Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Americana Tablescape for Dinner Tonight

It seems like eons ago since I tablescaped. DH and I just came from a 2 week trip in the Canary Islands, Gibraltar and Rome and I am just getting over my jetlag.

Anyway, since Memorial Day is coming soon, I was in the mood to create an Americana tablescape. These dinner set finally made it here after the last trailer of our belongings from Natchez were delivered. My sister, Fe gave them to me many years ago and after using them once, I stored them in the attic and had forgotten about them until I saw them again with the last delivery.

 It's nice and cool outside so I thought we would eat on the back deck. I cooked Cajun shrimp, baked asparagus, rice and made some fruit salad.


The plates look so patriotic that I did not want to cover them with salad plates or bowls.  I set the bowls for the fruit salad on the buffet instead.

 Cajun butterfly shrimp
 Iced tea in a Mexican glass pitcher is ready to be served.
I bought the stars and stripes glasses on clearance from the Christmas Tree Shops on line and bought them. I just realized now how they perfectly matched the plates.



 Bike napkin rings













 I did not serve hot tea but this Polish pottery set would have been my choice again if I did.

Thanks to all for stopping by and thanks to the hostesses too for the fun parties I am linking with.

 Anything Goes" Pink Saturday
Christine's Dishing It and Digging It
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
Chloe's Celebrate it Monday
Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden Blog Party!
Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Julie's Talk of the Town Tuesday
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Show and Share
Tablescape Thursday
Home Matters
http://lifewithlorelai.com/
Share Your Cup Thursday
http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
Tablescape Thursday
Share your Style Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Kate's Flaunt it Friday
Foodie Fri and Everything Else

8 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

Christine, I am loving your Americana tablescape.
Those bike napkins rings are the cutest ever. You always have the neatest things for your tablescapes. I hope that your trip was good. So wonderful that you get to travel. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Christine,
Love your beautiful patriotic table...........So perfect and know anyone who sits there will have to enjoy every minute of it........Sounds like a great menu as well. Those lil bicycle napkin holders are adorable, love them.
Enjoy your Memorial Day and hope I get to hear about your trip.
Blessings, Nellie

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Christine, always a pleasure to see your lovely tablescapes. This table is fabulous from the dishware to the darling bicycle napkin rings. T he menu sounds fantastic. What a great way to celebrate this national holiday. Thank you for sharing your lovely table at DI&DI. Happy Memorial Day.

Margie said...

Your patriotic table is a great Memorial Day tribute. I'm salivating over those scrumptious Cajun shrimps! YUM!

Poppy said...

Beautiful, in red white and blue, Christine; you are a tablescape queen! I especially like the wiry bicycles - so dainty and delightful! Your dishes all look delicious!

Happy Thursday,
Poppy

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

What a great find! Your table looked so perfect and patriotic. You always present so many quality food dishes. Your vacation must have been wonderful! Did you sell the house in Natchez?

FABBY'S LIVING said...


Hello Christine!
It's been a long time since a posted and was in blogland as we were in Madrid visiting our dear Alexandra and we traveled half of Spain so I didn't have time.
I loved your patriotic table and of course, ALL your dishes I saw at Make it Pretty Monday featured.
The food looks wonderful too, as usual. Me, I'm on a diet now, trips have that peculiarity of making us gain some extra pounds, lol..
Hugs,
FABBY

Kathryn Griffin said...

Such a great tablescape! Thanks for sharing! You are one of the features at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here's the link to this week's bash. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2017/06/make-pretty-monday-week-216.html Hope you have a lovely week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday