Saturday, June 4, 2016

Memorial Day, 2016 Fun


It was a fun weekend, hectic but relaxing at the same time. My daughter and her family had a volleyball party at their house on Saturday and then we had a picnic and swimming party at our house the next day.

With some Polish pottery accessories as part of the centerpiece, I set up our table on the back porch.



In memory of our brave soldiers who gave up their lives defending us and our freedom, I used my Staffordshire historic colonial plate set.
The red, white and blue bike napkin rings are perfect for an outdoor setting. I got them from Sur La Table a few years ago on clearance for under $2 each.




It was Tina's turn to cook but I made caprese salad on skewers. I got my idea from Chloe of http://celebrateanddecorate.com/. Thanks Chloe!
Typical picnic food, good ole grilled hamburgers,  hotdogs and Polish sausage. They were yummy! I love eating outside, with the dog cleaning up whatever falls on the floor.

The kids had fun swimming.
Thanks you so much for the visit and thanks to our hostesses of the parties I link to. I truly appreciate you all.

Share it One More Time

Anything Goes" Pink Saturday
It’s Share The Wealth Sunday
Sandi's No Place Like Home
Christine's Dishing It and Diggingi It
Cindy's Amaze me Monday
Chloe's Celebrate it Monday
Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden Blog Party!
Tweak it Tuesday
Julie's Talk of the Town Tuesday
Tuesday's The Scoop
 
Show and Share
Sarah's Classical Homemaking party
Tablescape Thursday
Home Matters
Thoughts of Home Thursday
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
Tablescape Thursday
Share your Style Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Kate's Flaunt it Friday
Courtney's Feathered Nest Friday
Foodie Fri and Everything Else

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh what a beautiful setting for a party. You and your family and friends did a great job. Hooray for USA parties. We had a great time too but no pictures yet. Looking forward to the 4th of July one now.

LV said...

Perfect table setting and food for this special occasion.

Margie said...

What a fun table setting. The bicycle napkin holders are too cute! Do my eyes deceive me or is your pool indoors? If so, very cool!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Christine,
What a wonderful festive tablescape!! I like the Polish pottery but I really love your Liberty Blue pieces!! I also have some pieces of Liberty Blue! Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs,
Deb

Unknown said...

Love the blue plates as a tribute to soldiers past! And they fit perfectly with the red, white & blue theme. I bet it was a fun afternoon.
Thanks for sharing on Dishing It & Digging It!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Beautiful table Christine. You really pulled out all of the stops for this celebration. Love the whole table and accessories. Those bicycle napkin rings are so adorable. Your family really knows how to party.

Creations By Cindy said...

Loving the red, whit and blues Christine but the you know I do love those blue and white plates! The napkin rings are adorable. You always find the neatest things! Looks like a fun party and I am sure the kids had a grand time! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Christine, your table is so festive and I love Liberty Blue! Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Nothing like family time for creating special memories. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

Crystal Grandeur said...

Beautiful setting by the pool. So colourful and the blue and red goes well with each other. Hope you had a lovely time out there. Hugs Sujatha:)

Unknown said...

I love all the red, white and blue decor...so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at Share The Wealth Sunday!!!

Decor To Adore said...

Such a gorgeous table and I adore your blue and white plates. Thank you for joining us at Thoughts of Home on Thursday.

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

I just love this table setting and all of the great family photos too!
You really know how to entertain, it all looks so fun!
Great to have you join us at TOHOT!
Jemma

Bernideen said...

Dear Christine:
Your skewers were a great addition to the meal and the table looked fabulous! You did a great job. You entertain and cook so well!! I love that you shared and linked!

bj said...

I LOVE your table...everything looks so pretty..your home is lovely.

Lulu said...

Great table for what looks to be a very fun time.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday