Friday, December 29, 2017

Teatime on Snow!

We are from Florida and it really does not snow there but we have been in Illinois since Dec. 9 because my 99 year old + mom was ill. Thank God she recovered and is home now.
Anyway, it snowed on Christmas eve just in time for a white Christmas

I was dreaming of doing a tea time table on the snow and how cool the photos would be with the surrounding snow. I thought I would never have another chance if I did not do it now, so I searched for tea things that I could use from my sister's cabinets and this is what I came up with: an old Asian cast iron tea set. And what better centerpiece to use than a bonsai tree for an Asian table?

 Good thing my hubby John was nice enough to play along with me so I had a photographer when I wanted to be in the picture, lol.



 I think this is my favorite shot..



 My sister had 2 dead trees cut just a few days ago and I had the cutters save a table and trunks to make us 4 benches. Before they could cut the last 2, their electric saw got dull so they are coming back to cut me 2 more.

 While we were playing, my brother in law was shoveling. Boy oh boy! Am I glad we do not have to deal with something like this in Florida! Now, I appreciate our home even more.






Thanks for stopping by! The temp is below zero here now and we are freezing, just not used to this kind of weather. I don't even want to go out anywhere. Waaaah!!! I  miss being home!!

I would like to link with the following:
Anything Goes" Pink Saturday
Christine's Dishing It and Digging It
http://www.rustic-refined.com/
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
Chloe's Celebrate it Monday
Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden Blog Party!
Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Show and Share
Home Matters
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
Susan's Tablescape Thursday
Share your Style Thursday
Katherine's Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
https://katherinescorner.com
Kate's Flaunt it Friday
Foodie Fri and Everything Else
http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/



16 comments:

Terra said...

Brrr, chilly, and I like your creative use of the Bonsai in your snow tea scape.

Sarah said...

Christine, I'm happy your mom is back home and doing better. She is amazing! I'm not a snow enthusiast. I know it is pretty, but I couldn't live with snow. I'd never leave the house! Happy New Year!

Tristan Robin said...

Your snow-y tea party is just enchanting - a true winter wonderland! I am surprised a Bonsai will survive those freezing temperatures! It looks absolutely magical out there in the snow.
Thanks for sharing - and I'm glad your mom is well!
Happy Pink Saturday - and Happy New Year!

Laura said...

What a sweet tea time, so pretty
Glad your mom is better.
HPS laura

Louca por porcelana said...

How magic and cool!Beautiful landscape!Happy New Year,Christine!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Christine, what an adventure (Florida to Illinois in winter)! Glad your mom is doing better. How clever of you to set up that snow tea photo opp!

Bernideen said...

Dear Christine: So glad to hear your Mom is better and you have some great genes going on since she is 99 years old. My Hubby is from Illinois too. Hope you are doing well and I enjoyed your snow "tea"! Thanks for sharing. Burr.....

Sandi Magle said...

Brilliant on the table and benches. Love your surroundings, but it's so cold, lol.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh how cute you, John, and your snowy tea are, Christine! I'm so happy to hear that your mom is doing better and is at home. I'll be headed to the snow and to take care of my little mom, Christine. God bless our mom's! Happy New Year to you!

Creations By Cindy said...

Glad to hear your mom is doing well now Christine. And girl, you can make a tea party anywhere can't you? Happy New Year. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Margie said...

Christine - where were you when Mariah Carey was looking for hot tea in the snow?!? HA!

I salute you for enduring the sub-zero temperatures for a memorable tea time. Once the white stuff comes down here, I hibernate indoors. Hee!

Happy New Year!

Crystal Grandeur said...

Lovely Christine...I have't experienced a snow fall. It looks magic. The Bonsai tree is just beautiful. Enjoy the lovely days. Lots of love. Sujatha:)

Sandra said...

Lovely Christine. Happy New Year for you and your family.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

How fun to have teatime in the snow! I did a picnic in the snow once in our backyard and had a lot of fun with it too. No snow here this year. Our ski resorts are suffering. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Antiques And Teacups said...

Hi Christine... thought I had left a comment on this fun post a few days ago, but seems to be gone! We had flickering power, I guess that's why. I just loved this post. So cute! Love Bonsai. And so sweet of your Honey to assist! Hope the worst of the storm has past, but bet the grands loved it! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Unknown said...

Hi. Hope everything is well with you and your family. I have not seen you post in a while and will pray for all to be well with you. I feel like I know you ,though we have never met, as I enjoy your inspirationañ tablescapes that show love for family and friends. Blessings.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday