Friday, August 15, 2014

Buck? I think it's a Moose!

I have not done a tablescape for a few weeks because I have not been home. I drove to our home from Cape Coral so I thought I would take advantage and set up a table here before I leave today.
 
 
I have had these set of dinnerware. I think I bought them either from Joss & Main or Zulily on line and had them shipped directly here last year. Aside from the coffee mugs, I have not really used them until now.
I started with a twig plate charger, or is it a bird nest?
 and used twig napkin rings and blue napkins, which I bought from an antique store in Natchez a few years ago. I think they were 75 cents for a set of 8. If you noticed, the moose is blue.
When I bought this dinnerware set, I thought the animal on them is a buck. I intended to use them when my son Jed and DIL, Becky came over, since they are both avid hunters. But looking more closely now, I think it is a moose. Here is the salad plate.
 and here is the dinner plate
Here is the info written on the back of each one.

Salt and pepper shakers sitting on birds' nests
 The table was set on the kitchen breakfast nook.



 Both stem glasses are from the Dollar Store. Yes, you've guessed it right, they were a dollar each.
 The antler was given to me by Jed and Becky, my son and DIL.


 


 Thank you so much for stopping by and I thank the hostesses of the memes I am linking to. I appreciate and read all your comments too.
 
 
Sally's Blue Monday
Christine's Table It
 Masterpiece Monday
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Kathy's A Return To Loveliness
Kathy's Home and garden Thursday
 Maria Elena's Tuesdays at Our Home 
  http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com/
 Paula's What's It Wed
Tablescape Thursday
Anything Blue Friday

16 comments:

bj said...

Hi, Christine...so glad you came by to see me. :)
As always, your table is so interesting and very pretty. I need to spend a little time and catch up with you on your blog. Summertime is a hard time for blogging....
xo

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What an awesome table setting and I am in love with those plates!!!!

Lady of the Manor said...

This setting is so fun! I really like those plates and the antlers add great texture! We're vacationing in Michigan and would love to eat at a table set like this!

Candy S said...

Those are some awesome plates Christine. I love it that they are in blue. That is so unusual for a hunt theme plate. Everything is very attractive, the natural elements of the charger and the napkin ring ties all of the other natural elements together. The blue in the plates and the napkins gives a bit of sophistication to the overall effect. Very nice!

Patti said...

Hi Christine,

I love the way you used natural elements in your design. It feels very relaxing and homey.
Have a great Monday.
Patti

Crystal Grandeur said...

Hi Christine..Thank you for stopping by to leave your comment.Hope little Rea is doing fine.Your table is beautiful with all those beautiful plates and other things...TC.Love sujatha..:):)

Alycia Nichols said...

That is one fancy breakfast nook! The mirror treatment on the wall really adds something to it!

I wouldn't know the difference between a buck and moose, either, I don't think unless I saw them side by side. I think a buck has a skinnier neck, it a much lighter color and a decidedly uglier face than a buck. I've seen bucks around here (SO majestic...but scary when they run out in front of your car!), and I think they are prettier. On your dishes, though, the moose looks pretty doggone handsome!

I'm glad you had a chance to get home and spend some creative time to relax your mind. You've been under a lot of stress lately, and to do something like this as an outlet was a good idea. Sometimes we just have to let our minds go!

Still praying for Rea's continued recovery and eventual perfect health. Have a good week!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

You are the best for 'themed tablescapes' Christine and this one is no exception with the great plates, the twig chargers set the perfect hunting stage!
I love the glasses too and the napkin rings are just right!
Hugs,
FABBY

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Hi Christine, lovely table. The moose plates are adorable. Using the natural elements is so pretty on this table.

SmilingSally said...

Hi Christine,

Like you, I cannot tell if it's a moose or a buck, but it IS an animal! (I guess you and I are too citified!) In any case, your blue napkins go just right on this "outdoor" themed tablescape.

Thanks for making Blue Monday special.

Have a Beautiful Blue Monday!

LORY said...

Nice theme. Fabulous twig chargers and napkins rings. Cute moose too. Lovely white placemats. Nice!

Lory
Designthusiasm.com

Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley said...

I vote Moose! I like the rustic touches of the twig napkin rings and chargers along with the antlers. It gives it all a nice outdoorsy, nature feel. I hope things are looking up.

Unknown said...

First of all, I love your tablescape, complete with skull and antlers! Second, I hate to debunk everyone's opinions of moose or buck, but it's neither. It's an elk. A male elk. My better half, the hunter half, knows his meat. I showed him the picture of the plates, expecting him to say buck. Wikipedia has a picture of an elk, and it looks just like your plates. I like the blue color, too. It's not the standard brown or dark green of cabin or woodsy decor. Let's face it...blue is livelier and lovelier (new words?) than brown.

Deborah Montgomery said...

This is a great tablescape for your hunter son and daughter-in-law! Everything goes together so well. Love the salt and pepper in the nests.

Kathy said...

Christine, these plates are awesome - love the pattern - great tablescape! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

What great plates, Christine. I can't believe those animal print stems are from the $ Store. They are so pretty. laurie

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday