Thursday, July 3, 2014

Rev It Up Trike-a Thon for Rea and Meeting Debby of Just Breathe

We had a very successful Rev It Up for Rea Trike-a Thon last week, on June 28th. It was held at the Veterans Park in Hudson, FL. My youngest daughter organized it and it went so well and so organized in spite of the big turn out. We were also able to raise a good amount of money for Rea and her family, to help with medical bills, trips back and forth to the hospitals and just to offer as much normalcy to their family life.
 
And so the celebrity twins arrive! Halle on the left and Rea on the right!
 
 My nephew made this huge banner and sent it all the way from Callifornia. Thanks, Jonjet!
 A table was set for registration. My daughter in law, Becky and her mom, Debbie, gave out raffle tickets, stickers and awareness bracelets, as they greeted the supporters and guests.
 My most exciting surprise was when someone called my name and when I looked, I thought she looked so familiar. Of course she was, because I have communicated with her for years through my blog and I have seen her picture several times on her blog. It's Debby of Just Breathe, who totally surprised me. And what a pleasant surprise! She lives all the way in San Diego but she just happened to be visiting her dad in Florida, who just turned 91 (Happy birthday, dad!). Doesn't he look good for his age? Debby said she did not tell me they were coming because she wasn't sure if they would make it and she wanted to surprise me if they did. Thank you so much, Debby! I appreciate your support and how wonderful to finally meet you in person.

 My hubby flew in for the weekend so he could join us too and show his support. I am so glad he came because I hardly see him these days, or should I say, months!
 Thanks to Publix, Actsoft (Thanks Ashley Overbaugh!) and Crispers (Thanks, Erica!) for donating all these yummy food! Thanks also to Steve, my daughter Tina's father in law, for taking charge of the food booth.
Tina's mom in law, Peggy and friend, Jen, who left her home at 5:30 AM to make it there on time from where she lives, took care of the donation pledges for the t shirts booth. Thanks, Peggy and Jen!
 
 Kids wrote something for Rea and signed the cards. We enjoyed reading their cute little messages.
 Thanks again, Debby and dad for my biggest surprise of the day!
 We had several booths set up for kids to enjoy, make your own mask, face painting, decorate your trikes, etc.
 Thanks to our face painting artists! They did an excellent job.
 Kids came to show their love and support for Rea.
 And there was so much excitement when the trike-a-thon finally began. Kids came with their trikes, bikes, scooters, etc.

 They chanted, "Hip...hip...HooRea!!!!! Hip...hip...HooRea! And my daughter Rochelle lost it and started crying. It was a very touching moment indeed!

 The adults joined in the trike-a-thon too, wheeling their little ones in their strollers
 We had drawing for the prizes, all given by generous donors! Too bad I could not win because immediate family members were not given raffle tickets. I would have loved to win the 2 night stay at Embassy Suites in Orlando.


 The t shirts were also donated by my nephew from California who made the banner. Thanks again, Jonjet!
 We had way over 200 people come and join us. So much outpouring love and support for Rea could be felt all morning.



 A large banner was set up so everybody can write a note for Rea. It is now displayed in her hospital room while she is getting her chemo, which I am happy to say, that she is tolerating very well.

 Rea was overwhelmed with so many people surrounding her whom she did not know and felt shy, that she just wanted to be held. But once we got in the car, she kept saying, "The party was for me and it is the biggest party I've ever seen!"
 Thanks to all the organizers and helpers for making the event a very huge success.
I would like to add that Rea is doing very well and is tolerating the chemo treatments. Thank you so much to everyone praying for her. 

Thank you so much for stopping by and thanks to the hostesses who I am linking with.
 
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
The Scoop (Tuesday)
Susan's Outdoor Wednesday

Paula's What's It Wed
Time Travel Thursday

13 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Christine I am so happy you guys had a great turnout and so happy to hear Rea is doing well with her treatments!! Keeping that little sweetie in my prayers.

Terra said...

That trike a thon was a beautiful event, with so many people contributing, and a surprise visit from your blog friend. I know her from blogging too. God bless Rea.

Vel Criste said...

What a wonderful and successful Event! This couldn't have been done for a much better cause, REA is a bright star to all of us! Glad you had a fellow blogger Debby there too!!!!!! This is something Rea & the rest of your family will truly remember!!!! God bless you all!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

This post gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful turnout you had, so many people who care. That is a huge blessing. I was so excited to surprise you and so happy to finally get to meet you. I was also thrilled to meet your family who are all so beautiful and kind. My heart is with all of you on your journey towards Rea's complete healing. Take care and God Bless.((HUGS)) Debby

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Continued prayers for you and the family. fondly ~lynne~

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh Chris, my heart is filled with love and warmth looking at your wonderful and snetimental event for baby Rea. People together for the Trike a Thon event warms my heart to see.
To know Rea is doing so well and looks amazing, such a fighter and strong lil'girl, is simply awesome and I know God's hand is definetelly taking care of her.
Thanks for sharing my friend. Go check, I did a tag for you, but you don't have to, it's not at all important. Hope you can enter my giveaway, though.
How fun you got to meet a blog friend in person.
FABBY

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

What a wonderful day this must have been! I am so glad to see all the support you got. Such a wonderful display of love and support! She sure is a great little trooper!!!! XO

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

What a great event! Such a nice turnout and it sounds like it was very successful! I'm so glad Rea is doing well. I've thought of you often- I'm glad to see this post. Keeping you and your family in thought and prayer. Liz

Chubby Chieque said...

I felt overwhelmed to see all good hearted Americans.

Thank You Lord for keeping Super Rea from harm and wishing all the best and to you Ate Xine and family. Keep the faith. God is soooo good.

Happy 4th of July and a blessed weekend to you All.

Hugs from D´Box...

Solange Belém said...

Hi, Christine, beautiful event! Hugs to You and God bless You! XO

Traci said...

What a wonderful day! It's awesome to see how many people are supporting your family. I'm so glad to hear that Rea is tolerating her chemo well. I'll keep praying!

TexWisGirl said...

bless your little rea and all your family. i came over from debby's to say hello. glad you two got to connect!

Mara said...

Came over from Debby's blog to read about you two meeting, but found there was so much more to it! It looks like a great time and I love the idea of that tricycle race!

I want to wish Rea a very speedy recovery and sending you and the rest of her (extended it looks like) family best wishes from Norway.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday