Friday, August 26, 2016

Feathered Friends and Fruits

I thought I would create a transitional table since it is getting somewhat cooler outside. And I always love the color of Fall.

I already had the pomegranate inside the cloche as my centerpiece so I just continued using it. Then I placed my rooster tablecloth. I think I bought it from Williams Sonoma years ago but this is the first time I've ever used it. Then, I remember seeing my tin fruit plate chargers that I saw in the garage while organizing there. They are the perfect color so I used them too. I got them on Ebay way back before I was even blogging.

I decided to use my Palftzgraff white dinner and salad plates in "Confetti" pattern to add a lighter color since it is not really Fall yet. Then I topped the setting with a bowl with peacocks
Since I decided to title my post "Feathered Friends and Fruits", my apples and strawberries S&P shakers would blend right in.


I have amber stems stored somewhere but could not find them so I used this set since they were stored in a cabinet inside the house and were readily available.
I added chickens in my centerpiece.
and rooster tea light holders and a vase a friend from Natchez gave me and placed fall colored leaves and flowers in it.
I have that little cute peacock another friend gave me from my Natchez days.
The orange flatware my son and daughter in law gave me one Christmas, looks right at home on this table.


Oh, I also found a little parrot lidded dish in the buffet table drawer and just added that to the table.








My napkin rings are various white feathered birds.
And I love using this tea set between summer and Fall.

Thank you so much for the visit! My feathered friends thank you too.

I appreciate all the hostesses of the memes that I enjoy linking with. Thank you so much!

Share it One More Time
http://designthusiasm.com/
Anything Goes" Pink Saturday
Sandi's No Place Like Home
Christine's Dishing It and Digging It
Cindy's Amaze me Monday
http://www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com/
Jeanne's Blue Monday
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
http://www.thededicatedhouse.com
Chloe's Celebrate it Monday
Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden Blog Party!
Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Julie's Talk of the Town Tuesday
Tuesday's The Scoop
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Show and Share
Sarah's Classical Homemaking party
Tablescape Thursday
Home Matters
Thoughts of Home Thursday
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
Tablescape Thursday
Share your Style Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Kathryn's Anything Blue Friday
Kate's Flaunt it Friday
Courtney's Feathered Nest Friday
Foodie Fri and Everything Else
http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/

22 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...


Oh Christine, this is such a lovely and fun table. I specially love your collection of roosters and everything else too.
Perfect for a Summer-Fall transition.
Great job!
FABBY

janice15 said...

Christine everything looks wonderful. Love the rooster table cloth and the rootbeer color flaware. Sweet little apple and strawberry shakers. They afe so cuteeverything is just beautuful.. Thank you fir sharing. Happy weekend with love Janice

Summer said...

The table looks gorgeous, Christine! I love the colours ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

designchic said...

So pretty and perfect for fall! Happy weekend!

Nonnie said...

What a beautiful table and such lovely things. That teapot is especially pretty and love those napkin rings. Table looks fit for a king!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Christine, I'm not quite ready for Fall yet as we have had very little summer but your table is really creative and fun. Love the tea set and napkin holders. The rooster table cloth is wonderful too. You always set such a delightful table and thank you for sharing it with us

Blessings,
Sandi

Doodle T said...

What a lovely table setting, Christine. Such a fun place for a special meal. Wonderful Ideas. Thanks for sharing. So Glad I found you. :)

Margie said...

You always create loveliest tablescapes, Christine! Your feathered friends and fruit china blend together beautifully!

Jeanne said...

Hi Christine, I am more that ready for Fall and your beautiful table setting gave me so much pleasure to view today. Your very clever treasures such as the chickens and your sweet napkin holders with your lovely dishes are perfect together. the centerpiece is very pretty as well. All I can say is "perfect'

Thank you for joining Blue Monday.

xo, Jeanne

Rosie M. said...

Great, colorful table for fall!!! Thanks for sharing all your "goodies"! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

The Stonybrook House said...

What a fun table setting. I'm in love with your adorable salt & pepper shakers! Thank you for sharing and linking up at Dishing It & Digging It! We enjoy your creativity each week! :)

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Christine, your table is gorgeous. I have those dishes...peacocks. Gotta love our feathered friends and your fruit dishes. have a great week.

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Loving this table Christine, those peacock dishes are gorgeous.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Christine,
This is a stunning tablescape!! I love the deep rich warm colors!! The tea set at the your of this lovely post is gorgeous!! Thanks so much for sharing and thanks for taking the time to stop by!!

Hugs,
Debbie

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

You always set such pretty tables, Christine. I can see that you're transitioning into Fall. I love the tablecloth, your roosters and the cloche filled with pomegranates. The flatware is such a pretty color and perfect for your table. Who wouldn't love to be a guest in your home?

Creations By Cindy said...

Awe...simply beautiful Christine. Love the color scheme! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Sandra Lee said...

How timely, I've been looking for transistional tables. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Celebrate Your Story!

Pam Richardson said...

Christine, such a beautiful table with a definite nod to autumn! I have that same stemware and I love using it! Wishing you a wonderful finish to your week! Pam @ Everyday Living

Bernideen said...

Dear Christine:
Your table is totally INSPIRING as we move into September and fall. Everything about it is beautiful! Thanks for sharing and linking!

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Good Morning Christine,
Fabulous table with a beautiful way to usher the essence of a Fall into your home.
Love the table cloth and all of the details of the season!
Lovely to have you join us at Thoughts Of Home On Thursday,
Jemma

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Christine, it's such a pretty table! Thanks for sharing. You are one of the features at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's bash. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2016/09/make-pretty-monday-week-191.html Happy week to you! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Vel Criste said...

Beautiful farm-feel to your table Christine!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday