Sunday, October 19, 2014

Old New Stand Desk for DH

DH has been wanting to buy a stand desk because he says his back is bothering him when he is sitting for prolonged time. Suddenly I remembered having a tall desk in the garage that I used as a craft table years ago. So, I dragged it from the garage with the 2 tall stools that came with it, and moved them by the window in our home office.
 It doesn't match the style of the existing furniture but I don't think it looks bad. Besides, it is functional and John likes it. Now, I can take over the whole brown desk when I am making jewelry.

 There it is! I have a small bookshelf that I placed at the end.


Now, let me just take you around the room. This is where I usually blog from.
 The right is my side of the desk and it is usually neater, although I straightened his side before I started taking pics, lol. I should use his desktop computer, it's bigger, but I am more used to mine.
 We have 2 of those black Asian cabinets, a lateral file cabinet for me
 and a tall one in the corner for hubby's files. The bottom 2 drawers are file cabinets.

I want to show you the mirror above the lateral file cabinet. It is framed in a linen fabric with an Asian painting on it.
 
 I like to watch news while blogging or facebooking, so the TV up there comes in handy to keep up with current events.
 


This was the "Before" of the window side before I moved the table and stools. I think it looks better now.
Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know what you think and I really appreciate comments. Thank you also to the hostesses of the memes I am linking with.
Susan's Metamorphosis Monday
Cindy's Amaze me Monday
Mary's Masterpieces Monday
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Maria Elena's Tuesdays at Our Home
Kathryn's Before and After Wed
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
Home Sweet Home
Kate's Flaunt it Friday
Fridays Unfolded

5 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love this room by the master bedroom, Christine and the little space you created for John with the standing desk by the window. You did a great job decorating it. I specially love the big leather chairs and your desk.
FABBY

Anajá Schmitz said...

Amei a mesa, e tudo muito lindo. Uma linda casa.
Tenha uma ótima semana.

Photography classes San Francisco said...

mast re..........
photography classes atlanta

lorik said...

Lovely rich tones in your pics.

Creations By Cindy said...

I love how you found a simple yet beautiful fix for John! Love the cabinets! SO PRETTY! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday