Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Memorial Day Table, 2015

We are in Florida but not completely moved in yet. After 2 trailers and a 26 ft truck full of furniture and belongings, about half is still left in Natchez so we have to go back and make another move. We have no prospect buyer yet so we are in no hurry. Besides, my granddaughter's year long treatment ends this week and they want to spend a few days there to enjoy the pool so we are scheduled to go back next month. I still have lots of boxes occupying 1/3 of the garage to open so I apologize if I have not been visiting. I will catch up when this is all over.
 
Anyway, I had to dig up for these Polish Pottery stars dishes so I can create a patriotic table. Maybe around half of my dinnerware sets are still in Mississippi but I gathered enough to create this table.
See our corner china cabinet that used to be in our Natchez dining room home? I am glad I found a good place for it. And to think that we almost sold it because John thought we wouldn't have a place for it here. He was amazed after it was placed how good it looks.

 


 I just looked around the house for something red and found this red and yellow rose or I think it might be a peony.
 I found my blue set of flatware but I thought I would use my Rogers & Sons silver plated flatware set instead. I hardly ever use them and here they were, their wooden case was staring right at me in the garage.
 I bought this set of ceramic napkin rings during one of my trips here in FL in a consignment shop. They are  labeled "FP" in the back, not sure what it means. Please let me know if you do. My other napkin rings are scattered in different bins because we used them as space fillers.


 My daughter Rochelle gave me this set of blue S & P shakers as part of my mother's day gift last year. She bought them in the hospital store because I saw and admired them during one of Rea's chemo admissions last year. Rea, BTW is doing very well. She is having her last admission for immunotherapy and then she is done with all hospital stays. I thank each and everyone of you who prayed and especially those who are still praying for her.


 



 What luck! This Betsy Ross flag plate was packed with one bin of Polish pottery dishes so I had to use it as part of my centerpiece.
 I still do not have my Polish pottery dinner and salad plates here so I used my Pfaltzgraff white "Confetti" dinner plates. I have had some red and white dessert plates with a swirl pattern that I bought here in FL about 2 years ago and I added those too before adding the Polish pottery soup cups and bowls. The wooden plate chargers were bought on sale at Pier 1 on line and were delivered directly here almost right after we bought this retirement home. The plates all share a similar swirly pattern.

 I was looking for my blue goblets in the garage but could not locate them so I just used these crystals that have always been stored here that I bought from a nearby Homegoods. Yes! HG is a 4 min. drive from here and it makes me happy, lol.
 The cruet set looks almost black but they are in between cobalt and midnight blue. I really like the pewter chicken finials.

 I couldn't quite decide what is etched on this pitcher but I like it. Do they look like witches cooking up a potion? LOL! Probably not too patriotic but the color works. Besides, I needed something to stick my flag pole in.



 
And there it is, my very first patriotic table in our retirement home. I hope you like it. Thanks for stopping by and special thanks to the hostesses of these parties I am joining. Happy Memorial Day everyone and to those who are traveling, be safe!
 

Paula's What's It Wed
Centerpiece Wed
Sarah's Homemaking party
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
Tablescape Thursday
Share your Style Thursday
Home Sweet Home
Kate's Flaunt it Friday
Home Matters
Cindy's Amaze me Monday
Mary's Masterpieces Monday
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Maria Elena's Tuesdays at Our Home

 

12 comments:

Beth said...

Christine, Your table looks so pretty. Great color, great patriotism as we honor veterans and indeed all those we hold in our memories. Your new home is beautiful, Christine! Happy retirement to you and John!

Creations By Cindy said...

Awe...so patriotic! I love it! You have the most prettiest dishes ever Christine. Good for you and John on the retirement. I often think about your sweet grandgirl with her treatments and also ask our Lord to be so ever present with her and the family. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Vel Criste said...

Fabulous as always Christine and based on the FB photos, it seems to me you have moved in quite well already!!! In fact, it seemed your house in FL has been that way all along!!!!! Great job dear!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

First I'm so glad to know Rea is doing so well! I know what an incredible journey this has been for you all. You sure pulled together a nice tablescape under the circumstances. So glad to know you didn't sell that beautiful corner cabinet! From what I can see it looks like you are settling in nicely! I wish you luck on selling the other home- it's all about timing. My sister's home took 2 years to sell but it was also during a very depressed economy and there was a lot of homes competing with theirs. The right person will come along I'm sure. Have a great weekend! Liz

Joy said...

So glad Rea is doing well! I'm amazed at how beautifully you set your table in the midst of unpacking. It does feel good to have a lovely table even if the garage is still full of boxes. Have a wonderful time with your family.

sweet violets said...

Amazing!! In the midst of confusion you are still able to make a wonderful table scape!! I like how you combined what you had on hand and it fits so perfectly. Its good to hear from you, was wondering how the move was going for you. Love that you found a place for that beautiful cabinet!! Enjoy the long weekend....

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

Christine, this table is fabulous! It is absolute perfection, so patriotic, so elegant!! Pinning immediately! Thank you for sharing! So glad your Rea is doing better! Moving is an arduous task, hope things will be back to normal soon.

Heidi Melissa said...

Great table! I LOVE all the dishes - so cool!

www.theartinpartyplanning.com

Vickie @Vickie's Kitchen and Garden said...

Aww...so pretty and Patriotic! Love it! All the pieces came together perfectly. Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty

The Charm of Home said...

Your table looks beautiful Christine! Hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Such a beautiful tablescape Christine!
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
Blessings,
Cindy

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

Back to admire this table once again, and to let you know I have nominated you for the Leibster Award! If you have a minute, check out my blog post for the information on what to do: http://fromparsimonioustoperfection.blogspot.com/2015/05/the-leibster-award.html#.VWpyRizbI5s

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday