Friday, August 28, 2015

A Seaside Tablescape after a River Cruise

 
We just came from a 2 week Viking River cruise visiting the countries of Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Croatia and Hungary. We had a lot of fun in spite of hassles in the airports but I am ready to go again, lol. Anyway, the water prompted me to create a seaside or beachy tablescape, even though we were sailing on a river, the River Danube to be exact. Besides, summer is going fast and I am afraid I won't be able to create a beachy table anymore until next summer.
 
 I could not find my dinnerware with shells anywhere in the garage, probably still in Natchez with the other half of our belongings, so I decided to use these plates. The color works!
After placing a quilted blue table runner, I started my place setting with these placemats, which I love using for anything to do with water. I bought them from an antique/resale shop in Natchez when we still lived there. I miss those shops.

I could not find my shell napkin rings either so I used these 2 beaded ones, alternating them. The colors work, again.
 
The white wooden plate chargers are from Pier One and the plates are either from Zullily or Joss &Main.



 Luckily, I have these aqua goblets already moved to Florida.
 I had these shell canisters displayed around the jacuzzi tub in our master bathroom and I just borrowed them.

I bought these vases (2 of them) with dried grass and shells at 70% off from Jo Ann Fabrics and the teal shells on clearance from Marshall's before we left for the cruise. I really don't need any more table accessories but they must have been trying to get rid of summer items and the low prices were just irresistible.



 Searching through my stuff in the garage, I found this set of shell place card holders. Yay!



 I was already done with the table when I decided to look for a tea set to use and found this fish S & P set in the drawer, so I added it.
 A close up of the napkin rings

 Most of my flatware sets are still in Natchez but I have this pewter set here. I thought the color is like sand so I decided to use them.
 Oh uh! I forgot to add a salad fork on the right place setting. I hope you don't mind cause I did not want to retake the picture since it is already loaded. Probably you did not even notice until I mentioned it.
 I picked this tea set for it's color since  most plants by the beach are dry and brownish. Besides, I have limited sets here cause most of them are still in Natchez too.

Thank you for stopping by. It's been awhile since I blogged as I have been away and before going away, I was busy preparing for the trip and packing. I hope you enjoy this come back.
 
Thanks also to the hostesses for the parties I am linking with.

 Pink Saturday or Anything Goes
http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/

Natasha's Weekly Sundays Down
Underrhttp://www.natashainoz.com/
 
Sally's Blue Monday
Show and Share
Christine's Table it Monday
Cindy's Amaze me Monday
Creative Mondays Blog Hop
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
Kathy's A Return To Loveliness
Sandi's Teatime Tues
Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Martha and Terri's Teacup Tues
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Maria Elena's Tuesdays at Our Home
Paula's What's It Wed
Show and Share Wednesday Link Party
Sarah's Homemaking party
Idea Box Thursday Party
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Bernideen's Tea Time
Share your Style Thursday
Tablescape Thursday
Home Sweet Home
Lorelai's Home Matters
Kate's Flaunt it Friday
Anything Blue Friday
Courtney's Feathered Nest Friday

 
 

 
 
 

31 comments:

Beth said...

What a beautiful table, Christine! I love the color of your dinnerware and the shell accents. I enjoyed hearing about your cruise on FB.

xinex said...

Thanks, Beth!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I feel I was there at your cruise while looking at your great pics on FB. I love cruises, they're so much fun and boy, I can see you all did enjoyed it for sure!
The aqua dishes are gorgeous, all the shells and the brown transferware pieces are my fav...no, I love it all Chris!
Glad to see you around with your lovely posts.
FABBY

Sarah said...

Welcome home! Your table is perfect for your FL home. Beautiful colors, christine.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Pretty!! You did a great job creating the water/beach theme.
Some one I know recently went on one of the river cruises and loved the trip.
Enjoy the weekend.

LV said...

Wonderful job on the table setting. Love the colors.

xinex said...

Thanks, LV!

Anonymous said...

Your decoration and table are beautiful! So inviting. Love the athmosphere you created.
Visiting from Blue Monday.
Greetings from Hilde

SmilingSally said...

Hi Christine,

You always set such a gorgeous table, but I especially like this because of the shade of blue. I used to own a set of seashell napkin holders, but they didn't last the grandchildren! Thanks for playing today.

Happy Blue Monday!

carol l mckenna said...

What a creative table setting! Beautiful and bet your trip was wonderful!

Happy Week to you,
artmusedog and carol

Tea in Texas said...

Fun at your beach tblescape with the new summer accessories and such great prices. The trip sounds amazing and so is your table coming together with the gorgeous china for they remind me of the blue waves on the shore. Your pretty shell card holders are the perfect accent. Glad you had a wonderful trip and hoe you will take a peek of my Lemon Zest tablescape this week!

Pam

Snap said...

Beautiful table, Christine. Love the blue goblets and the plates are so pretty. Your trip sounds lovely. I've thought about a river cruise several times. Happy Tea Day!

Scribbler said...

Pretty table-- very Florida!

Martha's Favorites said...

You always create amazing table tops. I love each and every one of them. This one is no exception. Welcome home and blessings to you and yours. Hugs, Martha

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Christine, I love the colour of your tablescape. Shades of aqua are always a favourite with me. The goblets, the plates, the silverware, everything is just wonderful. Love the tea set too and the tray it's sitting on is very cute. Welcome back and thank you for sharing with us.

Blessings,
Sandi

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Christine, this table is stunning. I love the blue with the orange. You have quite the collection and everything looks gorgeous together.

Annesphamily said...

Very beautiful and such a pretty beachy feel! I love the colors too. I hope you have a great week and come visit soon. Than you for sharing.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Christine, I love the beachy tablescape. The colors are so pretty! Lovely post, enjoy your week ahead!

Claire Justine said...

Oh wow Christine, I love your table. Such a beautiful set!!

Thanks for stopping by Creative Mondays, I love to see tablescrape's they always inspire me, and yours is so beautiful and inspiring :)

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I'm glad you and your hubby had a nice river cruise, Christine. Your table turned out beautifully, even though you couldn't find some things that you wanted to use. I love the colors,the placemats, the canisters filled with shells and the darling shell place card holders. The teaser is such a pretty one!
Thank you for your visit to my blog.

Margie said...

I had the song "Under the Sea" playing in my head while I viewed your gorgeous table setting. Hee!

Maiah Harrison said...

That is a really pretty table scape. I love sea food, and your setting is so perfect! Love the sea shells in the jar as well :-)
Maya: Tea in Sidi Bou Said Tunisia

Unknown said...

Love the colors of this gorgeous table, Christine!

Jacqueline said...

I love your table with the gorgeous plates and glasses and those stunning placemats! Living in Florida, I would do seaside posts anytime!
I so want to hear about your river cruise. We have wondered about those, and wondered if it would be a little on the slow side, so hope you post about it!

Bernideen said...

Another wonderful table setting has been inspired by that cruise. What a wonderful experience and so relaxing. I would gain 10 pounds from what I've heard about the food! Lovely dishes and table spread. Thanks for sharing Christine!

candlelightsupper said...

Beautiful! Stunning! What a wonderful tablescape. Your plates are so very lovely. I am sure you had a wonderful time on your cruise. How did you like Romania, I had family go there a few years back. They brought me home some lovely things.

Anonymous said...

Love this beautiful table...the color scheme is wonderful and perfectly reflects the ocean. The shells are great! The orange touches are wonderful and I love it all...gorgeous!

Sarah said...

Christine looking at your table again, you might find the plastic ware I shared on today's post to be something fun. It comes in a coral motif as well as the twig. I think I'm going to order some.

Tea in the Library said...

Sigh! Just love it. I grew up in a beach town and we called that period of late summer early fall from Labor Day to the 1st nor'easter Local Summer. That is what I thought of when I examined your lovely table scape. Local Summer, when the hustle and bustle of tourist season is over and one can more easily enjoy the quiet beauty of nature by the sea.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Beautiful table Christine! I really like the brown transferware added with the beautiful blues. You have so many lovely things! We've talked about doing a Viking river cruise some time. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Christine, it's such a beautiful table! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features at the Anything Blue Friday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's party. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/09/anything-blue-friday-week-97.html Hope to see you again at the bash! Have a great weekend. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday