Friday, October 23, 2015

Fall on my Italian Table

It's finally cooling off a little here in Florida. I thought I would set our table with my Italian Meridiana Ceramiche dinnerware.
This is totally staged because we would already be in Chicago to visit my 97 year old mom when this posts.
 I thought the plates have fall colors and I used ruffled burnt orange placemats to add more rustic color.

 I mixed 3 types of my faux flowers and stuck them in a vase with putti (that's Italian, right?), to create a centerpiece.

 I bought the goblets with yellow pineapples from either Marshalls or TJ Maxx a long, long time ago. The yellow wine glasses were from an antique store in Natchez, MS.


 I used the same table runner as I used last week with my ghost tablescape but I took out the black spider web. I think it blends really well with the dishes.

 Isn't the orange squirrel cute?
 I really love this vase. I bought it from an antique store in Natchez. I miss those antique stores downtown that I frequented when we still lived in MS.

 The flatware with lion handles (one of my favorites), I bought them probably at least 8 years ago. They used to live inside my flatware clotche but have been replaced by my Napoleon Bee flatware for now.
 The plate chargers are MacKenzie Childs enamelware. I think they are part of their Flower Market collection. I have 2 each in 3 colors, white, pale yellow and green background. The napkins have a green leaf embroidered on them. I borrowed them from a tablecloth set that I purchased from Grand Cayman.
"Meridiana" Italian cermiche plates. I bought the dinner plates from a resale/antique shop in Destin, FL. and the salad plates were found at various times at Marshalls and TJ Maxx. I have a lot of other pieces too stored in bins in the garage, including square dinner plates and bowls and lots of serving pieces.


 Not too Italian but I opted to use my "Indian Tree" tea set. Some pieces were manufactured by Myott and some from Davidson and Sons, Ltd, all from England. We are having cappuccino and espresso, therefore I took out the demitasse cups even though I have regular sized tea cups too.




 Not too Italian either, but our living room now has the colors of Fall.
Thank you all so much for coming. I hope you enjoyed viewing the table as I enjoyed setting it up. Thanks to all the hostesses for the fun parties I am joining.

Beverly's "Anything Goes"Pink Saturday
 
Natasha's Weekly Sundays Down Under
Sally's Blue Monday
Show and Share
Christine's Table it Monday
Cindy's Amaze me Monday
Creative Mondays Blog Hop
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
Kathy's A Return To Loveliness
Sandi's Teatime Tues
Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Paula's What's It Wed
Show and Share Wednesday Link Party
Sarah's Homemaking party
Before and After Wed Party
Idea Box Thursday Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
Bernideen's Friends Sharing Tea
Share your Style Thursday
Tablescape Thursday
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
Home Sweet Home
Lorelai's Home Matters
Kate's Flaunt it Friday
Anything Blue Friday
Courtney's Feathered Nest Friday

33 comments:

janice15 said...

Your setting is lovely... And I cant say how much I love the tea set, very pretty.. Happy Autumn with love Janice

FABBY'S LIVING said...

The dishes are prefect for such a gorgeous Italian Fall table setting Chris. The centerpiece and accessories are screaming...AUTUMNNNN!!!
Enjoy your time with your sweet mother.
FABBY

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I especially liked the ruffled orange placemats - what a nice pop of color there! Blessings, Janet (www.silverfoodie.com)

RobinfromCA said...

Love your Italian dishes and that vase is stunning! Have a wonderful trip to visit your mother!
Robin

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Your dishes are beautiful and I love the vase.
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY.
Blessings,
Cindy

Kim, USA said...

Your table scape is superb as always!! Love it!

Kim,USA

SmilingSally said...

Hi Christine,

Just so special--as always.

I'm glad to learn that your mother went to St. Luke's too. Thanks for sharing that.

Have a Beautiful Blue Monday!

Annesphamily said...

You set a stunningly beautiful table. Safe travel sand enjoy your time with your mom.

Vel Criste said...

Your elaborate arrangements are always so perfect!

Unknown said...

Love it all! Just so pretty! Glad to hear your are visiting your Mother......hope you are having a good time! Making lots of memories!
Blessings My Friend,

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Your table is set so beautifully, Christine. I love the cherub face vase! I know your mom will be so happy for your visit. Enjoy your time with her in Chicago.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Enjoy your visit with your mom, Christine. You have set another wonderful table. Love all the china and silverware. The tea set is lovely and the whole setting looks like autumn has arrived in your room. Thank you for sharing and joining me for tea.

Blessings,
Sandi

Margie said...

What a lovely tablescape, Christine. Hope that you're having a good time with your mom in the Wind City!

Pat said...

Christine,
I adore the color used within your tablescape, dear one!!!
The vase is exquisite!!!
Adorable ruffled placemats!!!
Thank you for sharing and inspiring!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Hope you had a good visit with your mom! Your tablescape looks terrific with the lovely fall colours you've used.

Antiques And Teacups said...

Hi Christine. Love the Indian Tree teaset...a favorite pattern! Your table looks very nice. Hope you enjoyed your visit. Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea.
Ruth

Crystal Grandeur said...

Once again a pretty table from you Christine. So colorful and i can feel the warmth. Thank you for your share.Hugs Sujatha:)

Unknown said...

amazing one.

Unknown said...

http://bluebellbooks.blogspot.com/

welcome and join our short story slam week 31 today.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Christine, I am in awe of this tablescape. Gorgeous dishes! Every detail is perfection. The vase is so beautiful. I hope your visit is wonderful. xo

xinex said...

Thanks. Janet. I wanted to visit uour blog but could not find one.

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

Beautifully done, Christine! The colors are perfect and what a gorgeous centerpiece!

Bernideen said...

Your table settings are always so wonderful. I am sure everyone appreciates all the work you put into this one! Lovely!

Jacqueline said...

What a beautiful fall table. The oranges are so rich. I love the ruffled placemats. I have those in a few colors, but not this beautiful orange. It makes such a fun statement.
Wow, your mom is 97! That is amazing. Give her a big hug from me. Enjoy your visit and hope you have beautiful fall weather in Chicago.

Sandi Magle said...

Really a lovely table, and I would be hardpressed to pass up that vase, myself. Great taste, hope you enjoyed your visit with your Mom, Thanks for taking the time to show us such a lovely table setting. Sandi

Cyndee said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Beautiful, Christine. I love the plates and the chargers, and they look so good together. That vase is stunning. Your tea set is beautiful too.

candlelightsupper said...

Gorgeous Christine! The colors, the flowers the vase, placemats... I could go on and on. One beautiful table!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Beautiful colors Christine! The dishes are all gorgeous and I love the ruffled placemats! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Absolutely stunning table Christine! I am loving your centerpiece and dishes!

Unknown said...

What a lovely table. Thank you or linking to the #HomeMattersParty We were thrilled to have such talent :) Hope to see you next week. http://bit.ly/1N9RHHb

The Charm of Home said...

Beautiful dishes Christine! Love that you have the teapot too! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

Bonnie said...

Striking tablescape, Christine. I love the runner and your chargers. Both really show off your Italian dishes. What a nice antique vase that really catches your eye. It is a winner. I love unique pieces.
Have a great trip.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday