Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Farewell To Summer Tablescape Challenge

 
Kathleen at Cuisine Kathleen is having an end of summer tablescape challenge. I am still at  my daughter Rochelle's house but I did not want to miss a challenge. I decided to just create a table for one in the backyard, since both my time and tableware items here are very limited here. My granddaughter Rea is in the hospital right now so I am taking care of the other girls.
 

Its a very simple table and I decided to mix summer and fall colors to create a transition of the seasons. The napkin is actually brown and not black like it shows.
 
I started with a white crisp tablecloth, actually a new unused shower curtain I found in the utility room cabinet, while searching for a tablecloth.

I just bought the placemat at TJ Maxx a few days ago. I love the deep orange color and I like that it is square rather than rectangular, so I can use it on our round kitchen table in Natchez or on our square table in Cape Coral.
 The lake speaks summer to me and the grass is still really green and it has lately been very hot here in Florida. I do not foresee Fall in the near future yet.
 I just found the bumble bee in the kitchen drawer and I thought it would be fun to add it on the plate. I bought these plates a long time ago from Ross when I still lived in FL, one of the few everyday dinnerware set I left here when I moved.

 I could not even find a match to light the candles.
 I just borrowed the vase with a daisy from the fireplace mantel and I added another polka dotted orange vase I found in the kitchen cabinet, and stuck 3 more faux daisies in it.


And there it is! Looks like the other daisy I had on the plate have flown away. Thank you so much for hosting this table challenge, Kathleen. I hope I get a chance to visit the other participants. I will certainly try, especially because I have missed so many of you.
Thanks for your visits and comments!

I would like to link with the following too. (Thanks for hosting!!)
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
Masterpiece Monday
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Kathy's A Return To Loveliness
Maria Elena's Tuesdays at Our Home
Paula's What's It Wed
Centerpiece Wed
Homemaking Link Party
http://www.hopeineveryseason.com/
Tablescape Thursday
 
 

22 comments:

Sarah said...

Christine, your table for one reminds me of Quimper pottery. It's a perfect setting for summer's end.
All the best to you and the family. Glad little Rea is making positive progress.

Creations By Cindy said...

Love it! Praying for Rea. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love the little back yard post with such happy and sweet dishes and it sure looks like you are with your grands Chris.
Yesterday I had my August Rosary
and we again prayed for princess Rea.
Looks like Kathleen's party is not open yet or did I miss something?
Hugs,
FABBY

Vel Criste said...

What a cutee table for one Christine!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

This is SO cute and colorful, Christine! I like the design of the dishes very much. it is a happy, fun 'scape.

I hope and pray that Rhea is doing better. I am so far behind in my life that it is scary. I finally hopped back into blogging today to join the tablescapers. Kathleen's challenge seemed as good a time as any!

I am recuperating from another FALL. Don't even ask, but at least this time, I fell in the house and not on the brick street.

Thinking of you and sending you big hugs.

XO,

Sheila

Tea in Texas said...

Your table is not simple, it is great. The bee is so special. Plus the view of yard, very peaceful.
Pam

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

So cute Christine! I love how you improvised. The shower curtain worked out very well! I pray Rea is ok. You know I've been through some of this so I know the trials it puts you through. Hugs. Liz

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Christine, you are a real trooper for setting this table. I hope Rhea is doing better, and I have been praying. I know your family appreciates you being there to help out. I love the square orange placemat. You couldn't find matches but you found a bee ;o)

bj said...

So glad to know Rea is doing better, dear Christine.

You just blow me away by picking up things "here and there" and coming up with an adorable end of summer table. I love it !!

Debbie said...

Strange as it may be, my favorite part of this little table is the bumble bee accent next to the sunflower. I don't know why, maybe because it looks almost like animation and give the table a child -like quality that is so whimsical. I know daughter is so grateful to have you there to help both physically and maternally while Rea bravely battles. I hope doing this table gave you just a few minutes of "creative therapy".

It's adorable.

Jacqueline said...

How fun to put together your table for one. The back yard is so perfect for an end of summer party with all of its greenery and the lovely waterscape.
Hope little Rhea is doing better.
Enjoy the last weekend of summer!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Love those plates.

Susan Freeman said...

Hi Christine! Your table is charming and sweet. Just the perfect spot for you. Have a wonderful weekend with your darling family.

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Bonnie said...

How sweet of you to go to so much trouble away from home to take Kathleen's challenge.

I hope Rhea will improve rapidly. All the best to your family.

Thanks for visiting me. Prayers to all of you.

Candy S said...

Christine, Bless your heart Lady! This is such a sweet and charming little table. The bee is just perfect. Yes you are a trooper. Taking care of the grands and still finding a way to create a pretty table. Blessings to you and the family. I will be keeping Rea in my prayers.

Lady of the Manor said...

Oh, I hope Rea is doing better! Putting together a tablescape is a great diversion and you hit the summer setting mark!! This is such a fun table! You know, I bet Rea would enjoy a snack at this table when she's home!! Take care!

Crystal Grandeur said...


Hi there.Your out door setting is cute.A Perfect summer table.Hope Rea is getting better.Have a wonderful day..Love and hugs...Sujatha...:)

Marigene said...

Healing thoughts for Rea.
Your table is adorable and perfect for the end of summer.
Have a wonderful weekend, Christine.

Kathleen said...

Love your colorful end of Summer table! I am praying for Rea. God return her to good health.

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Christine, I do hope your grandchild is okay. Lucky for your daughter that she has you to care for the other children.

Your table is so sweet. I really like the combination of colors. We are still experiencing triple digit heat here in AZ, but Fall has landed inside my house. As long as I stay inside with the air turned down, I'm good!

Anonymous said...

It's a wonderful end of Summer table, Christine!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I know I have commented on this post previously, but I just wanted to give you a cyber hug.

Hope Rhea is better!

xo

Sheila :-)

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday