Friday, May 21, 2010

Pensacola Beach and a New Candelier

I realized that there is a lot of blue on my post today so I am linking with Blue Monday also. Thanks, Sally for hosting it! Be sure you check out all the pretty blues by visiting her blog at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/.
Saturday is here and it's time to go sightseeing. It's also time to show a few of our favorite things, which I am linking with Laurie of http://bargainhuntingwithlaurie.blogspot.com/. Check out the others' favorites by visiting Laurie's blog.


I just got our candelier for the gazebo so it's my new favorite. Of course, the gazebo has always been a favorite in our garden too. Sorry I have not had a chance to light the candles yet. I have been too busy organizing and gardening lately.





Let's go to Pensacola Beach!
We go to Pensacola a lot to visit John's dad and his stepmother. It's about a 6 hr. drive from here. Sometimes, we don't even stay overnight but many times, we stay in a hotel along Pensacola Beach.





Doesn't the white sand look like snow?



John's dad used to fly his own plane but when he became legally blind, he was forced to sell it. But that does not take away his love for airplanes. On several occasions during our visit, he would ask us to take him to the Naval Air Museum. I am not sure how much he can see but he really enjoys going there.




This is their home.




There's dad and me! That's how I look without makeup and after getting up at 5 AM and driving for 6 hours, lol. He loves to go swimming too so we also take him to the beach.



The couple are enjoying the breeze.






Just as I said, we like to stay in a hotel along the beach and enjoy the Emerald Coast. The water is really green even if it looks blue in this picture.










We take my mom along when she is staying with us but she is afraid to walk on the sand. Can you spot her?




The beach is still beautiful even at dusk. It looks so serene.
















Sorry, I could not show you much except for the beach because we mostly just visit with each other when we are there instead of sightseeing. I hope you enjoyed Pensacola Beach. It's a very nice beach with its white sand and emerald green water.




I would like to thank each and everyone of you for visiting and I would like to thank Laurie also for hosting "A Few of My Favorite Things".




I hope you all have an enjoyable weekend!

35 comments:

Traci said...

I love the candelier!

LV said...

This was truly a lovely trip to the beach through your lens. You did a super job and seems all the family had a good time.

Kat said...

Love the candelier Christine, it's just perfect for your gazebo. And Pensacola Beach is one of my favorite places. Thanks for the cyber vacation, it's probably as close as we'll get for a while :) Kat

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Christine, the chandelier is just gorgeous. I love it. Pensacola Beach is gorgeous. The white sand is unreal. So glad you always have a great time. Hugs, Marty

Dolores said...

The chandelier in your gazebo looks magical.....So beautiful!

I love the white sand in Florida, it does look like snow. The sand in Texas doesn't look like that at all, but I love it anyway.

Hey girl, you look great without makeup......
Thanks for the beach trip..
Happy weekend!

Kristi said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! :)I LOVE your candelier!!! Where did you get this beauty? What a wonderfil trip to the beach! Beautiful pictures!
Kristi

Salmagundi said...

Visiting can sometimes be more important than sightseeing. Enjoy your parents while you can. Sally

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Really like your chandelier!! Thanks for the trip to the beach - very pretty. You would not want to see a pic of me if I got up at 5am and no makeup on! :D
Enjoy your weekend.

Angela said...

Well you look gorgeous that early and no make up on girl! Loving the chandelier and the pics were so beautiful. oh how I love the beach.

Silvia said...

beautiful beach!!!.i love fla, i wish i could move there right now..
love the chandy too..
thank you.

vignette design said...

I love your chandelier Christine! I've been looking for one like that for candles. Thanks for the Pensacola tour!

Tardevil said...

Your candelier is gorgeous. I have been looking at getting one, but yours is much prettier than the one at which I'm looking. I bet it will be beautiful lit. I have never to Pensacola, but the white sand looks gorgeous. I hope you had a nice visit.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Christine, the chandelier is perfect! I love it! It looks like it was made to go in that gazebo. And darn it, you made me want to go to the beach. Pretty photos. Thanks for linking to Favorite Things. laurie

Unseen India Tours said...

Beautiful and fantastic shots !!Great post !!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I love your candalier and gorgeous gazebo! You have done an amazing job Christine, I just love how your gardens look! Beautiful beach too, just calling my name with that white sand.
Hugs, Cindy

Maryrose said...

Hi Chrisitine,
I love your chandelier...you will have to do another post and show it lit. I have been looking for a candlelit chandelier for my daughters house but as yet have come up empty handed.
I also love your trip to FL. The beach is so pretty, I have never been to Pensacola. Looks like everyone enjoyed it.
Maryrose

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Christine, I loved seeing the chandelier photos... how neat to have that!

And I enjoyed going on vacation with you. Looks like you had a great time, and I love that last shot of John walking out toward the water. And you, my friend, look beautiful without makeup. You look so YOUNG!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Christine,

Your garden chandelier is so lovely...and that gazebo...it's all so enchanting!

And...you are so naturally beautiful...I don't think there is a woman alive who wouldn't want to look that wonderful with no makeup and waking up at 5 a.m. for a long drive. Why bother with any makeup if you have that complexion? You look fabuloso!

Loved all the beach pictures to!


Nancy
Nancy

The Charm of Home said...

I love the chandy in your gazebo, very nice. You look gorgeous without makeup! The Emerald Coast is wonderful. Love all that white sand!

Diann said...

Hi christine!

Love the new chandy! It looks like you had a fun visit with your FIL!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The candelier is beautiful. It really looks nice there. The beach pictures are wonderful and you look great in that picture!
I love their home and how sweet that he loves to go to the museum.
Looks like a great visit with them.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Christine, your new chandelier is wonderful. A perfect fit for your gazebo... I enjoyed the beach pics as well.
We're hanging in Christine, an hour at a time...thanks for asking, it means the world. hugs ~lynne~

Kathleen said...

You go to the best places..are you sure you don't want to adopt me!
Love your candelier..so fancy shmancy you are!
No make up? You look wonderful..must be in love! :)

Anonymous said...

That Gazebo is just wonderful Christine!! And I love the beach pictures! would love to enjoy a few days at the beach sometime!

I don't know what happened to the email you sent- I don't remember getting it darn it! Would you remember the brand of the bridge- maybe I could look for it by brand name. I will keep a lookout on ebay too again. Had been looking here and there but with our schedule it is hard to remember to go there sometimes! Thanks for thinking of me anyways and I am glad you found a bridge!!

bee blessed
mary

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of Pensacola beach but it looks great. Another spot to add to my list of places to visit in America!

Best wishes and happy Sunday,
Natasha.

Rettabug said...

Great photos, Christine! I've been to Pensacola Beach & it IS gorgeous. The white sand is like powdered sugar!

I ♥ your chandy in the gazebo. I've been wanting one for mine for a long time. We get a stiff breeze through it, though, so I worry about it banging around. Must work on that.
Yours is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Joyful said...

The beach photos you've taken look great. If I was there I would do like you and mostly relax and visit on the beachfront.

eileeninmd said...

Great photos, Christine! I love the beach photos. I am glad you had a nice visit with your family.

Lynn said...

Your new chandy is very pretty, and I haven't been to the beach in such a long time... might have to take a ride this year!

SmilingSally said...

You're a good daughter-in-law, Christine, and you're quite a NATURAL beauty! Happy Blue Monday.

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time! I've never seen white sand...I'm in Northern Washington...we've got beaches but they're usually stormy and cold! :)

Have a great Blue Monday!

Sarah

Auntie E said...

I always love my talks with my Dad, sounds like you had a great visit.
my Blue Monday link for youI'm a newbie to this Meme.

Marice said...

wow gorgeous photos and scenery Christine! looks really like a fun and memorable visit!

u may view mine here

Kim, USA said...

You are gorgeous even with out make up. And I so like your gazebo. Happy Monday!


BM~BlueCar

Anonymous said...

Me too! ... love the candelier and your gazebo. Perfect! And the beach pics are pretty... Karen

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday