Sunday, July 11, 2010

I'm a Partygoer! LOL!



8 parties! Wow! Am I a party goer or what? LOL! There are so many fun memes and I do not want to miss any of them so why not join all, huh? You should go visit them too. The links are at the bottom of this post.
I worked REALLY hard on Saturday! I decided to switch consoles and mirrors around.

This is our breakfast nook in the kitchen. We hardly ever use it. We mostly use the round table because it is in front of the TV and we can watch while we eat.

These 2 pictures are old, they were from previous tablescapes. I forgot to take a recent "before" picture so I am posting these again to show how that area used to be. It has an oval mirror with painted gold leaves.





My daughter and SIL met us in Destin for the 4th of July weekend. I still have stuff in FLorida that I left in our house there after we moved. I asked my daughter to get them including this mirror which was still on the wall. My friend is renting the house right now. I wanted to take the opportunity of both them and us driving so we can move big and fragile items from one vehicle to another. I bought the Mexican mirror from St. Augustine a few years ago. I love the blue and white ceramic tiles on it.


I really wanted to use it, thought it might look ok in this nook with the blue valance on the windows, so I took out the oval mirror and replaced it with this one. But somehow, it just did not look right. I think the silver on the mirror and the bronze on the cabinet clashed too much.




I decided to put it in our guest room for kids and move the console and mirror that are there to here. John was in the hospital so I had to do all the moving by myself. When I get an idea in my mind, I cannot wait to get it done. I am sure some of you can relate to that.

First, I emptied both cabinets, to make them lighter and easier to move and also to avoid getting anything damaged. After all, the room I was going to be interchanging furniture with is at the very far end of the house.
I got the cabinet moved and the mirror hung. Do you like the set here?

I just got this flow blue coffee set last Saturday. I won it on Ebay for $9.95. I paid $9 for shipping. For that price, I did not expect it to be this pretty. But even the tray is very pretty. I love the shape and the handles on both sides and the whole set looks new. In fact, it is one of the prettiest set I have seen and I have seen a lot.


In the midst of moving stuff around, I was opening packages too. I received 3 packages in the mail, all of them stuff I won on Ebay while bidding when we were in Destin.


Isn't this a pretty tray? I love the handles and the ruffly edges.




The set also included this porcelain box but unfortunately, the cover arrived broken. But I am just thankful that the coffee pot, tray, sugar and creamer came in perfect condition because I think even with the box broken, it's still worth the money I paid for the whole set.


I really like this console and mirror here. It's longer but not as wide as the other one so it makes more room for the one sitting on the chair.




And it matches the dining table and chairs so well.





I placed a silverware box on top of the console. I got this idea from Shelia of Note Songs. Thanks, Shelia! It gave me another storage for one of my flatware storage. I had a hard time finding room for this because it is a big set, 92 pieces service for 12, and the box is long too.

Marty, do you see the cloche on top of the flatware box? It will be attending your party soon.




The chicken wire rooster will be attending Barbara's Rooster party as well.


That's where the console and mirror came from? It used to be in our guest room for kids.

I moved the one from the kitchen in here. I think it looks better because it fits the smaller wall better.


and because the mirror matches the room, it draws away from the fact that it does not match the cabinet. If I can paint and change the silver to metallic bronze, it will look better I think, but I am afraid to ruin it because I really like the mirror. Any ideas? Iam trying to force it to belong to this house. It was fine in our Florida home but it does not fit too well here.




If anyone of you remember, this used to be my grandkids' mermaid room so some mermaids can still be spotted although most of them have been put away in closets.





I would really be very interested in what you all think so please feel free to comment. Constructive criticisms are much welcomed.


In case you are wondering where the oval mirror went, it is now in the wet bar. This bar is very small so the mirror looks good there, it makes the room look bigger. It even matches the black counter top.










Thanks to our gracious hosstesses for hosting these parties. Please visit them at:




Sally of Blue Monday at
http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/
Susan of Metamorphosis Monday at
http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

Marty of Tabletop Tuesday at
http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/

WandaLee at Tuesday Tea for Two
http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com/

Martha and Terri of Teacup Tuesday at
http://www.marthasfavorites.com/


Lady Katherine for Teatime Tuesday at
http://ladykatherineteaparlor.blogspot.com/

69 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Christine!

I think you found the perfect spot for your mirror, and I like the way the other set look in the breakfast area! I love that you found the blue one in St. Augustine! :-)

Speaking of which, I'm here now, and it just stopped raining. We had quite an afternoon storm. Glad for the rain, but love it when the lightening goes away.

Happy Blue Monday to you!

XO,

Sheila :-)

PAT said...

I love the changes you made Christine. Your home is beautiful!

{oc cottage} said...

WHERE did you get that terrarium on your table? Adorable!!!!

m ^..^

Anonymous said...

Love the changes! The mirror looks great!

Anonymous said...

Love the changes! The mirror looks great!

Atticmag said...

I was loving all the changes then came to the picture with the gorgeous blue rug under the table and my heart skipped a beat ♥
Being the rug person of Atticmag, I can't help but want to know more about it--it looks old, is it?

Jane T.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine! I love your changes! What beautiful mirrors too! Now your tiny little self moved all of this furniture? You're amazing! Oh, I'm so glad you were inspired by me to use your silverware box on the outside! Man, yours is so big. I'm loving those sweet little lambs too! I remember seeing your grandkids room and that mirror looks wonderful in there!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

eileeninmd said...

Lovely makeovers, Christine! I love both of the mirrors and you found great places for them. the coffee set is really pretty. A wonderful deal.

Snap said...

My goodness, Christine. You've been busy! Everything is so lovely. You did really well with the flow blue coffee set. It is lovely. the mirrors are grand. Well done and thanks for sharing!

Carol said...

Very pretty mirror, I love it! Everything is so pretty, I enjoyed your post!

A Garden of Threads said...

You have a beautiful home, thanks for sharing it with us.

Traci said...

What a wonderful mirror and your home is beautiful!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Christine
I love the blue and yellow in the bedroom and that mirror would look gorgeous in any room.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wow Christine, you are the party gal this week. I love the pieces you switched around. Your ebay wins are so pretty. I just got two more French wine jugs from ebay wins. So much fun bidding on those things. Love your guest room with the twin beds. I just love that look.

Diann said...

I love the new teapot set! Just beautiful! And what a great find on Ebay!

maria said...

Love your collection. you have a beautiful home.

My Blue Monday.

LadyNoor said...

You have a such beautiful home! You've got good taste girl :)

LadyNoor said...

Oh, here is my Mellow Yellow Monday post.

Alessandra said...

First time here, hullo! What a lovely house you have, you must be very talented :-)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Christine! That is a STUNNING coffee service! I love it. If you ever want to part with it...I mean...ever... :):)

SmilingSally said...

Christine, I agree that your Mexican mirror looks just right in the newly made-over bedroom. I love that blue and white tile!

The eBay stuff is gorgeous too. I hope you insured it; that way you can collect when it breaks.

Happy Blue Monday.

Gloria said...

Hi, Christine. Oh my goodness, EVERYTHING looks lovely! I DO love the blue mirror in the bedroom - it just looks absolutely perfect in there with the color scheme. And congrats on your nice ebay purchases too!
Best regards,
Gloria

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

I am in awe at your decorating skills. I scrolled very slowly down the post trying to take everything in. It looks lovely. Really lovely.

Christian Magoncia said...

Perfect Mansion...wished to live here...ahahahah..lol

just followed you...add me please

you could see my entry at my blog
http://superyan23.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The changes you made look wonderful. I do love that blue framed mirror, it's beautiful.
Your rooms always look lovely.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Christie you have such a beautiful home! I think the change of consoles and mirrors was a wonderful idea as they do fit better and look nicer in their new spots. I love the pretty tile mirror in your gest room and teh blue and yellow color scheme.

The blue tea set is so pretty! it's a wonderful bargain.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Love the silver mirror. It adds a nice sparkle in your guest room. Good idea to change the consoles.

Kim, USA said...

Cristine my heart flip-flop when I see your blue dishes. Your rooms are pretty, love it!

Streak of yellow

Blue snake

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Like your new coffee set. Have you thought about hanging the mirror somewhere else on a wall by itself-maybe outside by your pool-under the porch of course. Then you would have an excuse to shop for a new one for the bedroom lol.

Mary said...

Christine, I LOVE your breakfast nook and it looks wonderful with the new furnishings! And that coffee set is so lovely! thanks for sharing the fruits of your hard work at MM. :)

Mary said...

Happy Blue Monday, What a beautiful decor! And what a nice blog you have. Take care, Mary

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

Hey Christine!
You are a party girl...lol!
Loved seeing all of the changes around your home...it all looks so pretty. I think the blue and white tile mirror looks perfect in the guest room...and I love that blue and white tea set you got from ebay...it's gorgeous!
Well, I'm off to see the rest of your posts. Hope you have a great week! :)
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Joyce said...

I love the mirror that you put into the guest BR and do not think your should attempt to change it from silver to bronze. You were one busy blogger moving all that stuff around your house.
Joyce

Marice said...

OH MY! It seems like I am viewing one of the beautiful rooms inside a luxury hotel :) Your place is really nice! You have done such a great job!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so lovely! What wonderful pieces you have to work with!

Sonny G said...

all the new changes look wonderful.. Those new mirrors are amazing and brighten the whole space.. Blue and White always look pretty~!

Hugs
Sonny

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I like the new look very much, Christine! I love that the cabinet is not very deep so it doesn't take up a lot of room. It fits a good amount of items on top. You've got a wonderful backyard view out of that window! The blue mirror looks great in your guest room ~ it fits in with the colors so well!

Meri said...

Nice arrangements and rearrangements. I am in awe of how many memes you're playing in.

Mary Bergfeld said...

Christine I love what you did with the breakfast nook and the guest bedroom. Your blue and white tea service is lovely and perfect for a Blue Monday entry. I hope you had a great day. Blessings...Mary

Sue said...

Hi...I'm finally back and I see you are still shopping! I love the new look in the dining area, the streamlined cabinet really looks nice in there. I also really like your Florida mirror and I think it looks great with the bedding and curtains in your room. If I were going to change anything, it would be the cabinet under it. I'd love to see something white sitting there, but the cabinet is so beautiful I can see why you want to use it.

Unknown said...

I don't even know where to start ... soooo! I am going to say this ... it is ALL fabulous. You did a wonderful job.

Have a lovely week.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

MYM said...

wow - what a beautiful home!

nannykim said...

I love the mirror in the bedroom--ties so well with the colors. I also love the new tea set!

LV said...

I never saw so many lovely things in one home, You are truly blessed to have such a wonderful place to enjoy each day. Enjoyed seeing all your pretties.

One Shabby Old House said...

Beautiful furniture and wonderful talent. The perfect pair. I enjoyed my visit today.
Becky

Dee@FrenchBleuVintage said...

You ARE a party animal - but with photos like yours, who wouldn't be? Your home is so so lovely - Happy SS!

Terri said...

Your tea tray and set is lovely! So glad only the one box was broken. Thank you so much for joining in Tea Cup Tuesday.
Hugs,
TErri

Lady Katherine said...

Oh, fun! I love seeing how you changed everything around, after being in your home I can tell so much more of what your doing! I love all your changes, I think you should paint the silver bronze! It would look good! You can do it, I know! Adore the metal rooster! The coffee set looks more like a teapot with the size of the spout. I love the set under the cloche. Is John OK? Is it his back? I came and read your post with AJ drinking out of the mermaid cup several, several times. Loved it, I think I forgot to comment each time though. I just love all your mirrors and Treasures! Thank you so much for joining me each week for Tea Time Tuesday. I been working hard on my blog feed updating, I finally figured out what was going on, after months! Go for MRI on Friday, got more tumors. Let me know how John is. Love all your doing in your home! I'd love to visit again, but not wanting to spend 5 days in bed. lol Trips are so rough on me. lol Maybe one day I can.

Marlis said...

Hi, i love the Mexican mirror. it's perfect in the new room. I don't know about the chest... The charm of the mirror are the tiles and the mexican silver. I don't know that i'd change it.. I love what you did in the eating nook. so perfect.. you have great style.

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: Your home is so beautiful. I love what you won on Ebay. I hope you can find a replacement lid. That set is one of the prettest blues, I have ever seen. Thank you for sharing it with us. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

Tootsie said...

looks good christine! Hope you are doing well...I have not had much time to run around blog land...but I do try to get back to visit all that comment to me eventually!!! lol
keep smiling

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

wow! your home looks sooo beautiful with all your pretties.. and the blue set are just lovely..

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Good Morning. I'm popping over from Marty's TTT linky party. My, looks like you have been a busy bee! You have such lovely things to work with around your home. I absolutely love your mexican mirror. I think it looks fabulous in the grandkid's room. Shame about your broken piece. Hopefully a some glue might hide it's misfortune. Thanks so much for sharing.

Carla

Anonymous said...

Your home is beautiful. I love your white and blue tea set...gorgeous. And as a collector of Polish Pottery, I was glad to see a few pieces here and there...

Wanda Lee said...

Hello there Christine!

This is just pure delight!., Wow! I absolutely love your tablescape and prettiest of dishes, your fabulous home and those adoreable twin beds in that lovely room!.., So special, just like you dear lady!

Thanks so much for partaking once again with this my 39th,Tuesday Tea For Two', for; 'Tuesday And Wednesday Teatime In Blogland', once again this week!~(Alas, I have been so exceedingly busy that I will not be able to post my pictures until later today; the latest I've ever been)!..,

Have a marvelous week dear lady!

(Oh well, I'll try to do better next week)!

Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee

Virginia said...

Your home is beautiful….Love the changes!
I enjoyed my visit.
Sweet Blessing,
Virginia

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Christine,
I think all three mirrors ended up in the perfect place for each mirror!
Love the blue and white one in the bedroom. It really looks lovely with the yellow and blue.
And the set in where your table looks just right in there.
Love your flow blue but too bad the lid was broken. But for that price, it was a steal!!
Have a wonderful day!!

Debbie

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh wow Christine, your tables and buffets are all so pretty and you really do have such a fabulous collection of accessories to decorate with. All of your vignettes are just gorgeous. I was particularly smitten with your wonderful group of lambs. Stunning. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Gorgeous home. Hugs, Marty

Beth said...

Christine, Your mirror is gorgeous and you found just the right place for it! I love the blue and white teaset, too. So sorry about the breakage. Hope you are having a good week.
Blessings, Beth

Purnima@a creative project said...

You have a beautiful home!! Mirror looks stunning !! It makes the room so different..very pretty and bright!

Sandi (Meme) said...

I like what you've done with it. Patience darlin', it'll all come together soon!

susan said...

Christine-The minute I saw that mirror I thought of your guest room--which I SO love! You found the perfect home for both! Wish I had known you were in DEstin for the 4th! I think I was in the Sandestin Walmart on about 6 am on the 4th :)

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Beautiful changes! I love what you did!

Katherine

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Christine, This post was so me! My husband makes fun of me, because when I get an idea in my head, I will do anything to implement that idea immediately! I have been known to move huge pieces of furniture by myself. For months, I have had a torn rotator cuff, and it is driving me crazy!! I physically can't do the furniture moving I used to do. I love that blue tiled mirror, and I think it is perfect in the guestroom. I agree with you, the cabinet with less depth is much better by the breakfast room, and the oval mirror is perfect in the wet bar. If you're like me, when you look at what you've changed, you start wondering why you didn't think of doing that long ago. Your new Flow Blue is beautiful. laurie

parTea lady said...

All the changes look good. I like your lovely furniture and accessories. The blue and yellow color scheme in the grandkids room is very pretty. That is a great looking light fixture in the dining room.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Christine! I LOVE your little flock of sheep...so cute! And your tablescape is gorgeous! You know I love the blue and white tea set! Thanks for the peek into your blue and yellow bedroom...my favorite colors! Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie

Tara said...

Hi Christine! I meant to come visit you last night but I began dozing in front of the laptop. I never do that!
I love your little glass houses, they are so very neat. The domes with the seashells are spectacular too. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by!

Kathleen said...

You are a party girl, Christine! I don't know how you do it all. It would take me all week to dust all those pretty things. That is why you need to send some of it to me! :)

Anonymous said...

..oh Cristine I'm also a party girl
..i love parties
..i got more fun if I'm in a party..great blog


*_* maica *_* Buy and Sell

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday