Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A White Fall Challenge with Pewter

 When we think Fall, we usually think oranges, greens, browns, yellows, maroons and even purple but never white right? Well, Kathleen of Let's Dish has challenged us to create a Fall table with predominantly white with just 1 color added. I love challenges and I hope my table is able to live up to that.
 


All white with just a little touch of silvery pewter.

The tablecloth has white embroideries and piercings all over. It's from my favorite linen store in Grand Cayman. I really like their tablecloths there because they do not absorb dirt and they can be machine washed and do not need to be ironed. I think the material is microfiber.
I immediately thought of using my white pumpkins that I bought from Lynn's store from a few years ago. I borrowed my silver plated mirrored plateau from our bathroom, usually holding my perfume bottles, to elevate them. Then, I added some bottles with silver mercury and votive holder, and I got my centerpiece.


I had pewter colored candles that I placed on a white iron candle holder.
Finally, I got to use my Fleur de lis set of flatware that I bought from Horchow about a year or 2 ago. I think they have a pewter look. They even feel like it.

My place setting started with a white plate charger that I bought from JC Penney's about 5 years ago. Don't they match my flatware? The dinner and salad plates are American Atelier in "Bianca" pattern. I have had this set displayed on the top shelf of my black hutch but hardly used them too. Finally, I placed a white lidded individual serving pumpkin bowl that I bought from Marshall's (2 last year and 2 more this year).




I also added some white acorn place card holders from Williams Sonoma and the napkin rings are white farm animals that I bought from an antique store downtown.



I bought the wine glasses from a local estate sale. I love the etched flowers. but I have no info on them.
 
 The tea set is all white with a cameo. I cannot remember where I bought it but the white wicker with a glass tray is from Florida. The lace runner is from an antique store downtown that closed before last Christmas.


While I was setting the table, I saw the hummingbird drink from the feeder. So cute!
Thanks again for stopping by. In addition to Kathleen's meme, I am also linking with other parties. Thanks to all you wonderful hostesses!
Centerpiece Wed
http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/
Paula's What's It Wedhttp://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com/
Tablescape Thursday
http://betweennapsontheporch.net/
Seasonal Sundayhttp://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
http://www.astrollthrulife.net/
Kathy's A Return To Loveliness
http://adelightsomelife.com
Sandi's Teatime Tues
http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com
Friends Sharing Tea
Martha and Terri's Teacup Tues
http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
Share Your Cup Thursday
http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
 

43 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely breathtaking, Christine!

hidden art of homemaking said...

Christine...You nailed it! This table is beautiful. I love the way you incorporated pewter with all of your white. This is indeed a lovely table..
Love, Mona
p.s. Sure do love the pictures showing the blue hour sky. :-)

Unknown said...

You certainly set a beautiful table! I love your dishes and utensils. I would love to buy some new flatware but I know one set will not do for this dishaholic! lol. Your pictures are great too! I must take more time when I set my tables. It does make a difference. Maybe when I move in 3 weeks, I will have more time.
Blessings My Friend,

Jackie See said...

Just sooo beautiful! I am not a big fan of white but I think your beautiful table is converting me! I loved it!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Well Christine, I would have never thought you wouldn't meet the challenge with a setting as stunning as this one! I love white with silver, it's so elegant! The White dishes are gorgeous with such cute White pumpkin bowls and lovely flatware. Gorgeous!
FABBY

Miss Jane said...

Lovely to look at and beautifully executed. Thank you for sharing it with us.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

The white dishes and white pumpkins look so pretty Christine! Love your silverware!

Tricia said...

Christine, this table is beautiful! You have gorgeous white dishes -- love the textures on the plates, and those pumpkin bowls are darling! The tablecloth is magnificent -- I was so surprised when you described how easy-care it is! Definitely a keeper!

Diane said...

Christine, this is so lovely and elegant. It is so perfect for a white table in the Fall. What a fabulous idea to use white pumpkins!

Sarah said...

Christine, this is all very elegant. Love the all white with a touch of pewter. A+++++ You definitely met the challenge. Wonderful!

Candy S said...

Christine, This definitely is a home run in my eyes. Your china is lovely (you should use it more often) and the flatware is gorgeous. The white pumpkins and the pewter accents are perfect. You have met the challenge and beyond. Bravo!!

Warm Heart Bears said...

Hi Christine,

Your table turned out just
beautiful! I love the white!
You completed the challenge
with flying colors . . . white.

Bear Hugs,
Carolyn

lynn cockrell said...

Your table decorated in white is beautiful, Christine! The way you used the mercury glass items as accents is perfect. I love cameos but have never seen the design used on a tea set. It is quite unique and special and works, perfectly, with the rest of the white tableware. So gorgeous!

Vel Criste said...

Super gorgeous table Christine! Love the white pumpkins, funny, I just recently bought white decorated ornate pumpkins too for next fall!

Anonymous said...

Olá! Combinação perfeita ficou a sua mesa,tons claros são elegantes!Abraço

ellen b. said...

Beautiful table, Christine!!

Tea in Texas said...

Great table the pewter went great with white. just loved the tea/coffee set. Also the small pumpkins were just right.
Pam

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Christine, my first thought was to use pewter! This is very elegant. xo

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Oh this is just gorgeous Christine. I love every inch of it, the white dishes are just breathtaking and your pewter touch are perfect. Such a beautiful job!!

Deanna said...

Absolutely LOVELY!!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty....love the pewter.

thepaintedapron.com said...

Gorgeous Christine, you have so many stunning white pieces! Completely lovely,
Jenna

Anonymous said...

Very elegant table decor and excellent photography ~ thanks, carol xx

Holly said...

Christine - BEAUTIFUL! Hugs, Holly

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

What a sumptuous table Christine! It is gorgeous!

Jewel Sauls said...

Beautiful table Christine! I love, love, love your individual pumpkin tureens! Every detail is just perfect!!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Your all white is just delightful, love all the elements that you have added to the table, the tureens are so pretty, would love to have a set of those, you never fail to entertain us with your wonderful creations...

Elaine said...

Wow, Christine! White has never looked so beautiful! Love the subtle changes from the lighting!

Marigene said...

Wow, you sure met the challenge with your beautiful table, Christine! Love those plates and flatware.
Have a wonderful week...

Marigene said...

Wow, you sure met Kathleen's challenge, Christine. Beautiful table...love those plates, so much texture.
Have a wonderful week...

Kathleen said...

You aced it Christine! It is beautiful, one of my favorite's of yours. Very elegant! Thanks for taking the challenge at Let's Dish, it is just gorgeous!

Lulu said...

How elegantly you created your white table. I love all the texture in the plates. You do have so many beautiful pieces with which to work week after week.

Bonnie said...

Christine, Your table is so elegant. I love love the chargers and white pumpkin lidded bowls.

Entertaining Women said...

Great tablescape for Kaththleen's challenge. I especially love the plate stack. The individual pumpkins are really special. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Savannah Granny said...

Christine, This is one of my favorite tables you have done. I love the whites and each detail is perfection. The dishes are awesome and I love the napkin rings, place card holders and flatware. Oh heck, I love it all.
xo Ginger

Lady of the Manor said...

Just stunning, Christine!!

Lady Linda said...

You met the challenge well! I'm very traditional, but am drawn to your color scheme! Just lovely.

Ivy and Elephants said...

Love, love, love your gorgeous pewter and white table scape!Everything looks so elegant with those colors. The centerpiece is fabulous!
Hugs,
Patti

Ricki Treleaven said...

Christine, your tablescape is gorgeous, and I really like the white with the pewter. Nice call on your part to go with the pewter!

Your tablescapes really make me smile, my friend!

Lady Linda said...

I really am traditional with my fall decor, but I am really liking your pewter and white! Lovely.

The Tablescaper said...

Such a beautiful table. I love the beautiful shades of white.

You're always welcome at Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Your table is stunning Christine. I love the touches of pewter with the shades of white! Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

LGA 112660 said...

We Love your Blog

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday