Wednesday, November 28, 2012

First Christmas Tablescape of 2012

 
I know I am early but there are 2 reasons I am doing this. First is that last year, I did not put up any Christmas tablescapes nor decor because they were redoing our floors and 2 daughters were having babies in Florida so I was mostly out of town welcoming the grands and tending to them. I am making up for that or I can say that I am actually a year late, lol.
 
Secondly, I have too many Christmas dinnerware sets and I want to use them all.
 
And so without further ado, I am starting with my 12 days of Christmas salad plates from William Sonoma, except I only have a seating for 8 so only the first 8 days of Christmas plates are used here.
 
Also, please scroll down one post below to see my Christmas decorations. That was a lot of work! Whew!



The tablecloth is also 12 days of Christmas, also from WS. We bought these 2 years ago from Spanish Fort, on our way to Pensacola to visit John's dad, who unfortunately passed away at the age of 90 a few months ago.


"Believe" charger plates from TJ Maxx. I was selling these at my booth, which I have closed since, due to flooding
 and I am so glad they did not sell. The champagne flutes are Mikasa's "Gemstone", wine glasses are Italian from HG (can't remember pattern name) and the glasses are Winterberry by Pfaltzgraff.
The flatware are German and the dinner plates are St. Helena from Z Gallerie.



The napkin rings were Ebay finds from a while back and the napkins were off season clearance from a local shop.
 I used a bowl on a pedestal and filled it with mercury silver balls from Southern Living at Home. Then I took a square Winterberry tray and filled it with holly berries that I cut out from our bushes outside and surrounded the bowl with them.


I bought this set of hurricane candle holders which also matches the pedestaled bowl on the center of the table, from Fred's, the first Christmas after we moved in this town 5 years ago. This is the second time I am using them. I like the crackling of the glass and the subtle silver scrolly design. I surrounded their bases with a strings of bling.





I love how you can see the tree in the living room from here.

Thanks you so much for stopping by. I appreciate the hostesses very much also. Thanks for throwing these fun parties!

I am linking with

Kathleen's Let's Dish
http://www.cuisinekathleen.com/

Tablescape Thurs

http://betweennapsontheporch.net/
 

32 comments:

Beth said...

Christine, The red goblets (both types) are stunning! Love your china and your pretty napkins too. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at your home!

Susan said...

Very pretty, Christine! Your glassware is gorgeous and I know you can't wait to be surrounded by your family! Merry Christmas!

Sarah said...

Christine, this is a gorgeous table. It's so elegant in your beautiful dining room. I bought a set of these plates last year after Christmas, so I'm eager to set a table with them this year. Our table doesn't seat 12, so I'll need to be creative. LOL

The Tablescaper said...

Love your table. I have that cloth too and I have never used it. I'm hoping I will this year.

- The Tablescaper

Scribbler said...

I always love to see your beautiful home and tables -- thanks for sharing!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Gorgeous tablescape Christine. Those plates are lovely. I have always admired them. Your table is so elegant. Thank you for sharing.

Sue said...

Very pretty! I've always loved those WS plates and I actually have the Believe plates on my dining table right now! I'm still looking for red wine goblets...they are hard to find at the price I'm willing to pay (which is almost nothing, of course).

I haven't put up a tablescape in ages. I think I burned out or got too lazy to dig things out. We haven't been entertaining at all, so no need for anything fancy here. I love the way your tree is glowing in the background!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Christine your dining room is beautiful as is your tablescape! Love those dishes and what a pretty tablecloth!

Barbara F. said...

Christine, your table is gorgeous, I love everything about it. Very festive. xo

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Simply and absolutely stunning Christine!
I adore those plates and they look perfect on that table and in your home!
Hugs,
Cindy

Marlis said...

Christine, you just set the prettiest of tables. We could all learn a thing or two from you. The dishes are wonderful, the chargers make me envious and the flatware is so elegant. Love the glassware. And your centerpieces too. xo marlis

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I'll bet you can hardly wait for the Christmas season to begin, Christine, in order to use those gorgeous dishes. It all looks so lovely and festive.

Rajesh said...

Beautiful spread.

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Christine! Your table is beautiful! Love the 12 Days of Christmas plates! And that table cloth is wonderful too! Gina

Sonia said...

Christine,
You really set the tone for Christmas! Such a gorgeous table! The twelve days of Christmas theme is so fun and you did it perfectly with your tablescape!! Merry Christmas!
Miss Bloomers

A Cottage in the Clouds said...

Beautiful table, and beautiful home. Love the glassware.

nenette said...

So festive Christine! You really have more dishes than Tiffany and yours are a lot nicer! I don't think we have seen all your collection yet.
I am in awe! You really are quite the collector! I don't think you have had a tablescape that I have not adored. Am your number one fan!☺☺☺








Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Very festive Christine! Love your table. I have the plates too but didn't get the cloth (yet). Have you used your Mackenzie-Childs dishes yet? :-) :-)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Christine, everything is just gorgeous. I love all the different plates and your room is stunning. Hugs, Marty

Marigene said...

Christine, this table is beautiful in its simplicity. The stemware is gorgeous.

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

So inviting! I just want to sit down at each place setting and enjoy EACH day of the "8" days of Christmas! Those dishes are so lovely and the flutes are fabulous! I love how you can recall the time and events that were happening in your life for so many of the things that you've purchased - gives them extra meaning!

DD

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Christine! Always such beautiful tablescapes! Thank you my friend for stopping by! I am also very busy with getting all the Christmas art orders completed (very happy that others stay interested in the art I do!), so I totally understand how busy this time of year is for you too!

Oh goodness! yes, your family is growing and growing! What a blessing! :o) Yay!

Blessings & Aloha!

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

How fun! You dining room is gorgeous and so is your tablescaping.

Anonymous said...

With the holidays being such a short season, we have to use everything we have else miss the opportunity. I love all the Christmas decor, especially the dishes. Your 12 Days pieces are great.

Lady Linda said...

I cannot believe your lovely lovely table settings. I am always in awe of your weekly presentations.
More grandbabies? Lucky you.
Linda

Schotzy said...

Beautiful table..... your home is exquisite!

Maria C said...

I saw those 12 Days of Christmas dishes at WS and I keep circling around the decision of whether to buy them or not. After seeing them here, I think I'm gonna have to! What a wonderful table. The red can be overpowering sometimes, but you've done it just right! Those chargers are terrific!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Just gorgeous, Christine! You have gotten me in the spirit!

XO,

Sheila

Kathleen said...

A perfect Cmas table! I think I had that cloth but returned it to the WS outlet. As soon as I put it on the counter to return, she said, it smells like gasoline right? Yep, that was it. Could not get the smell out of it. It might have been the one with the soldiers, which I think Alma has too, not the days of Christmas.
You did a great job, and I agree, have a parade of Christmas plates!

Anonymous said...

Your table is gorgeous Christine. I love those salad plates!!

Alycia Nichols said...

Your home is so pretty, Christine! I just love how you fill it with beautiful things, and this table is no exception. I am just head over heels in love with the 12 Days plates!!! SO pretty!! The chargers are great. I remember thinking about buying them a couple of years ago. I can't recall what stopped me. I imagine that as the days and months and years pass, there will be many things you will be glad didn't sell in your booth because they will serve you so well in your own home. I know I feel that way even now, and it has been about 5 years since I closed my shop! Being able to see your gorgeous tree in the living room while seated at the dining room table is a real plus!!!

Dolores said...

Wow......everything is gorgeous!! You're giving me the Christmas spirit.
Hugs,

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday