Friday, June 24, 2016

My Small Garden in Florida

We have a small yard in Florida as compared to what we have in Natchez. I run out of places to plant but the advantage is that I have a smaller area to maintain.

 We moved all these iron pieces from Natchez and I am happy that I have a place to have tea parties with my grandkids and have a place to sit and rest when I have to.

I want to eventually lay my brick tiles underneath this set so that my son in law Scott, my free lawn guy, do not have to mow this area, but again, they have not been moved from Natchez yet.

 I planted some tropical fruit trees. This is a mango. It is a carrie tree. It had so many blooms but they all fell. We were told all carrie mango trees did that this year so now, I don't feel too bad.
 This one's a lychee and I cannot wait for it to start bearing fruits.
And this is my other mango tree, a nom doc mai, and it is giving me a lot of fruits. Can't wait till they are ready to pick.
 


I started a little flower bed here because I bought a sampaguita, a Philippine jasmine. I would like to put maybe a bird bath or a small fountain here but I want to wait until I move everything from our garden in Natchez. This is a ongoing working project.


A sampaguita, the flowers smell wonderful!

I wish the plants would grown taller and more lush to conceal all that pool equipment.

 My garden helper, Reese, our neighbor and my granddaughter.
Reese's and my latest garden project. We are still waiting for more accessories that I found from Ebay.

 View from our bedroom
and when I am blogging from the bedside.


Share it One More Time

Anything Goes" Pink Saturday

Sandi's No Place Like Home

Christine's Dishing It and Diggingi It
Cindy's Amaze me Monday

Jeanne's Blue Monday

Kathryn's Make it Pretty Mondayhttp://www.thededicatedhouse.com

Chloe's Celebrate it Monday
http://celebrateanddecorate.com/

Stacey's Garden Party
http://www.poofingthepillows.com/

Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden Blog Party!

Tweak it Tuesday

Julie's Talk of the Town Tuesday

Tuesday's The Scoop

Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday

Maria Elena's Tuesdays at Our Home

Show and Share

Sarah's Classical Homemaking party

Home Matters

Thoughts of Home Thursday

Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop

Kathryn's Anything Blue Friday

Kate's Flaunt it Friday

Courtney's Feathered Nest Friday

Foodie Fri and Everything Else

25 comments:

Beth said...

Your home and garden are lovely, Christine! So sweet that you get to live next to your daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren!

Unknown said...

Such a lovely visit for Pink Saturday. Thank you. And oh my, I miss living so close to my grandkids. What a sweet blessing for you all! Have a great weekend!

Kaye Swain
www.RosevilleCaliforniaJoys.com

Vel Criste said...

I envy you for having mango trees, but the lychee tree is just making me want to move!!!! both can't grow where I am, enjoy your trees and beautiful little garden!

Stacey said...

This is all so beautiful! Your views from inside are incredible.

Hope you'll join the garden party today. :)

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Loving your yard! Sometimes I wish mine was a bit smaller I admit. Especially when it comes time to cut or buy mulch. Your wrought iron patio set is beautiful also, it's so inviting!

P.S. Your blog photos are bigger than the width of your blog post. If you're interested a easy remedy is to go to TEMPLATE in your blog dashboard and click on CUSTOMIZE, then on the left you should see ADJUST WIDTH. WIden it to at least 1,000. then click save and you are done. That way your beautiful pics aren't covered up by what's on your sidebar.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a lovely spot you are turning your home into. Love the different trees you have planted. I think the biggest blessing of all is to have your family next door. I would love to have my only granddaughter next door! She lives on the other side of the country right now. Have a wonderful week, Christine.

Blessings,
Sandi

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Blooming beauty in every single corner, thank you very much for sharing this with us today at the garden party.
Jemm

Margie said...

Thanks for the lovely tour of your garden. My favourites are the mango and lychee trees!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Christine, all of your plants are so pretty! I love your iron furniture set! I'm sure there are many wonderful tea parties out there.

Stacey said...

Christine, I love seeing all of the tropical plants you have. Your daughter is precious too! :)

Happy gardening friend.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Christine, what a delight to see your tropical garden. So different from mine here in UT. Your garden furniture is lovely and the tiles will be perfect when you get them there! Thanks for sharing with the garden party.
hugs,
Jann

quakerhillfarm said...

Your plants and your home are lovely! We winter in Florida and I simply love the beauty that is there! Have a beautiful week, Lynn

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Christine, your little garden is so welcoming looking, love the iron settee. Your granddaughter is just precious and so cute!
Thanks so much for your recent visit! Have a great week!
Gina

Daniela said...

Your garden is so very charming, dearest Christine, I'm so very grateful to you for sharing it with us !
Hope your week is off to a good start I'm sending hugs and more hugs to you

Xx Daniela

candlelightsupper said...

Amazing and beautiful. Love the setting with the wrought iron table and chairs. The whole garden is so lovely. How wonderful to be able to grow all those fruits. I really enjoyed your post. Have a great week.

Art and Sand said...

Your garden doesn't look small to me - everything is lovely.

Thanks for sharing at the Garden Party.

Creations By Cindy said...

Loving your garden Christine. I wish I had a mango tree. I love those! And your little garden helper is so precious! Girl, I don't know how you keep up with all that you do! You might better be glad that you do not have more space for a garden! LOL! But looks to me like you have a LOT! Enjoyed looking at your pretties. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Bernideen said...

Dear Christine:
Thanks so much for sharing and linking your wonderful new garden additions. You are getting so much done and I think you feel right at home and everything just "fits" well. Your iron pieces are so beautiful and I love that you have a pool!

Linda said...

Everything looks so gorgeous and inviting, Christine, and your granddaughter is precious!

Sandra Lee said...

Oh how I would love to have mango trees! Your yard is beautiful and thanks for sharing with us again at Celebrate Your Story.

Decor To Adore said...

What a pretty yard. I adore your iron furniture. Your post was truly like a lovely rose.Thank you for linking up to the garden party.

Stacey said...

Happy Thoughts of Home, Christine. :)

Molly said...

What a wonderful thing to have a Mango tree

Mollyxxx

Barbara F. said...

Love it! Mango is my fave fruit.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Christine,
Your outdoor iron furniture is to die for! I am so glad for you that you were able to bring it with you to your new home!!
Your new home is stunning!!
Thanks so much for visiting!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday