Lovely! yvette@twistedvines

Picket said...

Oh my word girl...just shoot me now!!! Here is your crown...you are the 'Queen' dishaholic!!! Girl I am speechless and drooling all over myself...I'm sorry...but if I was to visit you my manners would go right out the window cause after a big hug and a few niceities I would ask if I could have a moment alone with your cabinets and after that all you would hear from me is alot of ...'Oh my word!' and of course a few sighs and alot of soft sobs!!!!! lol lol Lordy girl you got some pretty dishes! Love ya sweetie....Picket

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a wonderful collection of dishes! Your cupboards are amazing as well. I love your posts Christine. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Unknown said...

I have to say that it'd take me a whole day or two just to look at and admire all your dishes and then another day to walk your property and look at all your beautiful flowers and landscape...i'd be in heaven :)

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Christine,

Wow. I've never seen so many beautiful sets of china! I loved this post, thanks so much for sharing your lovely home with us.

Kathy M.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Chrisine, I have never seen so much china in my life. I thought I had a lot, but you have me beat! Looks like your cabinets are sturdy enough to support it, too. I always worry about that, even in kitchen cabinets, but yours look very sturdy and pretty, too. I always love looking at your china!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Blondie's Journal said...

You know how much I love your cabinets { and your gorgeous home}, but I think the first one is my favorite...all those compartments! It's fun to see your collection all at once, you have SO many beautiful pieces. This is a fun party, isn't it?

Hope you are having a wonderful week, Christine!

XO,
Janie

Fábio Carvalho said...

I just went NUTS with you pictures! Oh my! What a tresure!!!! I just want to dive into the cabinets and stay there for a looooooooooooong time...
Thank you for sharing.
best wishes
Fábio

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Christine,
I think you won the prize for the most beautiful cabinets and cupboards filled with the most stunning dishes one has ever laid eyes on!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Terri said...

Oh I love dishes too, but I do not have anywhere near the numbers you have. All of your cabinets are beautiful, and your dishes are pure eye candy!
You always set such gorgeous tables, I am sure having all this to choose from helps quite a bit.
Thank you so much for letting us see some of your china treasures.
Hugs,
Terri

Wanda Lee said...

Oh my, dearest Christine!

I am in true dish lovers, 'heaven'! .., Wow!

I could just delightedly gaze upon these beauties for a very long time! ~ What a vast array and selections of various dish sets you have acquired over time Christine!.., It must have been so much fun!

~ Everything is just so picture perfect the way in which you have so lovingly and artistically arranged them all in your various cubbies and cabinets!

Thanks so much for sharing this 'feasts for the eyes' with all of us.., I'm truly inspired!


Thanks also for joining Pam and I once again for TTTT and also for my 77th, Tuesday Tea For Two. ~ We always love having you join us!

Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

"Oh My Goodness" I am SO JEALOUS! Ahhhhh, your post is like "Dishaholic Heaven"!!! I LOVE that first cabinet too, I will keep a "Scout's Eye" out for a twin for you!!! It sure holds a kings ransom of dishes.
I "LOVE" your green wallpaper! It's GORGEOUS!
Thank you for sharing,
Hugs,
Donna

Kathleen said...

I love all of them, and the contents too! I couldn't pick a fave! So nice you can see all your dishes, mine are down the basement on shelves!

Alycia Nichols said...

Yes, indeed....you, too, are a dishaholic! Not that there's anything wrong with it! :-) It's what makes my world go round! Beautiful china cabinets and beautiful pieces in them! I love the silver coffee/tea set with the bird finials. I see we have similar taste in books, too. Joe Nye rocks!!! Cool! It is wonderful to have so many of your "toys" right there on display and easily accessed. I have literally run out of space and will have to learn to curb my enthusiasm! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Thanks for letting me know about this post. I am a subscriber to your blog, so I don't know why it didn't come through to me. Hmmmmmm...I'll need to check that out. See you soon!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

I would love to go shopping in your cupboards! What an amazing collection of dishes you have and the cabinets are beautiful. Thanks in advance for joining my Open House party. See ya there!
Hugs,
Sherry

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Pardon my drool! Your dish collection is amazing! I am trying very hard to not be jealous, but it's not working! LOL

A Hint of Home said...

What beautiful cabinets you have. They are very pretty and filled with so many stunning dishes. How fortunate you are to have so many to choose from. Amazing!

Savannah Granny said...

OMG! Christine, this is breathtaking. Yes, you are a dishaholic but aren't we all. You just have a leg up on the rest of us. This is the most amazing collection I think I have ever seen. Thank you for sharing this exquisite collection with us.
Your many cabinets are lovely. I especially love the first one. I hope you do find it's mate.
Hugs, Ginger

All That Glitters said...

girl!!!! you have the worlds largest collection I bet!!!

aimee said...

HEAVEN!
blessings,
aimee

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

You have such a beautiful collection! Great eye-candies :) Thanks for sharing this at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

Olive said...

Christine, you have the cabinets that's for sure. You need them too. The first one is very unusual. You are very organized with your vast collection of china. Can you believe I do not have a single china cabinet. Only one buffet we do not use...yet. hugs♥olive

lvroftiques said...

Christine I was trying hard to pick a favorite...which is usually easy for me....but all of your cabinets are beautiful, and I couldn't! And girl you NEED em!! Cuz that's one HUGE collection of dishes!! Oh boy could I have me a good time going through and playing with them all *winks* Vanna

Anonymous said...

*sigh*... thats stunning!!

Anonymous said...

..that's very nice
..your a great blogger
..you got the attention of many readers

*_* maica *_* Buy and Sell

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday