Monday, November 9, 2009

An Exciting Day in London

We visited London and just left this morning. The main reason was to attend a wedding in Manchester last Saturday, which we did. While in London, I decided to visit a blog of a friend's friend, Cora. I thought I have seen some pictures taken in London on her site a while back so I looked for them and left her a comment. When I got up in the morning to check my messages, I was so surprised to get a message from Cora, asking me to call her so we could meet. I had no idea she lived in London, all the while I thought she was just visiting the country when the pictures were taken. I called her and we set up a time and place to meet and I was so excited. I also think we were classmates in 5th grade because we went to the same school.

We got to Piccadilly Circus a little early so we started exploring. You can't miss red phone booths in London. They are all over.Aren't these flowers gorgeous? They were being sold in the sidewalk.I was so excited to see a Whittard of Chelsea Tea Shop. I have been to one in San Diego and I love their instant tea with different flavors. Unfortunately, the store in San Diego had gone out of business so I haven't had a source since. We went in and bought a few cans and some ceramic egg cups and spoons. I thought they would be cute to use for a breakfast tablescape. We stopped and took pictures by Eros statue and fountain. Romantic Eros was erected in 1892 as a memorial to Lord Shaftesbury. Although people associate it with romance, the winged angel actually depicts charity.Then I spotted Cora so we crossed the street to meet her and her cute grandson, Adriane.She took us to Chinatown and we had a dimsum lunch. The food was really good. We couldn't wait to eat that I forgot to have our pictures taken in front of the food so we can share it with you.I did manage to take a picture of some of the food.And this is Cora's precious grandson. Isn't he a cutie?After eating, we took a bus to go to Cora's condo. She wanted to show us how people lived in London.This is the view from her condo window. Isn't it gorgeous? Cora was very sweet and hospitable. I wish we could have had more time to spend with each other but we had to go back to the hotel. had to pack since we were leaving for US early the next day. This truly was a very happy moment and to think that it was not planned ahead of time at all. Thanks Cora, for the wonderful day and it was so nice to meet you in person.

6 comments:

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

Hey Christine!
I so love sightseeing with you... my traveling friend..it looks like such fun to get to visit London...that is wonderful and amazing that you got to meet one of your blogging friends there too! Hope you have a great week! I'm off to catch up on the rest of your posts!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Christine, what a great trip again. It looks like you had such a wonderful time. How neat to meet someone who lives there and get to spend some time with her. I know she enjoyed it also. Hugs, Marty

Tara said...

Oh, I envy you your trip to London! It's on a list of places I would like to visit. Your China pattern is beautiful too! Have fun across the pond!

Kat said...

Christine, how exciting and fun that you got to meet Cora. What a great trip it looks like you had. I would love to see London some day, but for now I'll live vicariously through you! Kathy

Deb said...

great photos...such fun...

Blondie's Journal said...

What an exciting day this looked to be!! And what a coincidence and pleasure to meet up with another blogger (we know how exciting that is!!) I love the pictures of London, especially the red phone booths and the flower stalls. With the use of cell phones I wonder if the public phones are used much.

Your lunch looked lovely and the view from Cora's apartment is breathtaking!! And how precious her grandson is!!

Thanks for sharing these great pictures, Christine! :-)

xoxo
Janie

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday