Sunday, April 24, 2016

My Baby is 35! Favorite Dishes for Her Birthday Dinner

Last Friday was my youngest daughter, Tina's birthday. My baby just turned 35. As many of you know, she is also my neighbor and we take turns making dinner and on her birthday just happened to be my turn.
I used 2 of my favorite patterns for one of my favorite girls. The dinner plates are made in Portugal and the pattern is "Sari". I bought them a long time ago from either Horchow or Neiman Marcus on line. The soup or salad bowls are from the German Villeroy & Boch "Audun" collection. I love the pastoral scenes.


I just took a vase which we bought from an antique shop in Natchez and placed some yellow flowers in it for the centerpiece.

 Villeroy and Boch Audun Chasse soup bowls
Yellow vintage wine glasses with stemmed Princess House crystal glasses for tea.
Silver plated flatware
 V&B Audun Charm serving bowls

I love the design on the translucent frosted glass vase with dragon flies.

 Portuguese dinner plates in "Sari" pattern
I love its slightly oval shape.



We finally moved this painting from Natchez.
and I moved what was there into this other wall across the table. Did you notice I  have my little French buffet table here instead of the little colorful table that used to be there. Our house decor is going back traditional, it seems. The accessories on top, bowl, balls and urn, are actually mainly cobalt blue in color.


The plate chargers are octagonal in shape and in pewter color and I bought them on sale from Pottery Barn.



 V&B Audun Ferme tea set. This is what started my collection. I bought the teapot, sugar and creamer servers from Trier, Germany, while on a tour there.


I served apple cider on the teapot.

The celebrant's ice cream cake


And there is Tina with her family. We really did not invite anybody else but we had a great time and we were stuffed. I cooked pancit (Filipino noodles), crispy pork and coconut shrimp.



Thank you so much for visiting. I appreciate all your comments.

Thanks to the hostesses I am linking with. I appreciate all your efforts.

Sandi's No Place Like Home
Jeanne's Blue Monday
Christine's Dishing It and Diggingi It
Cindy's Amaze me Monday
Chloe's Celebrate it Monday
Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden Blog Party!
Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Julie's Talk of the Town Tuesday
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Maria Elena's Tuesdays at Our Home
Sarah's Homemaking party
Tablescape Thursday
Share your Style Thursday
http://www.thevintagenestblog.com

Home Matters
Thoughts of Home Thursday
http://www.athomewithjemma.com/
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
Tablescape Thursday
Share your Style Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Kate's Flaunt it Friday
Courtney's Feathered Nest Friday
Foodie Fri and Everything Else
Share it One More Time
"Anything Goes" Pink Saturday



35 comments:

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Christine, that pattern is gorgeous and your daughter must have been so happy to see such an elegant table set. Our babies have grown up. Where does the time go? Thanks for sharing this very special table at DI&DI.

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

A beautiful table for a beautiful young woman. I am sure she loved it.........
and how nice she lives next door to you. Yes, it is amazing how fast they grow
up, my oldest will be 39 in Nov. and my youngest 32 in August, I can hardly
believe it..........where does the time go.
Thanks for sharing you lovely table with us.
and Belated Happy Birthday to Tina.........
Blessings, Nellie

Sarah said...

Pretty table for your beautiful daughter. Happy Birthday, Tina!

Terra said...

Your family is beautiful, and like you I admire the pastoral scenes on your china. Also that wonderful French side table, wow.

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

What a stunning tablescape, Christine! I love the gorgeous pattern of the china:) Happy Birthday to Tina! Hugs, Poppy

janice15 said...

Your table setting is just beautiful. And the tea set I love it, very nice pieces. I would have loved to sit a while and eat. And I love filipino food. Very nice Happy Sunday with love Janice

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

I love the colours of the dishware and how you've coordinated all the accessories with it. So serene looking and yet it has an elegant festive-ness to it as well. Those octagonal chargers are fabulous! Happy Birthday to your daughter - what a lovely family she has!

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine! Oh, Tina has such a beautiful family! She is beautiful and I wish her a happy birthday! What a lovely table too! The pretty yellow dishes are very elegant! I can just imagine how your wonderful food tasted too. You're enjoying living close by your family, aren't you? I know I am.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Julie Nichols said...

Hi Christine, your daughter and her family are lovely. I think it is so nice that you are neighbors!! Your table setting is gorgeous. I Co-host a linky party Talk of the Town every Tuesday @ 8pm EST. Would love for you to join.
Julie @ Love My Simple Home

Snap said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter. Beautiful family. Your table is gorgeous -- perfect for a celebration. I like Villeroy and Boch. I "let" them send me emails ... I can dream!

LV said...

Mercy, when you do something you do it right. Gorgons table setting. Your daughter and family are all very nice looking.

Margie said...

Happy 35th Birthday to your beautiful daughter! I'm sure she enjoyed eating the yummy Filipino food on your gorgeous dishes. It goes without saying that I love the tea set!

Jeanne said...

Hello Christine, Happy birthday to your daughter. Your table setting is gorgeous in every way. What a very special way to show your love for your daughter.
Thank you for joining Blue Monday.
xo, Jeanne

Linda said...

Christine, a very Happy Birthday to your daughter. Everything is absolutely gorgeous!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Christine, happy belated Birthday to your daughter Tina! Your tablescape is lovely. Sounds like a lovely dinner, the cake looks delicious. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

The French Hutch said...

Hi Christine, Wishing the birthday girl a belated Happy Birthday! What a beautiful table you set to celebrate the b'day dinner. I love the vase and the dish sets are stunning. I love the pastoral scene and I've always admired those chargers from PB. Your home is lovely and it must be awesome to have your family next door.
Have a lovely day dear Christine……….

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a pretty daughter you have and Happy Birthday to her! Your table is lovely set with layers and different patterns. I LOVE the soup bowls and the tea set! Yellow is such a happy colour and you have set a wonderful table to celebrate the birthday girl. Thank you for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

The Little Yellow Corner Store said...

Your tablescape is so elegant. I don't often see tablescapes which use yellow with black other than ones that are rather whimsical. Your dinnerware set is stunning. Your vase makes the perfect centerpiece. Absolutely beautiful!

Luv2Shop said...

Beautiful table setting and you have a beautiful family! :)

Chloe Crabtree said...

This is a stunning tablescape! Such lovely and elegant pieces, the dishes, the vase and the silver! Thanks you so much for sharing over at Celebrate Your Story! link party! I don't think you are following my Tabletop Pinterest board, but if you do, I will add you so you can pin to that group board also! I have pinned this to the board!

Bernideen said...

Dear Christine:
I am loving that beautiful table and all the "unpacked" items look amazing in their new location. Your have a beautiful knack at tablesetting! Thanks for sharing and linking.

Lincuden Cottage Life said...

Visiting via A Stroll Thru Life's Inspire Me Tuesday! Your table scape is gorgeous! I have the same dishes and treasure them! ;)

Creations By Cindy said...

Happy birthday to your beautiful Tina! Love, love, love the dishes Christine. So elegant. Your menu sounds so good too! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Vel Criste said...

Your lovely daughter takes after you dear! Belated happy birthday for her! love the yellow setting too!

Pam Richardson said...

Happy birthday, Tina! Christine, your table is beautiful! I have always loved that V and B pattern. I know your daughter and family enjoyed such a sweet celebration! I always make a big deal out of birthdays...so much fun! Pam @ Eceryday Living

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Oh I do so love a beautifully set table! Your daughter must have been delighted!

Angelina at Petite Haus said...

Your table is simply beautiful!!! We used to have this china pattern.... don't know where it went! I need to find out where my Mom is hiding it! Thanks for sharing at Thursday Favorite Things! Angelina @ Peonies & Orange Blossoms

Wild Oak Designs said...

What a beautiful table! I too have Audun and love the scenes....and the china's ability to go with other china patterns.
You did an awesome job.
Nancy
wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

Sandra Lee said...

What a beautiful setting! I hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday.

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Can you believe that we have children that are 35! My Mom always used to tease my about that.
She would say I can't believe I have such an old daughter:) she never aged, just me!
Well, anyway your daughter and her family are beautiful!
Such a lovely and elegant table setting and your menu was perfect!
Thank you for sharing your sweet family with us at TOHOT!
Jemma

Laura said...

What a stunning table you have created and for such a special occasion.
I love that Villeroy and Boch pattern.
Happy TOHOT!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Christine, I will be featuring your wonderful tablescape tomorrow at No Place Like Home. Enjoy your day.

Stacey said...

Christine, your table is stunning! I've never seen that pattern. The flower shaped plate is especially beautiful. How lucky you are to have your daughter close by. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my son moves closer to us. :)

Thanks so much for sharing at Thoughts of Home. We are thrilled to have you.

Decor To Adore said...

A table fit for a queen! I am a bit late to the TOHOT party due to my college semester finals but I'm so glad that I didn't miss this. Have a wonderful week.

Angelina at Petite Haus said...

I have featured your post on my blog as part of Thursday Favorite Things

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday