Sunday, April 9, 2017

Fleur de Lis, Gold and Mercury Silver

The fleur de lis was my high school insignia so I've always had a strong affinity for it. In addition to that, I like anything French so I often find myself buying anything that I see with that pretty French symbol.

I thought I would hang the charm bracelet I made to give to my classmates as a souvenir of our jubilee reunion last year, even though I did not make it due to my mother's illness.
Our trip to the Philippines is still very fresh to me and seeing my HS classmates again inspired me to create a tablescape using some of my fleur de lis collection for the centerpiece.

The gold crown naturally took center stage.


 I surrounded the crown with a few finials and some silver mercury bottles and votive candle holders.
 I love these perfume bottles. They look so feminine and elegant.
While scouting around the house for items to use, I came upon an opaque glass cobalt blue egg on the bookshelf. I placed it inside the crown on a lit stand.


 Who would ever think that I even own a set of flatware with fleur de lis handles? Well, I do, lol! And I love them!



My place setting layers started with sequined placemats, topped with silver plate chargers with fleur de lis borders, my gold and platinum Bavarian china dinner plates and finally some antique French toile salad plates by Limoges.
 Greek key dinner plate.
I have a complete set of 12 of this pattern but I thought mixing it with the French salad plates will be more interesting.
 I love these antique French Limoges salad plates. I was jumping with joy when I found them and won the bid on Ebay.




 I received this gravy server as a hostess gift during one of my dinner parties in Natchez. In Mississippi and Louisiana, you will find a lot of stuff with fleur de lis.



The tea set came from New Orleans.


And that completes my fleur de lis tablescape! I hope you like it as much as I do.
I would like to thank my HS classmates for the warm welcome they gave me and DH, as if we were never apart, even though 51 years have passed before we saw each other again.

Thank you all for stopping by and thank you to the hostesses of the memes that I will be linking with.

Anything Goes" Pink Saturday
http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/pink-saturday/

Christine's Dishing It and Digging It

Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday

Chloe's Celebrate it Monday

Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden Blog Party!

Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea

Julie's Talk of the Town Tuesday

Tuesday's The Scoop
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday

Show and Share

Tablescape Thursday

Home Matters
http://lifewithlorelai.com/

Share Your Cup Thursday
http://jannolson.blogspot.com/

Thoughts of Home Thursday

Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday

Tablescape Thursday
Share your Style Thursday

Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop

Kate's Flaunt it Friday

Foodie Fri and Everything Else

16 comments:

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

FABBY'S LIVING said...


Dear Christine you created a very elegant table as is your style. I enjoyed your stock of beautiful plates. Love the Greek key ones specially.
The teaset is lovely too.
Happy Palm Sunday.
Ilove your new header too!
FABBY

xinex said...

Thank you so much, Fabby!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a wonderful collection of fleur de Lis, Christine. Happy Easter week to you!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Christine!! OMG!! This is absolutely stunning!! So elegant!! Love it!! Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!!
Hugs,
Deb

Pam Richardson said...

Christine, what an elegant table...love the fleur de lis theme. The flatware is stunning!

Sandra Lee said...

I agree that this is a very elegant table and I love the perfume bottles. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, have a great week and have a Happy Holiday.

Creations By Cindy said...

Love this elegant and romantic table! That is the feeling I had when looking at your wonderful pictures. The perfume bottles are perfect too. Happy Easter to you. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Sylvia said...

Christine, What a lovely and full table. I love the idea of lighting the base of the cobalt blue egg! Thanks for sharing. Sylvia D.

Antiques And Teacups said...

Hi Christine. I really like the fleur d list teaset. Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Ruth

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Stunning table Christine, just absolutely stunning! The flatware alone is just pristine. Beautiful table dear lady.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Christine, gorgeous as always! You are the queen of the tablescapes!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Beautiful Christine! Of course you have silverware to match! You have so many gorgeous things. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Crystal Grandeur said...

Awesome table. The table looks grand and regal. I love everything about it. Happy Easter to you and your family. Love Sujatha:)

Margie said...

What a lovely tablescape. The crown with the blue egg inside looks really cool. Now I'm going to notice fleur de lis everywhere! Happy Easter to you and your family, Christine.

Deanna said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!
You out did yourself on this one. Absolutely stunning.
LOVE IT,
d

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday