Saturday, April 30, 2016

Crab Dinner on the Back Porch

We were driving on the way to Lake Worth when I saw a sign "Blue Crabs for Sale". I love blue crabs so when we got back home, John and I went to local seafood market to see if they were available. They only had 11 left and I bought them all.
 Eating crabs is messy so I thought it best to set up the table out on the back porch, especially with 3 little kids with us.
Sorry about those 2 cabinets in the background. This is where I painted them but they are now in the second guest room/office combo.
 I also made shrimp pasta, in case the kids did not eat crabs.
 I have lots of basil in the garden so I decided to make Caprese salad as well.

 Kids love garlic bread! Adults do too!


 We always eat with rice!


 Dragonfly napkin rings.

It was nice to eat out for a change. Plus I did not have to worry about any crumbs falling on the floor. Tina brought her dog and she just cleaned it up, lol.
Thank you all for stopping by. When this posts, I will be sailing on the Mediterranean sea or land touring somewhere in Europe, so I will get back to you later.
Update:
We just got back from a 17 day cruise and land trip visiting different countries of Europe (Dubrovnik, Croatia, Montenegro, Malta, Athens and Crete, Greek,  Palermo, and Rome, Italy, Vatican City, Marseilles, France and Barcelona, Spain), so I am just linking this now. We had a great time !
Thanks for the visit and thanks to the hostesses!
 Sandi's No Place Like Home
Jeanne's Blue Monday
Christine's Dishing It and Diggingi It
Cindy's Amaze me Monday
Chloe's Celebrate it Monday
Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden Blog Party!
Julie's Talk of the Town Tuesday
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Maria Elena's Tuesdays at Our Home
Sarah's Homemaking party
Tablescape Thursday
Home Matters
Thoughts of Home Thursdayhttp://www.athomewithjemma.com/
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
Tablescape Thursday
Share your Style Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Kate's Flaunt it Friday
Courtney's Feathered Nest Friday
Foodie Fri and Everything Else
Share it One More Time
"Anything Goes" Pink Saturday

20 comments:

janice15 said...

That looks great I have never eaten blue crabs before regular crabs i have. I will have to try them. Pretty table setting. Happy weekend with love Janice

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Loved seeing this, and YUM!

Just checking in. Still MIA from blogging, but I hope to return after the reno is complete. will email you more later.

Much love,

Sheila :-)

Marigene said...

I would love to sit at your table one day! You always have the yummiest looking foods.
Hope you have a wonderful vacation...enjoy and relax while you can, Christine!

Rosemary-Thyme said...

What a color and festive table. Perfect for your blue crab meal. I love those type of meals where you can let loose and eat with your hands. I normally do a clam bake that gets served outdoors too. Our family loves it too.

Have fun on your trip. It sounds amazing.

Janet

Linda said...

Christine, your table is beautiful and the meal looks absolutely amazing! :)

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh my goodness Christine. You best be glad I don't live nearby cause I might have been an un-invited dinner guest! LOL! Love the colors on your table too! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, Your crab dinner is making me drool. Big smile here. The table setting is beautiful and you and your family shared a wonderful meal together. I am impressed with your lovely cruise and all of the stops you made. I hope you will share it soon.

Happy Blue Monday.
xo, Jeanne

Robyn said...

Saw your link at Dishing It and Digging It and had to come see more. Lovely dinner and beautiful table setting! I just want to dig in :)
Your cruise sounds heavenly with so many fascinating countries :) Great to visit your beautiful blog!

LV said...

Not much for crab meat. Too much work for so little meat. Your table is very pretty. Glad you can travel and enjoy the beaut from other places.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a wonderful cruise you had! And what a feast too! Everything sounds mouth watering, Christine. Thanks for sharing with us.

Blessings,
Sandi

GranthamLynn said...

Fun Blue table. And yummeee dinner. I loved the napkin rings. Glad you had a great cruise! Thanks for sharing. I am following you now. I hope you can come over and visit. I linked at Blue Monday too!

Margie said...

Welcome back, Christine! Your seafood dinner made my mouth water. YUM!

Bernideen said...

Dear Christine:
So glad you had safe journeys and a restful cruise. Your seafood dinner looks amazing and so beautifully presented. You have an eye for table setting designs! Thanks for sharing and linking.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Your meal outside looks so good, Christine! I know your family appreciates all the love that you put into those meals! I'll bet you had a wonderful time on your cruise.

Chloe Crabtree said...

What a great way to celebrate the warm weather with this seafood dinner outside. It is always great when you have a dog to clean up what hits the floor! Very pretty table! Sounds like an amazing cruise with all of those sights to see. What cruise line did you go on? I would love to sail the Med someday! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and visit and share at the Celebrate Your Story! link party.

Sandra Lee said...

The blue crabs reminds me of the times I spent in Texas as a little girl. My aunt would buy them by the bucket full to make gumbo.

Thelma said...

I've never eaten blue crab before. Here it is snow crab season in Canada. A lovely cruise you've had with so many nice stops. I'm visiting from Between Naps on the Porch. Enjoy you travels.

Decor To Adore said...

Such a fun and festive feast! Thank you so very much for joining us at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

Bernideen said...

Dear Christine:
Thanks for sharing this post and yes - it was featured today on my blog! Congratulations!

Bernideen said...

Dear Christine:
Thanks for sharing this post and yes - it was featured today on my blog! Congratulations!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday