Saturday, July 8, 2017

It is not "Gone with the Wind" Yet!

I was watching TV and all of a sudden, I thought about creating a Southern tablescape using my Limoges Trillium set. I always thought the flower on it is similar to a magnolia, so for now, please humor me cause I am pretending they are, lol. I looked all over the garage for these and luckily after searching for half a day, I found them, Yay! Yes, I am still unpacking from our move.


My Scarrlett O'Hara figurines.
Gone with the Wind is one of my very favorite movies. I could watch it over and over again. Remember those outfits?
Porcelain Meissen figurines


Silver plated flatware in "Baroque" pattern that I did not get to polish.


I have 2 different patterns of dinner plates in this pattern, the one rimmed in gold and the other in green and gold. I have had this set for years but never used them till now. Even John commented to that effect.



I love magnolias. They are so fragrant and their large size makes a statement.




I used a teapot for the color and I cannot remember if I have a matching sugar and creamer set, probably still in the garage bins. But this Southern Living at Home creamer and sugar server set will do for now.
The teacups and saucers are part of the Limoges "Trillium" set

The teapot is made by 222 Fifth in Adelaide pattern.
Thank you so much for stopping by and thanks so much to all the hostesses!
Anything Goes" Pink Saturday
Christine's Dishing It and Digging It
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
Chloe's Celebrate it Monday
Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden Blog Party!
Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Julie's Talk of the Town Tuesday
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Show and Share
Share Your Cup
Tablescape Thursday
Home Matters
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
Tablescape Thursday
Share your Style Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Kate's Flaunt it Friday
Foodie Fri and Everything Else


20 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...


Christine I so love that china, it's so elegant and yet low profile.
Pretty table you created specially with those pretty ladies from Gone with the Wins... and yes, I've watch it so many times I can't count anymore.
Enjoy your weekend.

FABBY
PS: My daughter Alexandra has those pretty pierced chargers.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

So elegant!! Absolutely stunning!! Thanks so much for
stopping by!
Hugs,
Deb

xinex said...

Thanks, Debbie!

xinex said...

Thanks, Fabby! Love your daughter's chargers too.

My thrift store addiction said...

How lovely!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Christine,
Really like your gone with the wind southern tablescape. I thought those were Magnolia plates when I saw them, would
have never known had you not said they weren't. Like your lil southern girls too. Very pretty table hon,
Blessings, Nellie

Louca por porcelana said...

What an exquisite porcelain!!!LOVED all your pieces!Beautiful tablescape and gorgeous flowers!

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

Such an elegant setting, Christine!

Crystal Grandeur said...

What a beautiful collection of beautiful Porcelain. Warm and inviting. Have a beautiful day Christine. Love Sujatha:)

Two Cottages and Tea said...

So lovely! Trillium grow wild here in the spring and I always look forward to seeing them in the woods. Your trillium dishes are so beautiful! Lovely teapot, too!

Bernideen said...

Dear Christine:
I always love seeing your magnificent table settings. I especially love the plates and your silver plate is so lovely. Your teapot is awesome! Great job and such a talent you have! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Wow!! Amazing This is very pretty and nice collection beautiful porcelain. Thanks a lot for updating this post.
Golden Triangle Tour Packages

Margie said...

What a pretty tablescape. I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never watched "Gone with the Wind". Clearly, I need to remedy that!

Pam Richardson said...

Christine, what a beautiful Tablescape. I love the Gone With the Wind Scarlett's and the Meissen! His has such a pretty Southern feel!

RachelD said...

Oh, Christine!

How very charming and lovely! The colours and all the arrangements (and of course, the "Magnolia" theme)---simply wonderful.

I've missed dropping in on a lot of my "Beautifuls" and am so glad to see you so well and enjoying all the elegance and beauty of a tea party.

rachel

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

I love the theme you chose and the inspiration behind it! I do love the movie too. Those figurines and the dishes are so pretty- perfect southern flair!

http://www.tajuniversaltrip.com/ said...


Wow!! This is very nice amazing collection. Thank you so much Updating Post.

Taj Mahal Tour Packages

http://www.tajuniversaltrip.com/ said...

Wow!!! This is very nice tables cap .That is very interesting garden images is so wonderful .thank you so much .
Taj Mahal Tour Packages

Maristela Guilherme said...

Que mesa linda.
Decoração maravilhosa.
bjs

Unknown said...

Wow!! So Many wonderful blogger. This is very informative and useful post.
India Tour Packages
Adventures Trips to India
Indian Holidays 2017

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday