Saturday, January 23, 2010

Party Hopping!

It's Monday and I want to join 3 parties.





But wait, since I am showing a lot of tabletops and it's almost Tuesday and I might as well join Tabletop Tuesday also, which is hosted by Barb of Grits and Glamour. To see more outstanding tabletops, go visit her at http://gritsglamour.blogspot.com/


Can you guess what this is? It's blue and it's also my contribution for Blue Monday.


Ok, I'll show a little bit more of it. Do you know what it is now?


Yep, it's a hula hoop. Can you twirl a hula hoop around you without it falling on the floor?





I can probably do about 150 turns without it falling but that's nothing compared to my sister, Tess. We were cruising in Hawaii one time and all 3 sisters joined a hula hoop contest in the ship. All the contestants' hoops have fallen (including mine) except for my sister and as the music kept going, her hula hoop kept going too. She was asked to stop and then was given another one and she had to use 2 at the same time. Again, the music gave up before her hoops did so the emcee just kept adding more and more until she had all 7 of them. Would you believe that none of them fell and the emcee just gave up, turned the music off and declared her the winner. Even I was really impressed. I couldn't believe how good she was!


I moved the game table close to the glass doors. We do not use this particular door to exit the house, we use the other one on the right. I originally moved the table so I can vacuum the rug really well but then I realized I can do my hula hooping here until I get tired of it. I thought it might be a good exercise for the legs, abdomen and hips. Maybe I should do some yoga too cause I desperately need to exercise.

Ok, now I'd like to show you some minor changes in our living room for Met Monday. You will see the lion chair pushed back all the way to the corner and some tables under the windows and 3 more occasional chairs.

This is how to used to be.
I moved the 2 smaller chairs to the dining room and moved the tables to our guest room for the grandkids.

Then, I moved the lion chair and the other one closer to the sofa to create a more cozy conversational pit. I think I like it better this way because it is less cluttered and it's making me breath better.
Janie of http://blondiesjournals.blogspot.com/ wanted to see a full picture of the painting I made for the sofa wall, so here it is. If you haven't visited Janie, you should. You will really enjoy her blog. She is an excellent writer and she has 2 gorgeous homes that she shares with us. I printed the picture from the internet and copied it so even if it is my original oil painting, the pic is not an original creation.
Since I am already showing you our living room, I might as well show the table tops that I did not show for last week's Tabletop Tuesday. This is the side table to the left of the sofa. On top of it is an astral lamp, a red Meissen compote, a celeste blue Meissen lady vase, a fairy lamp, a Sevres casket and a cherub planter I bought from a store closing downtown a half price. I won this oval marble top end table on my very first estate auction. I got a pair of them.
Below are what is on top of the end table on the right side of the sofa. It has an identical red Meissen compote, astral lamp, a Meissen boy vase, cherub porcelain and a gold crown tea light candle holder.



It was very hard to take of picture of the lamp when it is lit so here it is when turned off.


Did you notice another change here? I sewed 2 pillows using an identical material to the window swags and replaced the throw pillows that used to be there. Mamalinde from RMS was so nice to send me the material. She wouldn't even let me pay for it nor for the shipping. Thanks, Linda!


How do you like the new look?


Here are 2 wall shelves hanging on the walls dividing the foyer from the living room.


Hope you enjoyed the tour of our formal living room. Even if we do not actively use it on a regular basis since we have a very John and child proof family room with the TV and a pool view, John and I would sit in this room every now and then just to enjoy it. And sometimes, I have caught John sitting here by himself just staring and admiring it. Even when I do not see him, I know he's been here because I see the pillows messed up every now and then. He never puts anything back in place and I know it's him cause there are only 2 of us here......unless we have a ghost, lol!

Thanks for taking a virtual home tour with me.
Thnaks to our lovely hosts, Susan, Sally, Mary and Barb for all these fun parties!

36 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Christine, you have such stunning things and your living room is just gorgeous. I love your new look and I agree that it looks like it breathes better. Your new pillows are perfect too. Both of your end tables are so pretty with all of your lovely things and your painting is just fabulous. You do such a good job. Very talented. Hugs, Marty

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Christine! your formal living room is gorgeous! I love the painting that you did...so pretty! And I am amazed at your story of your sisiter and the seven hula hoops! I can do one for only a few minutes! lol Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Beautiful!

And... love reading about your sister- talented Tess and her hula hooping! I pprobably would be one o fthe first ones done!

Blessings & Aloha!

Debbiedoos said...

Christine, first let me say everytime I come over here I can't believe you have 5 grandchildren! You look so YOUNG! Anyhow, you have been busy there girl! Gosh this blogging is like a full time job for me, I love it! I will have my posts up by morning, see you then! Yours looks beautiful, and I would love to see you hoola hooP!!~ Wish you could video it.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Christine! How beautiful. I love your changes and I'm just drooling all over the place - your room is so beautiful! Your table tops are so pretty too! I'm glad you've shown the entire painting you painted. It's lovely.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia;)

Treasia Stepp said...

What a stunning formal living room! Such beautiful things you have. I can't name just one of them everything is grand.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Christine, I love the new furniture arrangement! The room looks so open and inviting. I am SO impressed tnat you and your sister can hula hoop! I had not done it in years, and my grands were trying it recently. I thought I'd show them how it's done, and I couldn't do it at all-much less 150turns or 7 hoops! Looking at your beautiful treasures on your table tops, I can see that if we did open a store, we'd have to have a "high-end" department for your stuff, and a "low-end" department for my stuff! You have so many gorgeous pieces. laurie

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Ooops! Forgot to tell you, your painting is beautiful. You have so much talent - painting AND Hula Hooping!! laurie

Chandy said...

Your home and decor are just lovely Christine... I always feel inspired when I see pictures of your creativity.

eileeninmd said...

Christine, your home and decor are just lovely. I love the mosaics of your pretty things.

Kathysue said...

Hi C, you have some of the most gorgeous antique pieces. I can see why you and John would sit in there and stare, I can't help but stare at my computer screen when I am looking at your lovely pieces. Kathysue

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Very pretty - thanks for sharing

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm so glad you decided to show us your oil painting...it's beautiful. You are truly talented! The colors go really well with your formal living room. I love the tables and your pretty vignettes. So...what is in the casket? Everything in the living room is gorgeous!! I love the pillows!

I am amazed at the hula hoop story. Your sister is something else. You are not too bad either. I suppose it is wonderful exercise and fun too. I am really bad at it!!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend! :-)

xoxo
Janie

ellen b. said...

So many beautiful things Christine. I like your re-arrangements! It's great to be able to sit and enjoy that room...
too funny about the ghost!

Suesue said...

Hi Christine - yes, I see where you have been very busy and I love the changes! You have the most exquisite things, including furniture, I have ever seen. I am in love with the gold crown tealight holder and think I may have to look for one. You already know I love your Meissen collection. Stunning. And I remember asking about the picture over your sofa yrs. ago on RMS. You are a most talented lady. It's such fun to move our things around and gain a new perspective on our rooms, isn't it?
Have a great day!
Sue

SmilingSally said...

You do like change. I place things in one spot, and that's where they stay. I guess I'm boring. In addition, I cannot hula-hoop, not even one turn. I wish I could. Happy Blue Monday!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Can I stay in your living room for a bit hehehe, i'd feast my eyes on your stuff. I love the hula hoop!

Blue Sky

EJ said...

marvelous collection.

Melting Icicles is my entry for Blue Monday!

Barbara Jean said...

Christine,
I love the blue color accents in your room.

All so beautiful.

blessings

barbara jean

Together We Save said...

As always your pictures blow me away!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your collections are beautiful. So who does the dusting?

Wow, you rocked with the hula hoop!

Sue said...

I really hope you have a cleaning lady...you must be dusting something all the time! Your painting is really beautiful...even if you did get the inspiration from another painting. You are quite talented!

Sue

Nancy said...

Christine! First of all, you are a very good artist! What a beautiful creation. And, I have 5 sisters...there is always a bit of competition going on. I wonder why you are practicing? LOL! It will be great exercise, too. Lovely room. I agree with you on the changes, I like it better with less. Finally, lucky you to have found matching fabric!

Carol said...

Everything looks so lovely! You have quite the talent for decorating!

Sonia said...

Wow what a great collection of beuatiful things you have! Your room looks regal and is very unique! So pretty.

Miss Bloomers

bj said...

You do have such stunning pieces..and your living room is so beautiful. I love it all.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I think you are the queen of gorgeous accent accessories!! It is all beautiful! I love that magazine rack!

Cute hoola hoop story!

I've posted a tabletops, and will have a different tablescape Thursday (I hope!)

Katherine

Marigene said...

Christine, what a beautiful living room you have. Your jewelry casket is stunning, ♥♥♥ it.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Christine,
A gorgeous room and a beautiful painting! You are very talented indeed! Cindy

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

I thought for sure that was a psychedelic caterpillar in that first picture. :) EVERYTHING is SO beautiful Christine! EVERYTHING!

PAT said...

Love the changes, Christine. Oh and that hula hoop story. I could never do the hula hoop, even when I was a kid, the first time the hoop came around!!:-) Amazing story about your sister!

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

Hey Christine,
That hula hooping sounds fun, I used to love to when I was a kid...not so sure I could still hula hoop, but maybe I'll buy one and give it a try...I know it's great exercise!
Love the changes you made to the living room, those blue miessen pieces are gorgeous and so is your room. Well, I'm off to catch up with your other posts and take the sightseeing tour...I always love to see where you travel!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Helen said...

Wow!
It takes a lot of thought and planning to join all of these great parties! Your post is great ....

Melissa Miller said...

Christine you truly have some of the most stunning and beautiful furniture I have ever seen.

~Double WOW!!!! *Smiles*

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Beautiful room & vignettes. I do love the changes you have made.

Anonymous said...

Your living room is gorgeous!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday