Monday, October 17, 2016

A Fun Back Porch Tea Party with Grandkids, 10-15-2016

My daughter and son in law had to go somewhere so they left the kids with me. In case some of you do not know, they live right next door.
 And of course, a tea party is always the treat they request for and as a doting grandma, I gladly agreed.

 I thought I would use my Tracy Porter "Artesian tea set", for its color since it is Fall. I love the peacocks on the finials.
 They were excited to try that long colorful marshmallow in a skewer that I found in Homegoods.
 And I took out some macarons too. I buy boxes from Trader's Joe and I freeze them for moments like this.



 The kids helped me set the table. Brendan suggested we use the spider napkins since it is Halloween season.

 As you can see, they were really having so much fun, lol. It is such a joy to see them so happy.
 My little Reese really enjoyed the tea. I cannot believe she had 4 cups. The flavor was Whittard of Chelsea's cranberries and raspberries. Whittard of Chelsea's instant teas are my favorite. I ordered a few cans all the way from England. I can get them on line here in US from Annie's Tea Time, but Whittard of Chelsea in London were having a buy 2, get 1 free sale. Even with the shipping charges added, they still came out cheaper, so I really stacked up.


 The boys like to make faces, lol.
 She never forgets how to hold her tea cup so daintily, from the very first time I taught her.

Thank you for stopping by. I always enjoy reading your comments. Thanks to all the hostesses!


Christine's Dishing It and Digging It
Cindy's Amaze me Monday
http://www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com/
Jeanne's Blue Monday
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
http://www.thededicatedhouse.com
Chloe's Celebrate it Monday
Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Julie's Talk of the Town Tuesday
Tuesday's The Scoop
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Show and Share
Tablescape Thursday
Home Matters
Thoughts of Home Thursday
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
Tablescape Thursday
Share your Style Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Bernideen's Friends Sharing Tea
Kathryn's Anything Blue Friday
Kate's Flaunt it Friday
Foodie Fri and Everything Else
http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/


5 comments:

LV said...

You really gave these precious children a royal tea party. You have so many pretty things that makes it more impressive even for a child.

joyh82 said...

Adorable kiddos and I love love love the tea set :)
Joy @ Books and Life

Jeanne said...

Heello Christine, You are a very sweet grandma with lots of patience. Smile. Your teaset is gorgeous, the children adorable and the marshmallows and macarons look delicious. All the photos are so sweet as well.

Happy Blue Monday and have a great week.
Hugs,
Jeanne

candlelightsupper said...

What an amazing post! Charming especially with the children, but the tea party would be amazing. Love the colors on your table.

Vanessa said...

How adorable are those kiddos. To cute and I want those yummy marshmallows too. Thank you for linking up at Dishing it and Digging It link party. It's great having you.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday