Thursday, April 10, 2014

Snorkeling in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands

One of our cruise ports was St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands. We have been there at least 4 times so we decided not to tour the city anymore. AJ wanted to go snorkeling so I signed up for that.
 
 
 My 2 sisters took my mother on a sky ride to go to the other side to see the city.

 Our excursion was not until later so AJ and I took pictures around the ship.



 And then it was time to go. AJ was so excited.
 They took us on a catamaran ride to get to the snorkeling site.

 Everybody had to wear a vest which we could either inflate or not. Mine was inflated of course, lol. I have a fear of deep water.
 AJ jumped in the water and encouraged me to do the same. Of course, at this time, I did not know there was actually a ladder to go down from the catamaran. So I followed her and jumped. I had no idea how deep the water was and when I found out, OMG, I got so nervous! One of my fins came off too after I jumped and AJ had to dive for it. I was holding on to AJ so tightly and she said I almost killed her, lol. After a while I was able to relax and got to go on my own, not wandering too far from the instructor and actually enjoyed the snorkel.
 
Too bad I forgot to bring my underwater camera cause there were colorful fish and reefs and we saw lots of sea turtles.
 
Drinks were unlimited on the catamaran. They had a mixed dink called "Pain Killer" with pineapple, coconut, rum, orange juice and something else and it was so good.



 It rained a lot along the way but who cares, we were going to be wet in the water anyway. Luckily there was no lighting nor thunder.

 Wouldn't you like to live there?

 After snorkeling, they took us to a beach in an island, called Honeymoon Beach.
 Lots of cacti.
 AJ swam while I just enjoyed the sand.


 It was an invigorating experience and I am glad we went and it saved me from spending too much in St. Thomas cause it is one of my favorite places to shop.
 
 
On our way back, the other people got so drunk and they were just partying and dancing. They played really loud music and it was fun to watch them.



 We took the cruise so we (all my brothers and sisters and other family members too) could spend some time with my mom who will be 96 this coming July. She was all smiles and just glowing during the cruise. We had a drawing and got a day to take care of her between all of us.
Thank you so much for your visits and comments. I am linking with some travel memes and I appreciate the hostesses.

Travel Tuesday
The Tablescaper's Oh The Places I've Been

22 comments:

Unknown said...

I love St. Thomas!! And your mother is beautiful!!!! What a great time to spend with your family!!!

Sarah ~ Magnolias Attic said...

Wow, what a trip! I bet the fish were beautiful to see when you were snorkeling! I've never been on a cruise so your photos were interesting to see :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Vulpita Calatoare said...

Wonderful experience!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

It must have been an amazing trip. I'm in love with the house overlooking the sea.

Unknown said...

Looks fabulous! And to be able to share such quality time with your mother and entire family is truly priceless.

Michele {Malaysian Meanders} said...

I've never snorkeled in that area, but I bet it must be great. I've been longing for a good snorkel trip, and I always have on a vest because I'm too lazy to have to work to float. It does indeed look like some of the people on that return boat are having a grand old time.

Creations By Cindy said...

Looks like you all had lots of fun.Your mom is so beautiful and wow...cannot believe her age! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Traci said...

What a great trip! We love cruises! Pain Killer sounds like my kind of drink. I love coconut rum!!! Everytime I see pics of your mom I'm just amazed at her age. She looks so great!

Sue said...

Your mom looks so good at that age! It must have been a dream for her to have her family all around. It looks like a beautiful trip. I am not afraid of water at all but the one time I tried to snorkel, I couldn't stand the mask over my face and breathing through the tube. Maybe with a bit more practice I could get it!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh Christine, what a fun trip, I love those Islands! Let me tell you, your Young missy gets pretty everyday and has a lovely figure; I bet she got a lot of attention! Yes, I'd love to live in that house up in the hill, gorgeous!
Your mom looks wonderful amazing she's such an elderly lady and enjoys everything!
I bet you saw some beautiful sea life while snorking!
Have a wonderful Easter ahead, my friend.
FABBY

Alycia Nichols said...

Oh, my goodness...you were SO brave to jump off the side of that catamaran! There is NO WAY I could have done it. I, too, have a great fear of water...deep or otherwise. I am the only one in my family who can't swim. The jump alone would have given me a heart attack!!! I'm glad AJ came to the rescue!

What a beautiful area to vacation in! There is so much beauty in this world!!! Even the man-made beauty like that house just takes my breath away! Yes...I'd LOVE to live in that house!!!

I'll take a few of those Pain Killers to go, please! :-)

You guys look terrific and like you were having the time of your lives!!!

the cape on the corner said...

what a wonderful trip for your family. looks like the snorkeling trip was fun. i'm a bad swimmer, but i think snorkelling is worth it to see all the ocean life. of course i could do without things like barracuda!

Jacqueline said...

Oh, how fun! Everything is so lovely and the homes and boats, including the ship are amazing. You are always so fun and live life just like a teenager! I would love to go on another cruise sometime soon!

Unknown said...

Traveling in such lovely place with the family is one of the amazing things to do. Visiting Virgin Island, I feel like it’s already summer. You captured nice photos here! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Sebastian of
Tropical Life Style

Debbiedoos said...

Oh good times good times! Looks beautiful there. We have been to St. Marteen on our honey moon. Would love to go here though too!

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

Entertaining Women said...

Thanks for taking us along on your marvelous trip. It looks fantastic! Cherry Kay

Unknown said...

You made ​​some very nice pictures. The landscape is very beautiful and the island looks very inviting. Sounds like a destination that can bring you a lot of fun. You made me want to go there too. Take care!

Susan' Hearts and Flowers said...

Christine, it looks like you and your family had a wonderful time. Your photos are gorgeous.
I took a break from blogging but I am back now. Its good to see you again.
Susan
Susan's Hearts and Flowers

Susan' Hearts and Flowers said...

Christine, I will keep your granddaughter in my prayers.

Solange Belém said...

Paradise! Fantástic experience !

Deborah Montgomery said...

Christine, I just came over from Fabby's blog. Just wanted to let you know I'll be praying for your sweet granddaughter. Blessings, Deborah

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday