Sunday, October 4, 2015

Does Grazing the Table

We have 2 birthday celebrants in the family on October 7, my son Jed who turns 41 (Geez, I am getting old, lol)  and John's daughter's son Wren who turns 4, so I thought I will set this table for them. My son is a hunter and Wren loves animals.
 
Happy Birthday, Jed and Wren. Love you both!
 Here is Jed with his twin nieces. He really spoils them and they just adore him!
 And this is Wren with his newborn baby brother. Aren't they just the most precious and cutest boys?
And here are the does grazing the table. I hope the table is masculine enough.
 My friend from Natchez, Brenda, gave me these candle holders last Christmas. They are perfect for Fall and I love them.


 I used our dark brown bamboo flatware set.
Brown and beige American Atelier dinnerware in "Mehndi" pattern. The plate chargers are wooden and oval from Horchow. I have had them for several years now. 
 I bought the really heavy iron rustic deer from Grandmother's Buttons in St. Francisville, MS a few years ago. They were 90% off and I think John and I bought them all, lol. I just spread them all over the table.







 The amber "iris" goblets were from Horchow from years ago and I bought the wine glasses with autumn leaves from the Dollar Store.
 I was organizing the garage and one of the bins' labels showed that my orange Bavarian Tirschenreuth teapot is there so I took it out. I like using it in the Fall because of its colors. It did not have any matching sugar and creamer servers so I just used my white medallion ones. For the tea cups (since I have not found my matching ones yet), I just used Polish pottery with predominantly orange in colors and 2 postale mugs with orange and also used my hunt scene cup and saucer.



Thank you so much for your visits. I also like to thank the hostesses for the parties that I am participating in.
 
Christine's Table it Monday
Cindy's Amaze me Monday
Creative Mondays Blog Hop
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
Kathy's A Return To Loveliness
Sandi's Teatime Tues
Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Martha and Terri's Teacup Tues
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Maria Elena's Tuesdays at Our Home
Paula's What's It Wed
Show and Share Wednesday Link Party
Sarah's Homemaking party
Idea Box Thursday Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
Bernideen's Tea Time
Share your Style Thursday
Tablescape Thursday
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
 
Home Sweet Home
Lorelai's Home Matters
Kate's Flaunt it Friday
Courtney's Feathered Nest Friday
 

18 comments:

Crystal Grandeur said...


Dear Christini ...Yet an other beautiful table from you you. Love the colours that you have used. The deer looks pretty. Wishes for the celebrations. Have a great day. Hugs Sujatha:)

Lady of the Manor said...

What a great Fall and 'guy' table for your company! I love how you used those does...and what finds for 90% off. Beautiful job!

bj said...

You always have the most beautiful table but it's your family that is so awesome.
xoxo

Vel Criste said...

This is what I call musculine chic! Happy birthday to the two!

Margie said...

What a beautiful table, Christine! I would have scooped up all the rustic deer too at that bargain price!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Christine, your table is perfect for the guys! I also have two men in my life who love the woods and critters. They would love your table too! The deer are the perfect touch and your glassware is lovely. You do know how to set a special table, my friend. Thanks for sharing with us and Happy Birthday to the guys!

Blessings,
Sandi

Claire Justine said...

You have such a beautiful table settings, love everything :)

Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh my goodness Christine. I love this table.....Better be glad I am not close by my friend...your cute deer might go missing! LOL! Love it all. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Marigene said...

First off, Happy birthday to Jed and Wren! What a great table for the men in your life...love the china and those wood chargers.
What did you serve for dinner?

Gemma Wiseman said...

The birthday table has been so beautifully arranged. The candle holders are exquisite.

Bernideen said...

Yes, these deer look wonderful for fall incorporated into your table setting. Your grandboys are sure darling! (hope I got that right) You have a wonderful family! So glad you shared.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful table !!! And it certainly looks "manly." It is so hard to set a table for men but I think you have nailed it. What a treat it will be for the Birthday boys !! Thanks for sharing.

Angelina at Petite Haus said...

I love the deer grazing along your table! So creative, you could keep them up into thanksgiving and winter!

Lulu said...

You have so many interesting pieces with which to work that your tables are always as lively as they are interesting.

candlelightsupper said...

Beautiful table! So warm and welcoming. I love the deer. Your plates and flatware are stunning. Valerie.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

What a fantastic table, perfect for the men in your life. Not too girly....Manly..LOL Love the deer and the plates are really gorgeous. Such a lovely gift from your friend, Brenda.

Unknown said...

Such a great table! Love those deer "grazing" all over the table. Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty - hope to see you again next week.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Wonderful reason to celebrate! Our oldest will turn 42 in Dec. and our oldest son turned 40 last Thurs. Does make us feel old! The table is beautiful and I love your gorgeous tea set. Perfect for Fall! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday