Saturday, October 25, 2014

Villeroy & Boch Apple Bakers

 This table is inspired by my Villeroy and Boch apple bakers. Besides, apples are really good at this time of the year.
It all started when I spotted this apple baker while touring Trier City in Germany when I entered a Villeroy and  Boch store. I did not buy any because aside from being so pricey (and in euros), they are very breakable and bulky and our luggage were already overweight by that time, but I was so tempted.
Then, I saw them on Ebay with free shipping and I had to have at least 2 of them.
I love how they look on the table.



 
 The recipe even came with the bakers. Pecans, butter, brown sugar, lemon zest placed in the apple cavity after it is cored and maple syrup poured on it. Light the tea light candle under the baker and bake right there for one hour. It dispersed this wonderful aroma throughout the whole house too while baking. Yum!

I used Spode's Buttercup dishes for our setting.







 
Look at it bubbling. It made the whole house smell so good too.


 I love the baker. I will have to find more to complete a set of 8 at least. It would be a good dessert to serve.
The goblets have little yellow pineapples on them, or are they lemons? LOL! I forgot to take a close up picture and it is hard to decipher right now.

A ghost and pumpkin salt and pepper shakers.
Thank you so much for stopping by and thank you to the hostesses. I appreciate you all very much.
Mandarin Orange Mon
Christine's Table it Monday
Masterpiece Monday
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
Cindy's Amaze me Monday
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Kathy's A Return To Loveliness
Maria Elena's Tuesdays at Our Home
Paula's What's It Wed
Centerpiece Wed
Tablescape Thursday
Kate's Flaunt it Friday
Fridays Unfolded

18 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...

OMG Christine, I would have never imagined this adorable pieces ever existed on earth to bake apples, that I love too and they work! At first I couldn't believe it, lol! They look great for C'mas too! Yummy looking baked apples!
Hugs,
FABBY

Marigene said...

Christine, leave it up to you to find those cute apple bakers...had no idea they came with domes/stands and could bake the apples right at the table. I don't NEED more dishes to try to find a place to store...I tell myself that every time I go shopping...do I listen, heck no! Your china is really pretty, too.
Wishing you a wonderful upcoming week.

Terra said...

Christine these apple bakers are new to me and look fabulous. The house would smell great and the apples would be a great dessert or to serve with a main course. I like that you found them and told me about them here.

Terra said...

Christine these apple bakers are new to me and look fabulous. The house would smell great and the apples would be a great dessert or to serve with a main course. I like that you found them and told me about them here.

Blondie's Journal said...

This is a beautiful table (as always!). I love the yellow dishes, they make it seem like autumn. I've never seen the apple bakers but they look like so much fum!!

Thanks for a great tablescape!!

Janie xx

Crystal Grandeur said...

Beautiful as ever. The center decor is so cute with all those cute elements. I don't know much about apple bakers but must be a great use in the kitchen. Lovely yellow dishes.Love the pumpkin ghost a lot.Love sujatha:)

abrianna said...

I have never seen those before, but they are lovely. I put mine in a 9 by 13 pan and bake in the oven-my house smells good too when I do that.

Lmkazmierczak said...

Wow...what a cool tradition...hope you find more for your collection♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/prickly-burrs/

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

I have never seen anything like them. So pretty and what a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
Blessings,
Cindy

lorik said...

Interesting collection. Thanks for sharing with Mandarin Orange Monday:)

sweet violets said...

Leave it up to you to come up with something so unique and useful too!! That's so cool the recipe was included and you tried it!! You always find the most fun things!!!

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

These are precious little pieces and I had no idea there was such a thing as an apple baker! I want some now too.
I can smell and taste the goodness that came from your warm and welcoming home.
Jemma

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh my goodness, I have never even heard of apple bakers before- how cool is that? I love the thought of them baking - I can only imagine how wonderful the house smells while doing so.

Looks like your pretty home is all set for Halloween and Autumn!

Thanks for your visit and sweet comments.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh No! Now I want some apple bakers. I've never seen those, and that apple sounds so yummy. What a great addition to the table. laurie

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Those are the neatest! I've never seen or heard of them before. You know you've started a lot of people off to search for them now! I wouldn't have imagine that the tea light could provide enough heat to bake them- that's fantastic! I bet it smelled fabulous. It's a wonderful time of the year with all the apples that have been harvested isn't it!

Rosie M. said...

What a beautiful and interesting post! I've never heard of an apple baker before! I can imagine what the house must smell like while they are being used. How lovely they look on the table. Thanks for sharing. Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

Kathy said...

Wow, Christine! I have never heard nor seen these before - they're marvelous! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

It all started when I spotted this apple baker while touring Trier City in Germany when I entered a Villeroy and Boch store. I did not buy any ... vvilleroyundboch.blogspot.de

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday