Saturday, September 20, 2014

First Touches of Fall in Florida Home

Awesome News! We received great results on Rea's MRI, CT and MIBG scans. We are so happy particularly on the MIBG scan report that showed it to be normal! The MIBG is a long nuclear medicine scan she had on Wednesday. They inject radioactive dye, called a tracer, then scan the entire body. Anywhere neuroblastoma is present will light up in the images. IT WAS NEGATIVE!
The notes say: “No evidence of metastatic disease at this time.” The lesion in her left knee that caused the fracture is history, and no new tumors are evident!
Since Rea is doing so well, I decided to drive to our Florida home again, which is a 2.5 hrs. away from where Rea and family lives. My other daughter lives next door and I wanted to see my other grandkids. I am only staying for the weekend because Rea's mom, Rochelle, needs me with the babies when she takes and picks up AJ, her teen-ager to and from school.

While here, I decided to decorate a little for Fall, starting with the foyer and dining room.
 I love this runner. I found it at Marshall's.



The pierced pumpkin has a light inside but it is not very bright.







 This is that long frame hanging on the wall. I don't know why but I am fascinated with doors. We found this at an art festival show in Park City, Utah. They are doors the artists took a picture of, while traveling in South America.
 I just added a white pumpkin on the foyer table. It is a lamp.



Thank you so much for stopping by. Thanks especially to the hostesses, whose memes I am linking with and I also want to thank everybody who has been praying for Rea.
 
Susan's Metamorphosis Monday
Cindy's Amaze me Monday
Mary's Masterpieces Monday
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
http://www.astrollthrulife.net/
Kathy's A Return To Lovelines
Kathryn's Before and After Wednesday
Maria Elena's Tuesdays at Our Home
Kathryn's Before and After Wed
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
Home Sweet Home 
 

 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks absolutely beautiful, Christine!

Kathleen said...

What wonderful news! I am keeping her in my prayers. Your FL house looks great. It is still summer here, no Fall decos. I did buy some mums at Costco, that's it!

Susan' Hearts and Flowers said...

Christine you did a beautiful work with your fall decorating. Everything is so inviting.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Wow what great news about Rea! I know this has to take a weight off of everybody's shoulders. Looks like you had some fun decorating for fall! That runner was a great find and I like the tray vignette! I like doors too and old door handles! Hope your brief visit with the other grand kids will be fun. Take care,Liz

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Wonderful news!
Pretty Fall deco. Hope you are enjoying the weekend.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

We'll be praying for baby Rea in my next rosary with my friends, so she can continue getting healthier. Your Flo. home is looking so you Chris, with the gorgeous Fall décor, it's so warm and cozy...I love everything.
Have a lovely week.
FABBY

Alycia Nichols said...

I like your "Life is Beauty Full" sign, Christine, and I'm sure it's feeling that way for you and your family right now with Rea's prognosis! Hooray for the little fighter!!! That little girl is going to go far in this life. She's got what it takes to battle it out! I'm so happy for her and for your whole family. I'm sure you all breathed a huge collective sigh of relief to read those magic words "no metastatic activity."

Your Florida house is looking great for fall! Without a change of seasons there, I'm sure it's kind of fun to create your own indoors!

Have a wonderful week, and again...HOORAY for Rea!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

good news bout Rea, loving your "fall" touches in your Florida. thanks for sharing at InspireMeTuesday..prayers for all.

Traci said...

Christine, that is FABULOUS news!! I'm so happy for your family. I know you're all so relieved.

busymomof10 said...

Love the Fall Touches in your Florida home1 They look Fabulous!

Vel Criste said...

Everything looks lovely Christine, your so ready for Fall!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Chris, I love those two pieces of furniture with a pattern on them...so much fun! We prayed for baby Rea again and I believe our Lord is listening.
Enjoy your weekend.
FABBY

Ivy and Elephants said...

I so happy to hear good news about, Rea! Love your fall touches, especially that pumpkin lamp!
Hugs,
Patti

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your home looks amazing. I am so happy to hear the good news about Rea. What a blessing God has given to you.

The Charm of Home said...

So glad the scan was negative Christine! Beautiful table!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday