Friday, February 27, 2015

Food Tastes Better With Polish Pottery

You did not think this was our kitchen. did you? Anyway, we sold our big china cabinet and brown round dining set that used to be here, pictures shown down below. I had this dining set sitting on the back porch all messed up from being outside and getting wet so I had to repaint and refinish it and then moved it here for us to use. I will try to sell it also before our final move.
This is the first tablescape I did here since it has been redone.
 John has been a victim of identity theft recently. We tried to file electronically through Turbo Tax last Monday and our returns were rejected because evidently, someone else had filed an income tax using John's SS number fraudulently. IRS said they were already suspicious and that they have sent us a letter (none received yet as of this date) about it but we still had to file lots of paperwork and call so many organizations to get this problem cleared and we had to file our income taxes on paper by mail. After a few days, I thought we deserved something nice for ourselves so I prepared a lobster lunch for 2. I have given all our veggies to a friend because we were supposed to drive to FL last Wed., which obviously is delayed because of this problem, so it was a simple lobster with garlic cheese toast and rice.
 I set the table using Polish Pottery which always make me happy.


 I thought that when it comes to Polish pottery, I already have everything, but to my surprise, I have no butter warmer. Do they even sell one? Anyway, I improvised! I took a small teapot warmer and placed a lidded sugar bowl on it and added calamundin and butter in it to melt. It worked!

 I bought the lobster already cooked and frozen from Walmart and they were really good and quite meaty.
 The chicken napkin ring holders were a gift from a good friend one past Christmas. Thanks, Noems! Love them!


 That wall looks so bare without the wide china cabinet there, so I moved a rolling tea tray there. Still bare but a little better, lol.

 We have been packing stuff in boxes and I pulled this down from above my doll cabinet and it actually looks nice on this table so I will use it for a while.
 Tin pineapple candle holders. I can't remember where I bought them but I love them. I like anything pineapple because it signifies hospitality and I even like to eat the real one.
 The table runner was bought from one of our Caribbean cruises, from Roatan Island.



If you remember, this was how our kitchen used to be. I sold that large cabinet and then sold the table too. I will miss that cabinet very much because it held lots of my china collection, but we have no room for it in our Florida home.

 This set was sold and is gone now too and the mantel is painted a very pale yellowish cream now.

 And this is "NOW"!
 I distressed the set showing both old finishes, brown stain and turquoise paint.


Thanks for your visits! It has been very busy in our household, never a dull moment, that is why I have not been posting on my blog much nor visiting most of you.  I hope I can make up for it after we are settled in Florida. I have been packing my china and other household stuff and trying to sell what I can let go. Again if you want to be added to my "Moving Sale" on Facebook, send me a request at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1386140495020466/1410727209228461/?notif_t=group_comment even if you are just curious as to what I am letting go. To my surprise, almost everything is going so fast.
Thanks to the hostesses!
Kate's Flaunt it Friday
Home Matters
Sally's Blue Monday
Christine's Table it Monday
Cindy's Amaze me Monday
Mary's Masterpieces Monday
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Maria Elena's Tuesdays at Our Home
Kathryn's Before and After Wed
Paula's What's It Wed
Centerpiece Wed
Sarah's Homemaking party
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
Tablescape Thursday
Home Sweet Home
 
 

23 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love your new table and yes, everything is better with Polish Pottery!

Terra said...

Both of your homes are very beautiful and I imagine your home you are selling will sell quickly. The blue Polish pottery is fabulous, and that lobster looks delish.

Beth said...

So sorry for the identify theft issue. That is horrible! Hope you can get things all straightened out very soon and get on with the new life you both envision! Your table is beautiful. I really love your Polish pottery. The lobster looks delicious. Take care and best wishes as you sell items and your home and move closer to your family. I saw that Sheila from Note Songs sold her TX home and moved to upstate NY to be close to her babies. Family is so important!

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine! Oh, no! I'm sorry to hear about the identity theft! This has happened to us a few years ago and it was just awful and makes you feel so vulnerable. I hope it all gets resolved soon. Everything looks so lovely at your house and I'm outta the loop and didn't realize you were moving to your Florida home! You have such wonderful taste and I know your home will look gorgeous. Not to mention you'll be close to your grands! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Unknown said...

LOVE the dishes and the new look! So fresh! Thanks for joining us at the #HomeMattersParty – we hope to see you again next week! Feel free to bring a friend with you :) Happy Friday! #TGIF

Salmagundi said...

I only have one piece of Polish Pottery, but always enjoy seeing yours. Thanks for sharing. Sally

Silvia said...

I have always loved your dishes! All the best to you and John.Sorry to hear about the theft issue.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

The Polish pottery is gorgeous and it does make anyone happy to see it served so beautifully as you do. Love that lobster!
I'm sorry John's been having problems with the identify theft situations, what a drag!
Have a better weekend.
FABBY

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I am so sorry to read about his identity theft.
Pretty table setting and the lobster dinner looks yummy. Looking forward to seeing what you do with your new home.

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

I am so sorry for the problems you and hubby are going thru. I hope it gets resolved soon! Your table however is wonderful and I too love polish pottery. Its beautiful.

SmilingSally said...

Hi Christine,

So sorry to hear about the identity theft; I hope you get it cleared up soon.

So, you're moving to FL? Great! You'll be close to your babies. Is John retiring?

Thanks for making Blue Monday special.

Happy Blue Monday!

Unknown said...

have fun at Florida,
lovely polish pottery.

Sandra Lee said...

Beautiful table and I hope everything is resolved soon.

Annesphamily said...

I just hate that identify theft! It is the worst and it seems someone is always trying to steal from the hard working! I am sorry it happened in your phamily too. The table looks lovely and all that blue is cheerful! I loved all your pretty things you had to sell. But I knwo you will lvoe your new home. Have a wonderful week.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Christine I LOVE this table setting... those dishes are beautiful! Love your painted table and chairs too!

Traci said...

So pretty! What a pain about John's identity. I know what a hassle it is to get a new credit card after fraudulent charges I can't imagine everything you have to do with a stolen identity.

Creations By Cindy said...

I am so sorry about the problems you are having with the IRS identity issue! WOW! That scares me! Praying it works out soon and very soon Christine. I love your table and my husband would be your best friend with that beautiful lobster! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Jacqueline said...

Ooh, I love the brown and turquoise peaking through! The table turned out so nice!

Oh, that makes me sick about the identity theft. I was just thinking about that while watching an ad for Life Lock. We have had our checks and credit card numbers stolen so I think we had better look into something to protect. So upsetting.

Your simple lobster dinner looks simply perfect!

Denise said...

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I've been there, and it's sure no picnic!
The lovely dinner must have helped a little.
Your dishes are stunning!

Diane said...

Christine! Since my husband retired (I have to keep writing this!), I keep missing the most important things, like you are moving to Florida!! Oh, how I wish you well. I am horrified to read, about the issue involving identify theft. I think, all of us are constantly nervous regarding that happening to us. Your table setting is beautiful and I truly believe that a butter warmer is not available or you would already have one - lol!!

Sarah said...

Christine, your table looks so inviting. Wish I could join you for dinner. Sorry about the problems. You have a lot going on in your life! Good luck!

The Charm of Home said...

That looks like a fabulous dinner! The pottery is beautiful too!~

Vel Criste said...

That lobster just pops with that beautiful polish pottery of yours Christine! Glad your moving a lot of your things out and hopefully, will be left with only very few to tackle!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday