Friday, October 20, 2017

Fourth Fall Tablescape, 2017, White Pumpkin Tureens

I cannot believe I am actually on my 4th Fall tablescape. The somewhat cooler weather here in FL inspired me to cook some soup for our family dinner tonight. I say somewhat, cause it's really not cool here, at least not according to most of your standard, but it's cooler than usual.
As most of you know, I alternate cooking dinner with my daughter, who lives next door with her family, and the other night when this was taken, was my turn to cook.

The adults sit on the table, at most times, though sometimes, the little girl likes to eat next to her daddy, that is why I have an extra chair there.

But this time, they all ate on the counter. I had places assigned for them using acorns for place card holders with their names.

 I could not find 2 of the individual pumpkin soup servers. If you just know how my garage looks like, you would know why. It is taking me forever to organize. The soup tureen is displayed with my other tureen collection on top of the kitchen cabinets. I had to use a cane to bring it closer so I could reach it, even though I was already using a step ladder. DH asked if I had to use it and why not just use another one. Nope, I was really determined to use this one, lol.
 I cooked Vietnamese pho and served some cilantro and bean sprouts on the side. How do you like my ghost sitting on a pumpkin S & P shaker?
 I swear I have plain orange plates but still could not locate them so used this Polish pottery dinner plates instead.

 Pumpkin S & P shakers and pumpkin napkin rings.




 White acorn place card holders. I might have bought them from Williams Sonoma but I am not 100% sure.

 I love the colors of this Polish pottery dinner plate.
 It's bright here now cause the fallen tree caused by Hurricane Irma has been cut up and placed on the curbside. Unfortunately, the city has not picked up the pieces yet. They are estimating 30 to 90 days. They are still overwhelmed with all the fallen trees from the storm that hit us. Ugh!!


 Pho time!
 The kids' setting.
 I just love these little individual soup servers. They are perfect for the kids because they do not hold as much.
 I used different soup bowl chargers and the kids were fighting for the fox, lol.

 What? They did not like the squirrel? I think he is cute too.
 But the kids were right. This fox is the cutest!

 I baked a flan cake for dessert.
 Pulled out a Bavarian Tirschenreuth tea pot with orange on the pattern and some cups with orange on them, for those who want to drink tea.

Thank you so much for stopping by and thanks to the hostesses of these fun memes.
Anything Goes" Pink Saturday 
Christine's Dishing It and Digging It
http://www.rustic-refined.com/
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
Chloe's Celebrate it Monday
Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden Blog Party!
Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Show and Share
Home Matters
Share Your Cup
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
Grace at Home
http://www.impartinggrace.com/
Tablescape Thursday
Share your Style Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Kate's Flaunt it Friday
Foodie Fri and Everything Else
http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

Vel Criste said...

Your setting is always perfect Christine! Glad the fallen trees somehow has some positives with the bright lightint! ;-)

Alycia Nichols said...

Silly husband! What on EARTH makes him think you would want to use another one when you already had your mind set??!?!???! Men! They just don't get it!!! :-) I'll bet the family just loves it on your nights because you make the table look so special. In the end it's all about the food, but having a fun or pretty tablescape sure makes it that much better! So you make Pho, huh? My sister and niece love it! I've never had it. I'm slow. One day, though, I'll get around to it. Enjoy the "cool" temps there and have a great weekend!!!

FABBY'S LIVING said...


Oh lol... I am like you too, when I have my mind set on what I want that's it, even if Alejandro doesn't like it! I love your two settings Chris and all those white pumpkins are gorgeous, the soup bowls everything!
I also love the kiddies table with another set of small pumpkins for that great soup that is making my mouth water. All your dishes are adorable !
I'm having 25 guests at home too because of my daughter Alex's visit and I will have to set three tables, even the one in the foyer, hehehe.
Thanks for dropping by my friend.
Fabby

Blondie's Journal said...

How nice that you switch dinner nights with your daughter! I know how you love to cook and be with family, and it shows in your cute and festive table/counter settings. I really love the sweet animal plates, and it's great to see how you still use your Polish pottery.

Your home is beautiful, and yes, very bright. I love that about Florida...all that sun. I hope the recovery from the hurricane moves along quickly.

Janie

janice15 said...

Christine everything looks wonderful so glad I finally got to stop by.. can you share how yo make the pho? With love Janice

Louca por porcelana said...

Lovely post with beautiful porcelain!Hugs!

Margie said...

I can't remember the last time that I had pho. Yum! Your ghost/pumpkin S & P and acorn notecards are too cute. Last weekend, I bought a mug that says, "No given." HA!

Hardlyagoddess said...

I love the tea set idea to welcome people to enjoy a cuppa! Fun table settings!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Christine, you amaze me every time! I love your individual tureens. And everything else, of course! Do you ever repeat a table?

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

So fun Christine! I have two pumpkin tureens and have made soup a few times, but forgot to use them. Silly me! They are right out on my kitchen counter for décor display. lol! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday