Friday, February 7, 2014

Valentine's Tea Table for Two

Today is Laurie's Annual Valentine's Day Party at http://bargainhuntingwithlaurie.blogspot.com/. Please join us! I almost did not join because I was setting up the tables for a party with my friends on Valentine's Day but I wasn't quite ready for the big day. But being the party goer that I am, I did not want to miss out so why not just set a temporary table for 2? After all, it is more romantic that way and Valentine's Day is all for lovers and romance, isn't it?
 
 So, here it is! Starting with a red lace table cloth with hearts all over it, I laid some pieces which I thought would look romantic. I thought of using my cherub since cupid is a cherub. He resides indoors though I think he might be more for the garden.




The tea set is "Briar Rose"
John gave me these three preserved roses in past Valentine and anniversary days.

These napkins were already on the formal table I was setting up in the living room and I just borrowed them, lol. The flatware set is made by Wm. Rogers. I won the tea cup and snack set (it is a service for 8 but I only used 2 here) in an antique store drawing downtown.


John must like stuffed animals cause he keeps giving there stuffed teddy bears, lol. I think I am too old for them but I keep them anyway.

Thanks for stopping by. I had unexpected company tonight and then we watched the Olympics so I am running late in posting. I am linking with
 
Laurie's Valentine's Party at
Kathleen's Let's Dish
Martha and Terri's Teacup Tues
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Kathy's A Return To Loveliness
Sandi's Teatime Tues
Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Centerpiece Wed
FriendsSharing Tea
Fridays Unfolded
The Tablescaper's Seasonal Sunday

Thank you so much for hosting!
 

12 comments:

The French Hutch said...

HI Christine, Your table for two is lovely. I know I’ll always find a beautiful tablescape anytime I visit.
Happy Weekend.............

~Emily
The French Hutch

Candy S said...

Beautiful Valentine setting for a lovely tea party. The tea pot and the snack plates and cups are so pretty. Of course the napkin says it all. Happy Valentine's Day!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

I agree why not set up a table for two! Your table looks lovely! Those roses your hubby gave you are gorgeous! Love the china- those candle holders are wonderful.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Very sweet, romantic table, Christine!

xo

Sheila

Vel Criste said...

Those roses are so pretty and love that you can keep them forever. Your table is perfect as always!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh goodness my friend, how did I almost miss this lovely and romantic table for two! I love all your tea sets and dishes. The roses from John are very pretty!
Hugs,
FABBY

Rosie M. said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely: especially your roses and tea set! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

Anonymous said...

The cherub is a nice touch,

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Christine, I'm so glad you didn't miss the party. your tea set is beautiful, and how wonderful that you won the snack sets with tea cups in a drawing. The cherubs are such a pretty addition to your tea table, and what pretty linens. Thank you so much for linking. laurie

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous table! Love that tea set.

The Tablescaper said...

Loving your celebration.

Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Sarah said...

Pretty table! Happy Valentine's Day.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday