Monday, August 14, 2017

Welcoming our German Neighbors! Happy Birthday, Christoph!

We have German neighbors who own the house right next to my daughter and family's home, who is right next to us. They come here a few months every year. We also have another family of German friends who retired and relocated permanently who just moved from Illinois. They own a home here so even when they were still working, they used to spend vacations here every year and we got to know them very well. We decided to have a get together dinner at the house.

Before I go on, I would like to thank the hosts of Dishing and Digging it, for featuring my last tablescape prior to this. I am truly humbled and honored.

Now, on to this post.
I prepared mostly Filipino food that they have become accustomed to over the years,  plus a Hungarian goulash.


I am excited about an upcoming trip to Meissen, Germany so I used our Meissen German figures and added them to the centerpiece. I eventually
had to take them out when I added the food because there wasn't enough space on the table.


We are also going to Dresden in the future so I added our Dresden candle holder.


For the china, I opted for my Johann Haviland Bavarian china in "Brown Rose" pattern, also German.


The napkin rings are also Meissen's. The flatware set is American though, silver plated by Wm. Rogers and Sons.



Another reason to celebrate was Christoph's coming birthday. He is going back to Germany before that to take care of their business, so we celebrated early.
Advance Happy Birthday, Christoph!!



A close up of some of the food. You will see the desserts next to Christoph above. Close up of desserts coming soon.


It is amazing how these kids only see each other a few months a year but they have gotten so close to one another and they get along so well. They are like brothers and sisters.

I set a table on the breakfast table for the kids.




I used unbreakable plates and I love the inspirational sayings on them.



As I was setting the table, I looked around the family room and spotted these piano babies and added them to the centerpiece. I also used a funky fun looking vase to add flowers to.


Kids love bunnies, don't they? Therefore, I used bunny name plate holders and napkin rings for their table, even though it is not Easter.




Desserts: leche flan, cassava bibingka, fruit salad, pecan bars and Stephanie, Todd ans Isabel brought the most yummy macarons.
I made some Whittard of Chelsea lychee mango tea that we, including the kids, all love. I couldn't believe My 5 year old granddaughter Reese had 4 cups. My daughter had to refill the pot.


The tea set is also in the same Johann Haviland "Brown Rose" set.
Here is also a salute to National Afternoon Tea Week. Join the party at Bernideen's 






My happy guests: Todd and Christoph


More happy guests photos, clockwise from the
top: Stephanie, Todd,  Tina, Natascha and Scott




Thank you guys, for coming over. It is always a lot of fun having you over.

Thanks to all for visiting and to all the hosts of parties that I am linking to. Your hard work is always appreciated.

Christine's Dishing It and Digging It
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
Chloe's Celebrate it Monday
Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden Blog Party!
Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Show and Share
Home Matters
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
Tablescape Thursday
Share your Style Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Kate's Flaunt it Friday
Foodie Fri and Everything Else
Anything Goes" Pink Saturday

22 comments:

Pam Richardson said...

What a lovely welcome and birthday! Celebrating with your table dressed with Havilland, Meissen, and Dresden is pure elegance! The food and desserts look delicious'

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

O MY!!
Now who would not want to come over to your beautiful home. Christine, to have you entertain them!! I have not seen that particular pattern of dishes before and it is simply stunning!! I am sure your guests appreciated all the thought that went in to your tablescape!I especially love the pieces made in Germany!! And the food looks scrumptious!!!
Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Maria Elena said...

What a wonderful get together! Love, love your table. xxx Maria

Creations By Cindy said...

WOW! Christine you know just how to welcome the neighbor too. How sweet and thoughtful of you. But, there is no doubt in my mind at all at what a great hostess you are. Beautiful settings. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Sylvia said...

Christine, What a wonderful time of hospitality. I love the glass pineapples and the colourful unbreakable plates. Thanks for sharing and have a great week. Sylvia D.

Tea in Texas said...

A great way to enjoy friends and family your home. Your beautiful Haviland brown china is is a great choice to use. The tea set is so pretty and your granddaughter drinking 4 cups is precious. Hope you will come over to my post of Seashore tea time.
Have a wonderful week!
Pam

Mel@IronstoneCottage said...

The dishes are beautiful, and the hospitality even moreso!

Louca por porcelana said...

I really loved everything!Your tablescape is wonderful in each detail: exquisite porcelain,fabulous figurines,linens,glasses,...The table for children is also beautiful,love the bunnies!The food looks so delicious!I can realize your friendship in all you did...Sorry for my english!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a wonderful time must have had by everyone, Christine. Your tables and all the food looked wonderful. I have one of those lady vases, and I just love her. I wish I could taste that tea that you all love!

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Oh how nice that you hosted a birthday party for your friends. The table looks so nice and perfect for the party. The children's table is cute with the piano figures and whimsical vase.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh Christine, what an amazing get together you hosted and created as usual, a gorgeous table with all your Masson things. I love all that Philippine food you cooked, wish I had some, lol..
Fabby

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Christine, I need to move into your neighborhood! You'd soon notice a pattern - "Hmm, every single time Jean drops by for any reason, it's always at meal time!"

Karen said...

Hi Christine,
Wow! So much to look at in your gorgeous home! I love your sideboard in your kitchen - it caught my eye. Your table settings are beautiful today! You are a fabulous neighbour. Blessings, Karen

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

So nice Christine! I'm sure they love your beautiful tables but even more the Fillipino food and your being a such a gracious hostess!

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

Beautiful tea, Christine, I will be pinning that one, it's so gorgeous!! I also really adore those plates at the kids' table. I am a music fanatic, I love the lyrics on the plates, so cute! It looks like you all had such fun!

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Looks lovely.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

You really went all out Christine, I bet they appreciated it so much! The menu sounds delicious and the table looks wonderful. Your upcoming trips sound fabulous! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Bernideen said...

I love your home Christine as it is so warm and inviting. I am always amazed at your pretty tables and your gourmet meals - the food looks so delicious! What a great family celebration and I know everyone loves Chef Christine! Thanks for sharing and linking.

LV said...

What a wonderful table setting and event. You have some of the most beautiful things and use them perfectly. Glad you took the time to visit my simple blog.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

What a lovely gathering! I so appreciated the glimpse into your lovely home, and must admit that I got a bit nosy and looked around a bit. It is full of all sorts of treasures providing such visual delight, and looks so warm and inviting. Your tables are beautiful and, even as an adult, could appreciate sitting at the children's table. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Please be safe from the hurricane Irma.

Crystal Grandeur said...

So beautiful. You have a lovely home. Sujatha.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday