Sunday, December 4, 2016

VB "Toys Delight" Plates, Plaid and McKenzie Childs Accessories, First Christmas, 2016 Table

After I finished decorating the house for Christmas, I thought it wasn't complete without a holiday tablescape so here is my first one for the year.
 I started with a Mac Kenzie Childs table runner.
 I already had this centerpiece so I thought I would use it. And since the runner has plaid in it, I decided to use my plaid plate chargers from Williams Sonoma.

 Plaid dinner plates and topped with Villeroy & Boch's Toy's Delight salad plates. I have V & B's matching dinner plates too but I like to mix and match so I did not use them this time.



 I love this crystal stemware I bought from TJ Maxx a long, long time ago.

 I love the ruffled edges of the salad plates.


The red flatware set was an inexpensive buy from Target from way back.
 I think the little people in front of the church are so cute.
 I just bought this little bonnet S & P shaker from a church Christmas bazaar while I was in Illinois a few weeks ago. It was so cheap. I think I paid either 50 or 75 cents.
 

 The napkin rings are MacKenzie Childs. Can you read the little brass tags? I bought them on sale after Christmas last year.
 I just found these reindeers after opening a box that was just moved from Natchez.
 and so with these "JOY" angels holding tapered candles. behind them is one of my favorite Lladro figures, the lady with a jug (not really sure if that is the official name).

 
Spode Tree tea set

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you are all enjoying this Christmas season and all the other holidays coming ahead.
 
Thanks to the following hostesses!
 
Christine's Dishing It and Digging It
http://www.rustic-refined.com/
Jeanne's Blue Monday
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
Chloe's Celebrate it Monday
 
Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Julie's Talk of the Town Tuesday
Tuesday's The Scoop
Show and Share
Home Matters
Thoughts of Home Thursday
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
Tablescape Thursday
Share your Style Thursday
 
Share Your Cup Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop

Bernideen's Friends Sharing Tea, Friday
Kate's Flaunt it Friday
Foodie Fri and Everything Else
Anything Goes" Pink Saturday

16 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...


I love the MC runner Chris, it's perfect for setting your gorgeous dishes and the stock is simply fabulous; therefore, your table for C'mas is awesome !!
I hope you get a chance to visit my reveal of the guest rooms Part I... although I need to hang some artwork and an antique mirror from my Mil. I just posted the bathroom and walking closet as part I too.
I bet you're all ready for the Holidays with your little neighbors, lol..
FABBY

Marigene said...

Beautiful Christmas table! I love all the slightly different tartans you have paired on the table, Christine.
Happy holidays!

joyh82 said...

Beautiful! Love the christmas tea set and the beautiful tablescape and holiday dishes!
Joy @ Books and Life

Bernideen said...

Dear Christine:
I see another smashingly wonderful table set by you. Your holiday table is really lovely and guests will love each detail! Thank you for sharing!

Jeanne said...

Hi Christine. Your table setting is inspiring. Love the runner and the lovely dishes. You can't go wrong with MC. Beautiful in every way..
Happy Blue Monday.
Hugs,
Jeanne

Sandra said...

I've been hesitant to use a variety of plaids, but the ones you chose work well in combination. The napkin rings are such fun!
Sandra @ Dinner at Eight

Margie said...

What a festive table, Christine! I've always been a fan of Spode's Christmas Tree Design. I have the teapot and would love to own the teacups and saucers.

Jacqueline said...

Oh I drooled over those ruffled plates at the store last year! They are just stunning. You always have the most beautiful plates. What a fun table, and yes, it seems that the time just flew this year!

Traci said...

I'm playing catch up. The table is just beautiful as usual.

candlelightsupper said...

An amazing and festive tablescape. Your dishes are so lovely and coordinated perfectly. I love those napkin rings. The whole surrounding area is so happy and festive, just perfect for Christmas.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Christine, I especially like those plaid pieces. A beautiful change of pace any time of year!

Sandra Lee said...

I am a huge plaid fan and this table is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, have a great weekend.

bj said...

ooo, everything looks fantastic...i've wondered how many plate sets you have..a bunch..lol...i have the same red Target flatware..and love it. They can't go in the dishwasher, tho, or the silver turns brassy....I had to buy another set last year..

Rettabug said...

Oh Christine...I've missed seeing all your lovely treasures!!! (been kinda down in the dumps since Ern died). I love this profusion of plaid & I covet those beautiful crystal stems! I own that same red handled flatware from Target...it looks great with all your pretties!
I especially LOVE that Spode teapot!!!!! I have some Spode but not that. I think I have to go shopping!

Hoping you have a wonderfully Happy & Healthy Holiday Season! Merry Christmas!!!

Creations By Cindy said...

Everything is lovely Christine. So festive, Merry and bright. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

gorgeous table Christine. I have always admired those beautiful plates. You have so many beautiful accessories to make any table gorgeous. So festive and beautiful. Merry Christmas.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday