Saturday, March 25, 2017

An Early Easter Table, 2017

 
John and I just got back from a 2 month trip to the Philippines with side trips to Vietnam and Thailand and I am having an major jet lag issue. The time difference is 12 hours so I think it will take time for me to adjust. I woke up so early again and instead of counting sheep in bed, I decided to get up and be productive. I set an Easter table on the small dining table by the kitchen. You can tell that the sun is just beginning to rise.




Sheer embroidered pink tablecloth. It was too sheer that the brown table was showing through so I added a plain white lining underneath

 
I followed the table topper with some nest plate chargers, and then added the dinner plates by Spode in "Emma's Garland" pattern.
I dug out the Bordallo Pinheiro bunny salad plates from the garage. Luckily, I knew exactly where they were because I have seen them when I was organizing there.

Pulled out some green handled flatware to blend with the table.

For the centerpiece, I mixed a bunch of bunnies, small wooden flower pots and a real lavender plant all placed in a white wicker tray,and then added a green taper candle holder with a candle.
Bunny salt and pepper shakers
The goblets were handmade in Italy by Crystalleria Fumo.
Cast iron bunny name place holders and ceramic bunny napkin holders
And there is my place setting!

 
 
 
I set the kitchen counter bar for the 3 grand kids for dinner tonight.

 
 
These milk glasses are the kids' favorite to use for their drinks. They call them cowie glasses.


 
I could not find my Bordallo Pinheiro bunny tea set so I used Spode's Emma's Garland, which matches the dinner plates. I like that they are so springy too.






Since I had taken down my Easter decor bins from the garage, I decided to create various bunny vignettes around the kitchen.
On the kitchen island.


 
Thank you so much for stopping by. I am missing you all cause I have not blogged for almost 2 months. We have been so busy travelling.
 
I would like to link with the following memes. Thank you for these awesome parties!
 
 
  Anything Goes" Pink Saturday

Christine's Dishing It and Digging It

 

Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday


Chloe's Celebrate it Monday

Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden Blog Party!


Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea


Julie's Talk of the Town Tuesday


Tuesday's The Scoop
 
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday


Show and Share

Tablescape Thursday


Home Matters


Thoughts of Home Thursday
 

Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday


Tablescape Thursday
 
 
Share your Style Thursday


Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop


Kathryn's Anything Blue Friday


Kate's Flaunt it Friday


Foodie Fri and Everything Else


 


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every detail SO pretty.
Happy pinks.
PS Missing from bogland due to traveling is always a good thing. ;)
xo

Rebecca said...

Everything is so beautiful! I especially love the green bunny plates!!

Happy Pink Saturday and Chippy White Cottage Blessings,
Rebecca

Terra said...

Welcome back to blogland after your travels. I love seeing your latest tablescapes, and all the cute ceramic bunnies.

Vel Criste said...

Love the greens on your table Christine!

Margie said...

Welcome back, Christine! Somebunny loves your pretty Easter table setting!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that you're home safely from your long trip. Your table setting is so pretty for spring and Easter. I love the tall candle in the middle along with the bunnies and the plant. The table looks very inviting.

Creations By Cindy said...

Christine, so glad you are safely back from your trip. I am sure you are tired. But I do love all of your Easter. I love that silverware too and the little bunny plates! You always do an amazing job. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Lulu said...

You have touches of Easter all around which makes for so much eye candy. I thoroughly enjoyed browsing.

Crystal Grandeur said...

Lovely to see you back Christine. Hope you had a wonderful trip. Your table is just awesome. love your collections as usual. Love Sujatha:)

Sandra Lee said...

Welcome back and your table is very pretty. The green plates are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, and I hope you’re having a great weekend.

Bernideen said...

Oh Christine - you have gotten so much done and we are all still sleeping. You really went on a trip around the world and so glad you are homely safely. You table looks smashingly beautiful as always. You have a real gift for tablescapes for sure! Thanks for linking and sharing.

Angelina at Petite Haus said...

This is such a pretty table. I have those plates and love them! Thanks for sharing with Thursday Favorite Things!

Emily said...

Your table looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing this at #HomeMattersParty

janice15 said...

Welcome back hope you adjust soon. I love those chargers and green bunny plates so cute and I love your tea set very pretty. Have a great rest of the week with love Janice

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a trip, Christine, and now you're ready to show us all your pretty dishes and vignettes. Your table and even the counter look so lovely in Easter decor. I'm sure that your family is happy that you're home.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Welcome back Christine! That sounds like one heck of a big trip. Hey if you can't sleep then be productive! Love your early Easter tablescape. The Spode dishes are so pretty and colorful! I can just imagine the kids sitting at the bar and calling their drinks "cowies"- cute! I hope by now you've caught up from the jet lag and are feeling energized again!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday