Saturday, July 7, 2012

San Francisco, CA, 7-2012

My nephew (oldest sister's oldest kid) and his wife celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary in Stockton, CA. It was a big celebration with 350 guests. All my brothers and sisters and mom from all different states attended so we had some sort of a  mini reunion which is always a lot of fun.

Two days after the big event, my niece Stephanie drove us around San Francisco. We crossed the Bay Bridge from Oakland.

I have been to San Francisco several times, but somehow, I am always fascinated by the city.

This almost reminded me of Florida because of the palms.

A toilet on a sidewalk of San Francisco.....I wonder if I could comfortably use that. I think I will be imagining all the passersby outside. It has a beautiful view though.
 Cable car
 The weather is always cool and the plants like it, keeping all their flowers just gorgeous looking.
 We were fortunate to get a parking space right across Pier 39 on the Fisherman's Wharf and John was kind enough to offer to stay and take care of my mom so me, my sisters, brother and niece can walk around.

Here I am posing with my niece, Stephanie. People often mistake her for me, never mind that I am over 20 years older than her. Do we really look alike?
 My sister, Tess from St. Louis, with  me.
 It was a lovely day with beautiful blue skies. I love the lamp posts and the hanging planters.
 From L to R: My youngest brother Vic and his wife Che, niece Stephanie, my oldest sister Fe, sister Tess and me. I am the youngest girl, just 3 years older then my brother. We have one more brother from Florida who is not in the picture. He flew out earlier because he had to go back to work.
 Here we are again!
 Gorgeous healthy flowers!
 My sister, Fe with her hubby, Kuya Johnny. Can you believe she will be 75 in December? She even outlasts me even when we go shopping, and you know I am a shopper, lol.
 There are still a few seals on the bay. Do you see them by the deck?
 Alcatraz


 The lavenders smelled soooo good!


 We were trying  to pose like the Little Mermaid in Denmark, by the Golden Gate Bridge, lol.


 There were a lot of seagulls flying all over. They seemed so big compared to the ones I am used to in Florida.
 I almost forgot that I have a panoramic feature in my camera but I remembered in the end, so I was able to take some shots.

I hope you enjoyed our trip photos. Thanks so much for your visits.
I would like to link with
The Tablescaper's Seasonal Sunday at
Scenic Sunday
Shadow Shot Sunday 2
Sally's Blue Monday at
Jean's Bloomin' Tuesday
Susan's Outdoor Wed.
Watery Wed

Thanks ladies, for hosting!

28 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how fun. I love SF, such a great place to visit and so much to do. Your family looks fabulous and you are all so cute together. Loved the pics. Hugs, marty

Magnolia Blues said...

We were in SF the same time. I'm from CA. We flew out to see family and friends. We spent the rest of our week in Seattle. The weather was awesome, wasn't it? It was a nice break from the MS heat. Looks like you had a great trip.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I so enjoyed seeing the photos - thanks for sharing your trip with us.
Hope you are enjoying your weekend and staying coo.

Jojo said...

Such a beautiful city and the weather looked to be picture perfect!!!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

How absolutely awesome to spend time with family! Great family photos!

Blessings & Aloha!

betty-NZ said...

What a lot of photos in one post! Looks like a wonderful time for all!

Dolores said...

One of my favorite cities......so much fun and beauty to behold.

Yes, you and your niece look very much alike.
Beautiful family, Christine!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful adventure Christine!


My Shadows
Have a blessed Sunday.

The Tablescaper said...

Oh Christine, how wonderful for you to be able to be together with so many members of your family in such a special place.

- The Tablescaper

Minoru said...

I enjoyed very much your beautiful photos in S.F.

HansHB said...

Nice post for Blue Monday!

Savannah Granny said...

SF is one of my favorite cities to visit. I love the climate and the flowers are all so beautiful. Did you take any pictures of Lombard street?
Thanks for sharing, Ginger:)

Unknown said...

Beautiful post! Wish I was there!

SmilingSally said...

It's not always cool in San Francisco. My daughter was born there on April 2nd, and two months later, we experienced a heat wave. The temperature was over 100〫.

That is so blue-tiful!

Happy Blue Monday, Christine.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

What a great trip Christine...I love all of your family pics!
Dan and I visited there about 5 years ago and we really enjoyed it!
Big Hugs to you,
Cindy

Traci said...

What a fun trip. I've never been to San Fran. Your pics are awesome!

Lady Linda said...

What fun you are all having. I love it. I adore San Francisco!!!! I lived in San Mateo when I was little, just 21 miles out of the city.
Thanks for sharing.
Linda

joanne said...

Super set of photos....I love S.F. , and, if it wasn't one of the top 5 most expensive cities to live in in the US, I'd retire there, as I love the cooler weather...

Amy said...

Wow, the weather is so nice in SF. I miss visiting this beautiful city. Seems like you're having lots of fun. It's always nice to family celebration and you can travel at the same time.

Unknown said...

Never been in SF the place looks busy and beautiful. It is really nice spending time with family happy faces!
Mary, MI

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Oh, that sidewalk toilet is positively modest compared to the pissoirs of Amsterdam!

Blue Jacket, Red Hat

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Beautiful Pics !Looked like a very happy trip!

cassandrasminicorner said...

That was really fun! San Francisco is so beautiful, thank's for sharing..

Visiting for Blue Monday- hope you can stop by..

http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/07/glow-in-the-dark-mini-golf.html

Chubskulit Rose said...

Fantastic views and smiles.

Visiting from Blue Monday, here's my lovely BLUE. Your comment will be greatly appreciated!!

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

know you had a wonderful time with your family. You all look soooo young-tell us your secret! LOL!

Gemma Wiseman said...

A beautiful series of sunny scenes! Great views!

Bettey said...

Great photos. Looks like you had fun! Like the one of the birds :)

Hope you can stop by, say "Hello" and "Like" Hood Photography on Facebook! Thanks!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

350 people, oh my!!! Your pictures are gorgeous. Looks like you had a lovely time.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday