Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Winter Greetings, 2011

This is my second Christmas tablescape for this year. Again, I have to do it on the small square table in the breakfast nook. No tablescape on the big dining table this year because I just finished emptying that room so that they can work on the floor whenever they can get to it.




Centerpiece taken at daytime and at night with candle light.

I used my free bling tassels for napkin holders. I got them from my daughter Tina's in laws in Florida. They were giving them away and told me to take as much as I want so I filled a shoe box, lol. That's thrifty, right? I won't even tell you what else I took but between me and my other daughter, we filled a really big plastic bin, the size that one person alone cannot carry.



The napkins are part of an embroidered Christmas tablecloth set I bought from Grand Cayman.




My flatware is mahogany and brass "Siam" from Thailand. My cousin gave them to me. Someone had pawned them in her pawnshop and never collected them back. Their loss is my gain.



Don't you just love this Winter Greetings salt and pepper shaker set? I think it is so cute! The birdhouse, which is the salt shaker, comes apart from it's base, which is the pepper shaker.








Gold mercury silver glass balls and green mercury silver candle holders create my main centerpiece. And I added a wreath made with more holly berries cut from the bushes outside and tied with a bow.
I just realized that I should have hung some of the bling tassels around the candle holders too. I sure do have enough of them, lol.





I also added a small cloche on a tall pedestal and placed more holy berries inside.


I love my Mikasa champagne flutes. I bought them from Marshall's for $3.99 each last year, I think. I love the stems. But my thrifty green goblets were bought for $1 each from another vendor in the store where my booth is. I thought they look pretty together and the red ones make the green look more expensive.



Do you like the christmas tree name plate holders? Now, I can't say that I do not have any christmas trees, lol.

I also mixed more holly berries and rosemary, all from our yard, in a vase as part of the centerpiece.






This time, I used my favorite Christmas china, Winter Greetings. Right now, I have 8 dinner plates, 16 salad plates, 8 mugs and a S & P shaker in this pattern. But I just won a big set, service for 12 of dinner, salad, cup and saucer, bread, soup, luncheon or accent plates, plus extra serving pieces such as pasta, 2 large platters, sandwich platter, 3 relish, veggie and hor d'ouvres from Ebay for $665.51 plus $50 shipping, almost 100 pieces more, so they can be used for my big set next year. I know it is still a lot of money, nevertheless, I know I am getting a good deal because I have been prcicing them and they are very expensive individually. The seller said she paid $200 for 1 platter alone and I believe her. I think I will have a big party next year to make up for everything that I will miss this holiday season. Good thing I won cause I had to get up at 5:30 in the morning to watch out for the end of the auction because there were other bidders, lol. I can't wait to get them. I showed them to John on Ebay and he liked them too so he told me to go ahead and bid and they can be my belated anniversary present. But of course he already gave me an anniversary present, but doesn't that statement leave it open for another Christmas present?



The gold ornate plate chargers are from Horchow from years ago.





Just adding a few "effect" pictures from my camera.



Black and white with red accents.

Black and white with green accents.

Black and white with yellow accents.



Thanks for stopping by. I know how busy you all are during this Christmas season, which I hope you all are enjoying, so I really appreciate your visit.



Linking with



Bunny Jean's Bunny Hop at




Susan of Tablescape Thursday
http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
Sherry's Open House Party Thursday
http://nominimalisthere.blogspot.com/
Diann's Thrifty Things Friday at
http://thethriftygroove.blogspot.com/
Courtney's Feathered Nest Friday
http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/
Honey's Potpourri Friday at http://twenty-eight-0-five.blogspot.com/
Sherry's Home Sweet Home Fri
http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/
Fresh Cut Flowers Friday
http://rosevignettes.blogspot.com/
Sarah's Homemaking Link Up Weekend at


Beverly's Pink Saturday at
http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/



Thank you sweet ladies, for hosting!

45 comments:

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Christine!

WOW! That is all I can say about your great ebay win! I have always loved that pattern, but I love anything with birds! Oh... and bunnies too ;)

Everything is so beautiful and I can't wait to see the 'big' table set with those dishes on next Christmas.

Thanks for joining my Bunny Hop!

xoxo Bunny Jean
Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

Bunny Jean said...

Oh... and YES! That definitely means you are getting a Christmas present!

Olive said...

The table is gorgeous Christine and I love the birdhouse S&P shaker.

Blondie's Journal said...

Your table is beautiful as always, Christine! And congratulations on your ebay win...you must be jumping up and down!! What a tremendous deal!

Hope all is going well with your floors. Will you be in Florida over the holidays? Thank you so much for the anniversary wishes from both Alan and myself!!

XO,
Janie

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

This table is so pretty Christine!
I have always loved that china and I love how you did the centerpiece too!
I think that table area is so cozy and you've set another gorgeous table!
Hugs friend,
Cindy

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Christine your tablescapes are always stunning!! Love the black & white pictures. Martina

bj said...

Wow....these dishes are awesome and you are getting a huge set.
Love love love your smaller table setting here. Everything looks wonderful.
xo bj

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Beautiful Christine! Love Winter Greetings also, I have this china pattern and think it so pretty! Hope you are able to get all the pieces you want!!!
Blessings!

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful setting and I love the china!I hope you don't have another disaster next Christmas and can use all your china.

Marie said...

Amazing - So very elegant!

Traci said...

Gorgeous! I love the napkin rings. The black & white pics with the color highlights are beautiful!

Marigene said...

Beautiful, beautiful table, Christine! Sounds like you got a great deal on eBay...the china is lovely. Your stemware is beautiful and so festive.
Have a great week.

Marlis said...

Christine, this is so lovely.. great score on the china! I do love that pattern. Your centerpiece is phenomenal.. alas, we have no berries on our holly bushes.. so bummed. it was just too hot this past summer. Lovely table.. you inspire me always.. xo marlis

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Your Tablescape is Gorgeous my eyes keep going to your dishes WOW!! You know just now to put it all together for your dinner party's. Thanks so much for you sweet comments on my new Tablescape for Christmas.
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family.
XXOO Diane

Anonymous said...

I was looking at these plates the other day to add to my collection. I didn't get them, but every time I see them I am soooo tempted.

Your table is gorgeous Christine.

Janette - The2Seasons said...

Your plates are beautiful as is your table scape.

Donna said...

Beautiful table, Christine. I love how you used red and green combinations.
D

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

So pretty Christine, and I'm so glad you got more of the Winter Greetings set. It is such a beautiful pattern. All of the greens and reds on this table look so festive. (I think for Christmas, John better build you a china room!) No new babies yet? laurie

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Love those dishes what a great deal...they are just beautiful...your table is stunning thank you so much for sharing...phyllis

Liz@A Dish Here, A Glass There said...

Ooh, all my favorite colors! Those are gorgeous dishes and I think you did real good on your e-bay win! I really love the red and green stemware- so festive and holiday like! Your tablecloth and placemats are beautiful too...love the material!
I think there is plenty of room for a Christmas gift with that comment!!
Merry Christmas!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Beautiful table. I love all of the details and you did to make this table so beautiful and festive.

Jacqueline said...

What a beautiful table. It is so filled with wonderful things to look at. Your plates are stunning and I agree, your gain on the wonderful Siam flatware. You always put together such lovely items. How fun to see the fun camera effects too. Have a wonderful week and don't go too crazy with the house in an uproar!

Robin said...

I love those dishes and that's a great deal you got on Ebay (especially at this time of year when interest would be high). Even though you can't use your dining room, your table is still elegant. I can't believe those glass tassels were free! They are so pretty and there's so much you can do with them.

Robin
Robin Flies South

Kim, USA said...

I love your dishes and your silverware...I love them all actually hehehe!

Simple Table Setting

Sonia said...

OH Christine! I adore your candlelight tablescape! Wow I love that pattern! So beautiful with all the accessories you have added. The centerpiece with the holly berries, the place card holders and green goblets are perfect. Great buy on ebay!
Merry Christmas!
Miss Bloomers

CJ Foss said...

Fantastic tablescape. Great china, love the birds, candlelight, et. al. Great photos and special effects. Your whole dining room is inviting and fa-la-la-fabulous. ~CJ

Alycia Nichols said...

Magnificently appointed table, Christine! The china alone is the picture of perfection!!! Sounds to me like you got an excellent eBay deal on the additional pieces. Congratulations on your win! I always like the idea of having a lot of dinner plates in case one should get damaged. That pattern is so pretty that I would want to have as many as I could get my grubby little hands on!!! Beautiful crystal tassels and gorgeous stemware, too. WHAT A DEAL on the flatware! I love the tip ends of it!!! I'm going to have to visit a pawn shop sometime. I never knew they had such cool stuff!!! Take care, and have a great weekend!

Diann said...

Oh, this is so beautiful Christine! I just want to be invited to sit down to this table! And you had some amazing thrifty things in this gorgeous setting! Thank you (in advance) for joining TTF and I hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your table is so festive and beautiful. I love the effect photos too!

Tammy at Tammy Loves Dishes said...

Christine, Winter Greetings is one of my favorites, too. I found two mugs in a thrift shop and was delighted. They are the beginning of my collection. :)

Your table is gorgeous. I love those little Christmas tree place card holders. So cute!

Merry Christmas!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Love what you did with your photos. I adore that china pattern -- what a festive Christmas table.

Amy said...

So festive. I love that little bird house, very adorable. :)

Anonymous said...

ooh, so pretty! I love the ambience in the evening. I hope you will share this and more of your home adventures at my Show & Tell party. It starts on Wednesdays each week at mrshinesclass.wordpress.com

Sharon

Debbie said...

Oh, beautiful! You can make any tree in any location look as elegant as a dining room table.

If I ever have a nice set of Christmas china, that is the exact one I would pick. I always look at it at our local store and covet just a teeny bit.

Magnolia Blues said...

Christine,

You're tablescape is absolutely gorgeous. What a beautiful home you have. Very festive for the holidays.

I'm sorry I haven't been over to visit your blog in such a long time. It has been extremely busy on the home front these past few months. However, things are settling down so I hope to be over more often to see your fabulous posts.

Merry Christmas and have a blessed New Year.

Gigi

Tea in Texas said...

The Lenox Christmas china is lovely! The set you bought on ebay is a great anniversary gift. My favorite is the red and green crystal glassware. Merry Christmas and Happy Tabblescaping! Pam

eileeninmd said...

Christine, your tablescapes are beautiful. Lovley photos and post. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

Linda said...

Oh, so festive and welcoming! Such thought, care and time went into creating this spectacular Christmas setting for your guests. I would be so honoured to sit at your table.

Wishing you a Happy Christmas and a Glad New Year,

Linda at Beautiful Ideas

Dolores said...

You've done it again......a gorgeous table!!!!!!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh how stunning, it is totally exquisite my dear friend, you outdo yourself every time!! I'm in love with your Christmas dishes, they're sooo very pretty. I love all your details around it. I love your cloches and the inside too. The bird house is outstanding. Just perfect! I didn't visit before caz I just got home and I just posted a table I had, just that there was no internet as yet at Sofia's. Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday sweetie.
FABBY

Sweet Designs said...

Your dining room looks so cozy, and your tablesetting is lovely!

The Charm of Home said...

Just a gorgeous table Christine! Have a very Merry Christmas! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Honey at 2805 said...

Your table is stunning, Christine!

Thank you for linking to Potpourri Friday! May you have a Merry Christmas and the Happiest of Holidays!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Christine, I just saw this on Pinterest so had to come visit. These are my favorite Christmas dishes and you got quite a SET!!!!!!!! WOW, that is awesome. Your table is exquisite, so many beautiful pieces. LOVE that flatware. Another Christmas is right around the corner!!!!! XO, Pinky

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! So full and rich, yet tastefully done. Sumptuous! And I love that you used both red and green stemware! So festive. That china is my very favorite, just gorgeous.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday