Friday, October 4, 2013

Touring the Government House, Regina, Sask, Canada

Last summer, my friends from College and I had a reunion in Regina for a week. One of the places we toured was the government center. We also had high tea there. What a wonderful experience!

 The flowers were so fresh and gorgeous!

 Here we are! We usually do not bring our hubbies when we meet for reunions. The only husband present is the hubby of the one hosting the event. Last year, I hosted it so whenever John was available, he went on the tours with us. I am not giving away our age but although 3 of us pursued their education to an MD degree, we all graduated from a 4 year college degree in 1970. So, you can pretty much guess how old we are.


 Aren't the flowers just lovely?

 And so the tour of the building begins......
 What a grand hall!

 Look at all the stems! I wonder if they really use all of them at dinner time.
 I thought the highlighted paragraph below was interesting. I think they are referring to the governor's wife here.
 We thought that mirror was haunted. The objects reflected on it were moving but we could not see the mirror moving. It was really strange.

 I love the blue and white tea set.


 We sat and waited here while they were setting up the tea room. Isn't this so pretty? I would love to have a sun room/conservatory like this.
 Finally, it was time for high tea! Thanks to the our hostess and her hubby for giving us this sweet treat! It was so gracious of them.


 Here we all are on 2 tables.

 Yummy!
It truly was a wonderful experience and we enjoyed the tea and goodies. We had so much fun. Thanks, Jazmine and Zbigniew!
 
I would like to thank you all for stopping by and thanks to the hostesses of these blog parties.
 
Oh the Places I've Been
Kathryn's Anything Blue Friday
Gemma's Scenic Weekend
Pink Saturday
Seasonal Sunday
Sally's Blue Monday
My Happy List Tuesdays
Teacup Tuesday
Sandi's Teatime Tues
Friends Sharing Tea
Teacup Tuesday
Share Your Cup Thursday

20 comments:

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Looks like you had a great time. The flowers are fabulous and I enjoyed the pictures of the interior. That table setting with all the stemware was intriguing. Makes you wonder if they used all of them during a meal?

Vel Criste said...

Thanks for taking us along Christine! Not only is it a lovely place but you ladies all look lovely and happy as well!

Ruth Kelly said...

The flowers took my breath away and then I went oh my, when I saw the rooms inside.

Jeanne said...

Christine, this government house and grounds is stunning. I can imagine you and your college friends had the most wonderful time. What a wonderful reunion.

xo,Jeanne

Jeannie Marie said...

Not one of you look as though you finished college in 1970! This is a beautiful place. What a joy it would be to have tea here and wander around. Happy Pink Saturday!

Gemma Wiseman said...

What a grand idea for a reunion to go to a special place. The gardens look enchanting with a vast array of floral colour. And the interior is fascinating.

Sarah said...

Christine, you girls know how to have fun and live the good life. I think it's wonderful that you all get together often. Looks like a wonderful tirp.

NatureFootstep said...

seems like a nice day. :)

eileeninmd said...

What a nice trip and visit to the Government House. I loved the tour and the gardens. Thanks for sharing, have a happy weekend!

Chubby Chieque said...

Graciouness..

What a great time with all the lovelies and the giggles, of course ang mga naka-raan na happenings. I can't wait until I meet all my friends again.

Enjoy the weekend, ´Te Xine...

btw... I am drooling with your flatwares/holder and all Asian touches.

God Bless,
/CC girl

Unknown said...

Beautiful, I love the flowers.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

OMG Christine, what a wonderful and gorgeous place you girls meet! I love the beautiful fresh flowers in the gardens and the inside it's a palace at best. The tablescape is amazing with so many stems and flatware...maybe WE SHOULD TRY ONE, lol! You all look so pretty, Young and happy. I had Victoria's part TWO of the First Communion and a Fall mantel, hope you have time to come by, but if you're too busy, do not worry! Big hugs, and continue with the fun.
FABBY

SmilingSally said...

Your group appears to be having a grand time. How I'd enjoy a tea like this one.

I agree that the blue and white tea set is especially nice.

Thanks for sharing your blues.

Happy Blue Monday, Christine!

Neesie said...

The flowers aren't the only lovelies...you all look fabulous ;D
That's quite a group to organise and get-together.
Fabulous post with lots of detail to take in. To take a peek inside the building was great. Not sure I like the faceless mannequins though.
Thanks for sharing your day :D
Happy Blue Monday!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place and event for you and lovely photos for HBM ~ carol ^_^

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a grand time you had, Christine! The flowers are indeed, gorgeous! I love the blue tea set myself as it's quite lovely. You look like a very happy group of ladies {and gents}. Thank you for sharing this with us and for coming to tea.

Blessings,
Sandi

Little Wandering Wren said...

Hi Christine

Isn't it fun to have reunions? Thank you for letting us share your day and take a little peek inside Government House. I loved the stacked teacups for your fancy afternoon tea.
Have a great week
Wrenx

Antiques And Teacups said...

Hi Christine. What a wonderful time you all had! How special! I graduated with a Masters in Physical Anthropology in 1971, so we are of an age....I haven't visited the state house, so that was a wonderful visit. I loved the museum and teaset, and the tea looked wonderful! What a special time together! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely photos and linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Bernideen said...

Christine:
What a wonderful group of friends from the past and present! Lovely setting for this special tea reunion! Thanks for sharing with Friends Sharing Tea!

The Tablescaper said...

I think it's so neat that you and your friends get together every year for a reunion. Not be nosy, but does your comment about seeking MD degrees, apply to you?

Wonderful to have you at "Oh, the PLACES I have been!"

- The Tablescaper

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday