Friday, September 5, 2014

New Buffet in Florida Dining Room

 
I had an opportunity to visit our home in Florida while Rea was home and doing well. I bought the buffet below just before I left the last time I came and had my son in law pick it up so it has been sitting there empty. I finally got a chance to accessorize it.

You will notice here that the dining table is darker than the chairs. I particularly like the buffet because it has 2 shades of wood colors, a darker and a lighter brown, so it blends well with the dining furniture. I originally wanted to furnish this house with lighter ones but ended up with dark wood again. Somehow, I am always drawn back to dark wood. Oh well, the house is bright so it does not really matter.

I had this pair of buffet lamps just sitting in our garage in Mississippi so I asked John to stick them in his luggage when he came to visit.
I went around the house to look for accessories and came up with all these.
a bunny, a bird tea light holder and a Paris pitcher.
a brown and while toile tea set that was sitting on the kitchen bar ended up in the center.
All these came from Homegoods. I wish I took a picture of the ceramic tray so I can show you. I love it, it's Frenchy.
On the right side of the buffet, I added some book boxes, a bird cage and a pot with faux flowers. I can't really use real plants inside here because I am hardly here so I can't take care of them. My daughter and her family live next door and they help  me take care of the house but I avoid giving them unnecessary work to do. Do you see the table and 2 chairs outside on the front porch? I ordered them from Joss & Main.


Inside, I displayed my Alice in Wonderland tea set and plates and some crystal stemware.




Let me take you to the family room. I just want to show you something. It is that box sitting in the center of the white cabinet there.
I am using the tiny drawers to store various napkin rings. I found it at TJ Maxx.
 
 
 
In the front yard, I added 2 hanging solar lanterns. I thought they were really cheap. I bought them for $4.99 each from Old Time Pottery and that includes the stands. I stuck them across each other by the entry.
Thank you so much for stopping by. Thanks also to the hostesses of the memes I am linking to.
 
Susan's Metamorphosis Monday
Cindy's Amaze me Monday
Mary's Masterpieces Monday
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
http://www.astrollthrulife.net/
Kathy's A Return To Lovelines
Sandi's Teatime Tues
Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Martha and Terri's Teacup Tues
Maria Elena's Tuesdays at Our Home
Kathryn's Before and After Wed
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
Home Sweet Home 
Kate's Flaunt it Friday

 

20 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a great tour, Christine! I always love to see your things, and that buffet is perfect for the DR. Love your napkin ring storage, too, and the new lanterns! That was a great price. It is starting to look like home with your dishes and pretties.

xoxoxo

Sheila :-)

Vel Criste said...

i LOVE dark wood too Christine, and your right, the light washes it out anyway. Love all your little vignettes and the drawer you found is perfect for those napkin rings of yours!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Pretty! I am another one that prefers the darker woods. Nice deal on the lanterns. The OTP in my area closed a while back - sure miss that store.
Enjoy your weekend.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh you always have such great things to accessorize a few houses Christine!
I love the buffet and of course, the dark wood furnishing, along with the lanterns!
I also love the teaset with the tray...gorgeous!
Hugs,
FABBY

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Christine,
Beautiful!! You always share such lovely things from your dishes to your furniture!! Stunning!!
Thanks so much for your visit!!

Hugs,
Deb

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

What wonderful pieces, Christine! You did a great job of pulling things together for your buffet. You have such beautiful pieces to work with all the time!

Helen's Decor said...

Christine, you always have something terrific to share with us. I am crazy over dark wood, too. Your Florida dining room looks great, but my favorite is your Mississippi one. Love the buffet lamps, too. Thanks for sharing. Helen

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Love the dark wood of your buffet, it's gorgeous! and I like your napkin storage that is a such a great idea for those napkin rings...I am going to have to hunt for one of those.

sweet violets said...

I'm also drawn to the darker woods, and your dining room looks wonderful with the blend!! There is so much light coming in esp. with the tall ceilings, it looks great!!

Love the new buffet and the brown tea set, you always arrange things so nicely. Great idea on that little cabinet with the drawers!!! Very clever!!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Christine: I love how the white looks in peoples home, but like you, I always end up with the darker wood. Everything looks very pretty. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

Beth in NEPA said...

What a great tour Christine. Love all the vignettes you create. And I especially like that toile tea set! Using that many drawered cabinet for your napkin rings is a terrific idea

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Christine,
I love all the light you get in your home! Beautiful windows! The drawered cabinet is a great idea to house your napkin rings and I LOVE your brown toile tea set and the tray. Thanks for joining me for tea and have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Lady of the Manor said...

You did a beautiful job 'dressing' your new buffet! It looks lovely with your dining set. I really like that tea set and the little box of drawers is perfect storage for those napkin rings!

Babs said...

I enjoyed your Florida home tour. Great buffet and the lamps are perfect. I think the dark furniture works well with the light floors and walls. Great price on the solar lanterns.

Sylvia said...

Thanks for inviting me for the tour of your beautiful home. I love your buffet,the tea set on it is just gorgeous! I am visiting from Sandi's Tea Time Tuesday, come visit me at A Grandma's Blessings!

Bernideen said...

Your home is really beautiful. I love your tea set as I recognize it as one I sold in the past in my shop!

Crystal Grandeur said...


Beautiful collections and I love the tea pots and the lamps.Everything in the house looks gorgeous.Love and hugs sujatha..:)

The Charm of Home said...

Hi Christine! I love that dining furniture, very British Colonialish. One of my favorite styles. I also love those two tea sets!! They are gorgeous! I am so glad you joined the party so I could catch up with you. It has been hectic here my niece has had three children 3,2, 6 months and I help her watch them. I don't get around to visit like I used or decorate like I used to, but I still make dessert and have tea. I couldn't give that up! Thanks for joining HSH!

Antiques And Teacups said...

Great new buffet, and I love the tea things. They go so well together! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
ruth

Ivy and Elephants said...

Sooo pretty! Love that brown transferware, the buffet is perfect.
Hugs,
Patti

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday