Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Some Changes in Florida Living Room

My granddaughter, AJ and I just got back from a Western Caribbean cruise.
 We joined all my siblings and mom and my cousin from the Philippines with her son and daughter and her family. After the cruise, I was able to pass by our home in Florida and my cousin and her family came along and got to spend a few days with me. We had so much fun bonding and just chatting about pretty much everything. After they left, I started to redecorate the living room.
 
Next 2 photos were before the changes. I thought the painting above the sofa was a bit small especially with the high ceilings.


I found this pair of light tin plaques on Joss and Main and I thought they would go well with the rug that has round patterns on it. The colors coordinate with the rug, painting and pillows so well.

 At first, I thought the plaques were too long so I did not buy them when I first saw them listed on the on line store, but then, they were listed again just before I left Natchez. I decided to get them hoping they would arrive while I was here and I could see how they would look. Luckily they arrived yesterday. I figured I could always put them somewhere else, even on the back porch if they did not look good but I think they look ok here. What do you think?
 Another item that I just bought is the round ottoman above, which arrived just in time also, while I am here. I think it matches the little cabinet that I have near the dining room below.
 



 
 
Our Florida home is entirely different than our MS home. I enjoy decorating both of them in 2 different ways and I love them both so much. Thank you for stopping by and I appreciate the hostesses of all the memes that I join.
Susan's Metamorphosis Monday
http://betweennapsontheporch.net/
Kathryn's Before and After Wed.
http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/
Paula's What's It Wed
Anything Blue Friday
 http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/
Saturday Sparks Linky Party
http://piecedpastimes.blogspot.com
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/
Cindy for Amaze Me Monday
http://dwellings-theheartofyourhome.blogspot.com
 Masterpiece Monday

11 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I'm sure you had a fab time with that pretty Young lady AJ is! I'm happy you had a afb time with all your family too.
I love turquoise in Flo. and paired with Brown it makes a great combo! I did some twiking in my home too, as I tend to neglect the living room somewhat, as I'm never there, lol!
Hugs,
FABBY

Vel Criste said...

Love how the circles in your wall art matches your colorful rug Christine! Your home doesn't feel like a second home at all!

Diane said...

Christine - I think those plaques are perfect for your space and I cannot believe how fabulous everything looks! The colors are so bright and happy - you have done such a wonderful job in decorating this fun home. Also, your family cruise sounds like it was fantastic. So glad you were able to see everyone!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love it all, the new additions look so pretty. Love your colors too. Hugs, marty

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

The plaques were a nice addition. I like how fresh and colorful this home is.

Mindie Hilton said...

Very pretty living room. Love how bright it is. Please come share at the Bacon Time Anything Goes linky, if you have not already.

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Very nice and I love that you've incorporated lots of bright colors...love your room!!!
Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday...
Blessings,
Cindy

Kathy said...

Hello Christine - your finds are perfect for your Florida home's decor - I am delighted to share that your post will be featured in this week's Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Christine, your room is like a breath of fresh air. Love your new additions, colorful and fun.

Traci said...

I love the colors you're using! Very pretty!

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

I love the colors you chose for your Florida house-you can tell it is a fun relaxing place. The new pieces are perfect over the sofa!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday