Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Girls' Night Out Challenge

 
I wasn't really going to join Kathleen's challenge because I am extremely busy. Only one week and counting , we are moving and I am not done packing.  My son and other imported movers are arriving as early as this Saturday and we are loading a trailer this weekend and the truck next Wed.
 But anyway, as I packed, I saw these Princess House "Pavillion" dinner plates, about to be put in the plastic bin. But wait, I can use these! John was organizing in the garage and needed my help. While assisting him, I saw these strictly feminine salad plates. Aaaah, it's all coming together. And yesterday, I took down 2 busts from the shelves to be packed, so why not use them?
 I took a vase from the foyer and filled it with jasmines that are blooming and climbing the arbor outside, and stuck them in the vase. Hmmm, they smell heavenly! All my napkin rings are all packed away so no rings this time. Same thing with salt and pepper shakers, all packed away too except for the ugly ones my hubby uses everyday and the table is supposed to be pretty, (It's for girls, remember?),  so I did not use them.

 The flatware sets are not packed yet. They are easy, will just throw them in  boxes, unlike plates that I wrap very well, so I will do them last.
 Most of the stemware are packed away but I was able to find these to use.

 Aren't the faces on my busts just sweet?

 Luckily, I still had these glass greenish plate chargers still out so I got to use them.




 Sorry about the box at the end by the wall. I did not realize it was there until I saw this picture.
And there it is! I hope you like it. I think it passed the femininity test.
 
Thanks for stopping by. Now, let's go over at Kathleen's at http://www.cuisinekathleen.com/and look at the other tables.
 
I am also linking with
Home Matters
Cindy's Amaze me Monday
Mary's Masterpieces Monday
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Maria Elena's Tuesdays at Our Home
Paula's What's It Wed
Centerpiece Wed
Sarah's Homemaking party
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
Tablescape Thursday
Share your Style Thursday
Home Sweet Home
Kate's Flaunt it Friday
 
Thanks Kathleen and to all the other hostesses for these fun parties!

13 comments:

Beth said...

Hi Christine, Those salad plates are awesome! Love them! Your vase with jasmine is stunning, as are the busts. Beautiful feminine table!

candlelightsupper said...

What a beautiful table. My oh my, it should turned out lovely. You did this and moving too... Amazing!

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

Love, love your busts and magnificent jasmine! Such an amazing job, especially using things on hand! Lovely!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Such a beautiful table. I love the plates best. Amazing that you are packing yet put this tablescape together! A fun challenge.

Creations By Cindy said...

Love your girls night out tablescape. I wanted to do this but no time!!! Maybe Kathaleen will do it again. But I love everything girly! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Hi Christine! How fun to run into you my friend, right here at the challenge! As always with a gorgeous table with such cute plates. I specially love your flower vase as a centerpiece. Your busts are gorgeous too.
Don't forget to read what I'm saying at the beginning of my post...if you decide to visit me.
Hugs,
FABBY

Rosie M. said...

Bravo, Christine! You're moving and still can create such loveliness!! Those top accent plates are darling and I LOVE your flatware (what is the pattern, if I might ask?). So very pretty at so many levels. Thank you for taking the time to complete this in the midst of all your work. Best of luck with the move,
Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

Traci said...

What a fun table! Good luck with the move!

Anonymous said...

Lovely table. Those plates are perfect!

Vel Criste said...

I can't believe you managed to pull of such a fun and stylish table with your super busy schedule?! Wonderful Christine and Belated Happy Birthday again!

Candy S said...

My goodness Christine, you are amazing!! You are in the middle of packing up to move and just like pulling a rabbit out of your hat you manage to create a stunning and feminine table that any girl would be delighted to sit down to for an evening of fun with the girls. I love the paper doll clothes salad plates. Reminds me of playing with my Brenda Starr paper dolls (many years ago of course). Beautiful job!

Ivy and Elephants said...

What a cute and clever idea! Love those salad plates, too.
Hugs,
Patti

Nancy's Notes said...

Christine, oh my heavens, what a glorious and beautiful tablescape! I have that same gorgeous vase, I dearly love it! Oh and your silver pattern, like mine! You do have great taste, my friend!
Can't believe you had time to create this all the while packing to move! Wow!

Nancy

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday