Friday, August 19, 2016

Dinner with Friends We've Known Since Waukegan Days

We used to live in Waukegan, IL. While there for my mom's 98th birthday celebration, I found out that a friend from there, Vicky,  is visiting our hometown in FL. Her daughter and family moved here 12 years ago but only found out about it last year when Vicky visited.
 Luckily, she had an extended stay so we were still able to see each other after we returned home. We invited them to join us for dinner. My daughter Tina and her daughter Rosanna have met when they were practically babies so it was so nice to see them see each other again and try to reminisce what they remember.
 
I set the dining table using French Limoges  dinnerware by Wm Guerin & Co.
 
The place card holders are Bavarian Tirschenreuth.
I only had 6 of the Tirschenreuth place card holders so I used Southern Living at Home Pavilion holders for the ends of the table. I also used a tureen of the same pattern to serve rice.





 
Bavarian Tea set in "Briar Rose" pattern by Schumann Arzberg.
 
 
 I bought these silk flowers while vacationing in Park City, UT, in an Indian Museum store. Don't they look so real? I kept my centerpiece small and simple because I knew I would need room for the food.
 I just placed a taper candle on a putti holder, a vase adorned with flowers where I placed the silk flowers and a bird on a pedestal.

 This is where I served my chicken tinola soup.


We had herbed salmon, Thai shrimp toast, chicken tinola and Filipino beef steak we call "Bistek", macaroni salad and rice.
 We had papaya loaf and cherry cheese cake for dessert which I forgot to take pictures of.
 And here are pictures of my lovely guests while we were chatting after dinner. Our German friend, Stephanie and daughter Isabel, who live here transiently also joined us. Shown here clockwise is Vicky, my daughter Tina, John, Stephanie, Rosanna(Vicky's daughter) and her hubby, Mike.
 Tina's hubby Scott is not in any of the pictures because he was nice enough to watch all the kids who were swimming. John took over his place after a while.
Thank you so much for joining us and for the wonderful evening!
 
And thanks to all for your visit and to the hostesses for the following memes I am linking with.
 

 Share it One More Time
Anything Goes" Pink Saturday
Jeanne's Blue Monday
Christine's Dishing It and Digging It
Cindy's Amaze me Monday
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
Chloe's Celebrate it Monday
Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden Blog Party!
Tweak it Tuesday
Julie's Talk of the Town Tuesday
Tuesday's The Scoop
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Show and Share
Sarah's Classical Homemaking party
Home Matters
Thoughts of Home Thursday
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
Tablescape Thursday
Share your Style Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Kathryn's Anything Blue Friday
Kate's Flaunt it Friday
Courtney's Feathered Nest Friday
Foodie Fri and Everything Else

 

16 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...


The table with that china is glorious Christine ! The food as always looks great and yummy. I love the tureen and the pieces in your centerpiece. They all look like they're having a great time your family and friends !
FABBY

janice15 said...

Your table and china is just beautiful.. Very nice. Happy Friday. With love Janice

bj said...

Hi, Christine...as always, your table and tableware is out of this world pretty. So glad you got to spend time with your friends....hope all your grands are doing good.

The Stonybrook House said...

Looks like a beautiful get together! Thanks so much for sharing and linking up at Dishing It & Digging It! We love seeing your projects each week! :)

Blessings,
Lori

Sarah said...

Beautiful table, Christine. You continue to entertain with great style. I know your guests feel special sitting down to a meal at your home.

LV said...

You are so fortunate. Have a gorgeous home and wonderful family.

Linda said...

Herbed salmon? I absolutely love salmon, Christine! And the tablescape is gorgeous and elegant!

Jeanne said...

Hello Christine, It is so nice that you met up with your friend again. Your dinner for her is stunning in every way. Beautiful dinnerware and lovely on your table. The centerpiece is perfectly and simply put together. The silk flowers do look so real. Nice find. Everyone at the table shows that they enjoyed your elaborate meal.

Thank you for joining Blue Monday and have a great week.
xo,
Jeanne

Bernideen said...

Dear Christine:

What a beautiful table setting once again. I think you are a fabulous chef too. Sounds delicious. Your dishes are wonderful and your friends all look elegant!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Christine, such a lovely dinner! Casual meals are fun, too; but every once in a while an event like this makes everyone feel special!

Creations By Cindy said...

What beautiful china Christine. I love the tablescape. Ooh...the name place holders are adorable. Girl...you make everything so pretty and delightful. You are an awesome hostess! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Summer said...

The table setting is beautiful ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Thelma said...

Beautiful elegant table setting and the foods looks delicious, especially the salmon. I am visiting from Between Naps On the Porch.

Catherine said...

Your table is beautiful Christine!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

That is a gorgeous table, love your ceramic place card holders!

Curtains in My Tree said...


Your table is beautiful and love the candle holder.
That food looks and is described so nicely,I know it was delicious. You always set a beautiful table and it's fun to see your china

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday