Saturday, February 13, 2016

Wm Guerin & Co by Limoges for Valentine's Table, 2016

I just arrived from Illinois the other night, from visiting my mom who was sick in the hospital with pneumonia and fluids on both lungs. She really progressed very slowly at first so John and I ended up staying there for a whole month. Thank God for retirement that we are able to do that. My mom's chest xray is normal now but she is still in rehab but should be able to go home pretty soon. Thank for those who prayed for her recovery.
 I just set the table in the kitchen 's breakfast nook for Valentine. I set it for 4 in case my daughter Tina and her hubby Scott from next door will join us.
 The plate chargers are enamel from Homegoods, bought sometime last year.
 I thought this Lladro dancing couple would make a romantic centerpiece and of course there has to be a heart so I added the ceramic heart that John gave me from a while back.
 I had a $30 Homegoods reward dollars so John and I swang back there and I bought the small wine glasses with Bohemian painting and design, plus a few other things to use up the rewards money.


 Beaded napkin rings from Pier One. They must be at least 9 years old.
 White birds for salt and pepper.
 I love this linen tablecloth. I love the mix of embroideries and lace. I bought it while antiquing with a blogger friend, Vanna in Seattle, a few years ago.


 Wanting to use red, I picked our casual red flatware bought from Kohl's a few years ago.
 The plates are made by Wm Guerin & Co, Limoges, France.
 For the tea, I decided to use Spode's Emma's Garland tea set but I stayed with Limoges teacup and saucer that matches the dinnerware set.




Thanks again for your visit. I always appreciate your comments. I would also like to thank the hostesses of the memes that I like to join.
 
Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!!
 
Beverly's Pink Saturday
Chloe's Celebrate it Sunday
 
Sally's Blue Monday
Christine's Table it Monday
 
Show and Share
Cindy's Amaze me Monday
 
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Sandi's Teatime Tues
Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Martha and Terri's Teacup Tues
Maria Elena's Tuesdays at Our Home
 
Sarah's Homemaking party
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
Tablescape Thursday
Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden Blog Party!
Share your Style Thursday
Courtney's Feathered Nest Friday

 

25 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Happy Valentine's my friend, I have been missing you but here you are with this gorgeous table setting for romance. I specially love your linen... the dishes and that pretty figurine just perfect for the love celebration.
Hope you come by and have a wonderful Valentine's now that your mom is back to good health.
Hugs,
FABBY

Marigene said...

God to hear that your mother is doing better. Hope she can leave rehab soon and get back to her own routine.
Such a lovely Valentine table. The plates are so pretty, the new wine stems go perfectly with them.
Happy Valentine's Day, Christine!

Jeannie Marie said...

It was good to hear that your momis on the mend and well enough that you could return home. It's very cold in Illinois right now! The table setting is beautiful as well as the tea setting. I hope your daughter does come to dinner and celebrate with you. I am having dinner with my mom also today. We are going to brave the crowds and try to dine at a restaurant.

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Hi Christine! I see I have quite a bit of catching up to do with you. For one thing you have moved. Love hearing that your daughter lives near you too, that's wonderful. Your setting is as gorgeous as always. Happy Valentines day!

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

Hi, sweet Christine! So glad to hear your mom is feeling better, that is scary! The Spode is so sweet, and love, love your Llardro, I have always been a fan. I hope you enjoy today, have a Happy Valentine's! I looks like you have settled in, that must be such a relief. Enjoy!

bj said...

I adore your lighter decorating and table setting. Just beautiful.
Hope today was special for you.
xoxo

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

This is a sweet and cute Valentine's table! Good to know you mom is on the road to recovery. It does take time to fully get over pneumonia. I hope you had a nice Valentine's Day!

SmilingSally said...

Hi Christine,

I love that tablecloth too. The setting is lovely, and the blue just pops. Thanks for sharing.

Have a Happy Blue Monday!

Vel Criste said...

Perfect as always Christine! Hope you had a wonderful Valentines!

JLS Hall said...

What a gorgeous table setting! Love the Lladro centerpiece and all the lace. Wish I had your "tablescape talent".

Hope you had a beautiful Valentine's Day.
Happy Blue Monday!

~ Joy @ joysweb

Sandra Lee said...

Thanks for sharing at Celebrate Your Story and I hope your mom has a speedy recovery. Beautiful table!

Beth in NEPA said...

I am happy to hear your mother is doing better. Love your tablescape as usual! I have a few Lladro figurines. I should use them as part of a centerpiece sometime. Don't know why I never thought of it. Thanks for sharing.

joyh82 said...

Your Tablescape looks very romantic and I love the red glassware!
Joy @ Books and Life

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

So glad your mother is doing better, Christine! Your tablescape is lovely and the dancing couple is perfect as the centrepiece! The china is so pretty and the goblets as well. Your Spode tea set is a delight and makes me think of springtime which I am anxiously awaiting to arrive. A romantic setting for your family to enjoy! Thank you for sharing and have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Bernideen said...

Dear Christine:
When our loved ones are well - we aren't well either. Glad to hear good news. Your table and collage is lovely! I love all the red you used! Hope you are coming by the link!

LV said...

You definitely made your Valentine day very special.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a pretty table, Christine! I so love that gorgeous tablecloth that you found. How nice that your daughter lives next door!

Margie said...

I'm glad to hear that your mom is on the road to recovery.

Your Valentine tablescape is lovely! I'm loving Spode's Emma's Garland pattern!

The French Hutch said...

Hi Christine, You always share such lovely tablescapes using your amazing collection of china. Good decision to bring home the tablecloth, so unusual with the lace. So glad your mom is better. It's always hard when we don't live nearby, glad you were able to stay with her longer.
Have a nice week…….

Annesphamily said...

Christine, this is so beautiful! Love each and every detail here. I am a tea fanatic so it makes me smile. Enjoy your week and thanks for sharing.

Annesphamily said...

Christine, I will also continue to pray for your mom. Take care.

Storypiece said...

Hope your mom starts feeling better soon.

Love those napkin rings from Pier One! Thanks for sharing at the Celebrate Your Story Link Up Party!

Rosie M. said...

Such a beautiful, romantic table. I love your plates and your choice of centerpiece pieces. I'm glad your Mom is doing better. Many thanks for taking the time to share such a pretty space. Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

Crystal Grandeur said...


Lovely setting Christine. Love all the gorgeous things you used on the table to bring the mood of V-day. Happy to know your mom is feeling better. Have a lovely morning. Hugs Sujatha:)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Christine, I will be featuring your post at No Place Like Home on Monday. Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday