Saturday, September 23, 2017

First Fall Tablescape, 2017, using Polish Pottery with Orange

I took a break from cleaning the mess that Hurricane Irma left us, to do what I enjoy doing best, tablescaping. It really is a pleasant change, although I am not done with cleaning yet. The hurricane did a number on our pool and enclosure but that is something I cannot fix so I am leaving it up to the experts first, then I can clean up afterwards. It took down 2 trees and 1 palm. We are still very fortunate that we came out with nothing worse since very powerful Irma whirled right by us.


I decided to create a table using my Polish pottery dishes with orange. I had acquired 2 new Polish pottery pumpkins that I wanted to use as part of my centerpiece. Here is the result.




I used my tin fall colored plate chargers with fruits.


 I only have 6 of this dinner plate but I have 12 of the salad plates so for the heads of the table, I used another pattern for the dinner plates. Polish pottery patterns can always be mixed and matched.



PP "Dot" S&P shakers
 The bigger pumpkin in "Nature" or sometimes, they call it "mosquito" pattern.
Smaller pumpkin in "Peacock" pattern
 For the table runner and placemats, I used a hand woven set I bought right from where they were being made in Baguio, Philippines, from our trip last February.
 The flatware were a gift from my son, Jed and DIL Becky from many years ago.

 Foxy salt and pepper shakers
 The centerpiece
 Polish pottery goblets....I love the bubbles on the glasses.We bought them when we were in Seattle for one of John's medical conferences.
 For the tea, I used a Polish pottery set with lots of little orange flowers and paired them with Tracy Porter's Peacock sugar and creamer set.


And there it is, my first Fall tablescape. I can't wait to create the second one but first, I have to do more work in the house. I hope you all have a nice change in season and for those from FL and TX and other places hit by the last 2 hurricanes, I hope you are all safe and back to normal. Thank you so much for your visits and thanks to the hostesses of the memes that I join.

Anything Goes" Pink Saturday

Christine's Dishing It and Digging It




Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
Chloe's Celebrate it Monday
Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden Blog Party!
Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Show and Share
Home Matters
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
Tablescape Thursday
Share your Style Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Kate's Flaunt it Friday
Foodie Fri and Everything Else
http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/

24 comments:

Louca por porcelana said...

What a beautiful and elegant tablescape!Gorgeous dishes!Love the foxy shakers,so cute!Hugs,Maristella.

Unknown said...

Love it. Glad you are ok after the hurricane

Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley said...

Your new Polish pottery pumpkins are really unique!! I have never seen the pumpkins before. Your table came out beautiful. I am glad to hear you made it through Irma, that had to be pretty scary. Best wishes with the clean up and to all others around you who may have a lot of clean up as well.

Creations By Cindy said...

So glad you all are fine from Iram. Us too! Praise the Lord for His hedge of protection. Lots of debris, rain and wind. Your tablescape looks adorable. I have never seen pumpkins like that. Love the fox salt and pepper shakes. So cute. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Vel Criste said...

Like you, decorating is therapeutic in a way for me! So glad you were all safe during the past 2 storms Christine! Beautiful and unexpected Fall table you have!

Debra said...

The tablescape is so pretty. The Polish pottery is so lovely.

Sandra said...

I can't decide whether I love the gorgeous pottery or the lovely table linens more! Though made half a world apart, they were destined to be together on your table. The pumpkins are so unique - I love things that aren't found in every mall.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I always love seeing your polish pottery patterns and how well they mix and match. The tea set is so pretty, Christine. I know you've had much to clean up, but I'm thankful that you're safe.

Margie said...

I'm sorry to hear about the damage caused by Hurricane Irma, but I'm glad that you and your family are safe.

I always enjoy seeing your Polish pottery, and I'm especially smitten with the unique pumpkins.

Barbara F. said...

Glad all is well in Florida. Your table is very beautiful. Love the Polish pottery.

Barbara F. said...

Glad all is well in Florida. Your table is very beautiful. Love the Polish pottery.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Christine, your table looks lovely. How fun to have those pumpkins that match your special pottery. So glad to hear you are all safe.

Sandra Lee said...

Happy to hear that you and your family are well. Your pumpkins are very interesting and work well with the rest of the table. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story and we hope you will join us again next week.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Your colorful table setting is lovely and perfect for fall.

Rosie M. said...

So glad to see your post pop up in my email, Christine! I am glad you are safe. Your PP collection is so impressive and you always honor it beautifully with your accent pieces, linens, and coordinating patterns. I've never seen a PP pumpkin and it's perfect for this time of year! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

Tea in Texas said...

Love your festive fall tablescape! The darling polish pumpkins are so cute. The fruit plates are a wonderful touch for fall! My post also has a fruit pattern by Spode. Hope your family has a easy clean up! Stay safe!
Pam

Alycia Nichols said...

1.) Glad you survived Irma so that you can bring us a fall tablescape. 2.) Glad you didn't sustain worse damage than you did. That storm was a doozy!!! 3.) I love the way you so deftly incorporated touches of fall into your collection of Polish pottery. It has a real Oktoberfest kind of feel to it. Hang in there, Christine. I know you guys have been through a lot in the last few weeks.

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I'm so glad I found your blog! You are such a talented designer and I love this Polish pottery. It's so pretty. All the colors look great together. Glad to hear you and your family are safe from Irma. Have a great weekend, Silvana Joanne

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I have seen a lot of Polish pottery, but never in this combination of colors. I love the orange! Very pretty fall table.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Absolutely stunning pieces!!! So lovely!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I'm so sorry about the hurricane mess! Glad that you are safe. Also happy that you took time to do what you love. It truly does wonder for your soul! Very lovely Christine! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Angelina at Petite Haus said...

What a lovely table!! I have featured you on this week’s Thursday Favorite Things!

Sandra said...

Beautiful! Happy day.

FABBY'S LIVING said...


I love your tablescapes Chris and this one is no exception with the gorgeous Polish pottery. That o'lantern pumpkin is awesome too!
Beautiful setting as usual.
Fabby

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday