Thursday, April 25, 2013

Let's Travel to St. Petersburg, Russia!

It's been a few years ago since we went to St. Petersburg, Russia, but I still remember it so well. I was so excited and really wanted to see how the Russians live and wanted to see the city. I was surprised to see the wealth still contained in their museums and palaces.
 
Many vendors sell Matryoshka nesting dolls.
 Lots of beautiful old buildings.

 Inside the Hermitage



 

 

 Hermitage Museum
 Jordan Staircase inside the museum
 Exquisite ceilings
 Beautiful huge urns
 What was so exciting about the trip was that I was travelling with 2 sisters and lots of relatives. My sister Fe, organized a tour with over 30 of our friends and relatives. Shown below is me and my sister Tessie.
 Mariinsky Opera House
 Peter the Great Monument
 St. Isaac's Cathedral
 Me, Tess and my aunt Baby who lives in California. I grew up with her and we used to play together when we were little.


I love the paintings
 We were not allowed to take home any antique religious icons, war memorabilia, Russian coins, real fur, etc. So many rules!
Next time I will show you some palaces. Thanks for joining me on this virtual tour. I am happy to link with
 
Alma's Oh The Places I've Been
Scenic Sunday
Jamielyn's Sunday Scoop
Sunny Simple Sunday at,

17 comments:

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Christine, what gorgeous photos! I loved this tour. Thank you for sharing all of this beauty. laurie

Marlis said...

Christine, I was there in 1970.. It's as pretty as I remember. We took blue jeans and traded them for money and tschochkies. Yep.. Left our jackets there too! Great photos. xo marlis

Beth said...

The architecture is truly amazing. I LOVE the opera house! Thanks for sharing your tour photos. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing St. Petersburg through your camera lens!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us! Loved seeing the beautiful architecture. I have never been there, but have heard there are many rules on what a person can or cannot take out of the country.
Enjoy your weekend.

Vel Criste said...

Oh wow, never been to Russia Christine, thank you for this lovely tour! I love Matryoshka dolls, I only have one right now, from the Philippines, but I would love to add on to my collection someday!

Entertaining Women said...

What an amazing opportunity you had to visit St. Petersburg. The photos are so good. Thanks for taking us along. Cherry Kay

Olga Ю said...

Dear Christina! Welcome to visit us again!

The Tablescaper said...

What amazing photos! Such amazing architecture.

Thanks for being a part of "Oh, the places I've been!". Looking forward to having you be a regular contributor.

- The Tablescaper

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Wonderful memories. Great photos. Blessings, Debbie

Sarah said...

Some place I'd love to visit, Christine. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous photos. ~ Sarah

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

OH MY GOSH! Those buildings are beautiful and the ceilings are drop dead gorgeous!! Love those urns too! Thanks for sharing all that beauty with us Christine!
Gina

SmilingSally said...

What a nice trip.

Happy Blue Monday, Christine.

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful trip and such beautiful photography for HMB ^_^ ~ so glad for you and thanks for sharing ^_^

Unknown said...

The Hermitage Museum buildings are impressive! Love the ceiling paintings!

Fashion Momma said...

Russia is a very interesting place to visit. Your pics are wonderful. I played too. Mine are here and here.

Ann said...

Looks like a fascinating place, wonderful pictures. Having been a collector of dolls I enjoyed seeing the Matryoshka dolls.

Traci said...

What an awesome trip! The pictures are gorgeous!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday