Sunday, October 23, 2016

A Fun Tea Party/Dinner with Our Neighbors

We had such a fun time tonight! I had our German neighbors and my daughter and her family (who are also my neighbors) over for a tea party and dinner. The weather was so nice so I set a buffet table in the dining room but we just all sat on the back porch to eat and socialize.

 I served mostly food that I could prepare in advance. I made the eggrolls 2 days ago and froze them and just fried them this afternoon. I also prepared the chicken empanada yesterday but baked them early this afternoon.

 I had taught my daughter how to make shrimp toast so she helped me and made them.
 My grandkids like egg salad sandwich so I boiled the eggs yesterday but mixed the salad and made the sandwiches today. I baked a mango/peach chiffon cake yesterday.
 Unlike Filipinos, Germans are always on time. My invitation was at 5 PM and I was ready. Yay!!
Presenting one of them, our beautiful dear friend, Natascha!
 My grandkids were hovering over my wormy orange punch.
 I had them decorate the punch with gummy worms, a nice Halloween treat.
 They really enjoyed it. I did too but I added champagne on mine, lol.
 More guests, some of them visiting all the way from Berlin and Illinois.
 They were really very appreciative of the food. I am glad they enjoyed it.

I was handed these flowers. Aren't they pretty? Thanks, Todd and Stephanie!


 
My daughter, Tina and son in law, Scott.
 Last but not least, I got a picture of dh too.
To all our guests, thank you for the lovely evening!

Thank you all for visiting my blog and for your comments.

To all the hostesses, thank you for all the parties!
                                        

Christine's Dishing It and Digging It
Jeanne's Blue Monday
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/
Chloe's Celebrate it Monday
Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Julie's Talk of the Town Tuesday
Tuesday's The Scoop
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Show and Share
Home Matters
Thoughts of Home Thursday
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
Tablescape Thursday
Share your Style Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Kate's Flaunt it Friday
Foodie Fri and Everything Else
http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/

Anything Goes" Pink Saturday

20 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I am always impressed and pleased to see one of your buffets. The food and desserts and dishes, always spectacular. I know you are a pro at this and making things ahead of time is so smart, but you still have a magic touch and I know you are energetic and get the job done pronto!

Oh, that cake! I was longing for a piece!! ;-D

How nice to meet new neighbors. I know they were delighted by your cooking and enjoyed your cuisine. Still wondering, if you brought all of your dishes to Florida?

Great post, Christine!!!!

Janie

bj said...

WOW...you are the QUEEN OF ENTERTAINMENT...every thing looks magnificent...so glad all enjoyed

Antiques And Teacups said...

You did a wonderful job! I am sure your neighbors loved it! Your setting and goodies are divine! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Margie said...

Won't you be my neighbour, Christine? Your tea party is amazing! I'm salivating over all the food and I love the tea sets that you used!

joyh82 said...

The food looks and sounds amazing! I am glad you all had such a wonderful time.
Joy @ Books and Life

Sandra Lee said...

This was quite a spread and your table looks beautiful! I'm sure your neighbors were dleighted! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, have a great week.

Jeanne said...

Hello Christine, Your guests must have had a wonderful time with the lovely table setting and the delicious food. Most of all, it is wonderful to share this lovely party with friends and Fmily.

Thank you for joining Blue Monday.
xo, Jeanne

Creations By Cindy said...

You are indeed the Hostess with the Mostess sweet Christine. I love the food choices you made. Matter of fact I wish I had some of it right about now! LOL! Beautiful setting and I am sure your guests enjoyed each and every moment. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

The Stonybrook House said...

What a beautiful gift of hospitality you have! I love your little tags showing what each item is. So pretty!

Thanks for sharing and linking up at DI & DI :) Love your posts!

Chloe Crabtree said...

Looks like a lovely party and amazing spread! I wish your pictures were bigger so I could see more of your amazing party! Thank you so much for sharing at Celebrate Your Story!

candlelightsupper said...

What a welcoming place. Gorgeous table and you must be an amazing chef. I love this post!

J said...

Oh my goodness! What a feast! I think I'd sit myself down and refuse to leave until every tasty morsel was gone! Beautifully done! - and what adorable kids!

Sandi Magle said...

Ah, we are also an internationally blended family. We have a Filipino daughter-in-law and granddaughter, a Lithuanian daughter-in-law, my husband is German/Boehemian, and I'm Danish/Lithuanian. Of course we are all Americans, but holiday dinners can be quite the mix of foods, lol. So I loved seeing your table, and the little rolls are our favorites along with homemade pancet?, and we have even had entire roasted pigs for Christmas, with Lithuanian kugala on the side, topped off with Danish Rice pudding. So much fun being American, though. Your party looks wonderful...even the gummy worms, Thanks for sharing, Sandi

Anonymous said...

Everything looks beautiful! I like the way you made it seasonal but sill elegant.
Blessings, Leigh

Bernideen said...

Oh my what a beautiful feast and table setting. Every detail is wonderful! I know they all loved this time and will remember it forever!

Two Cottages And Tea said...

What a beautiful dinner party! You really worked hard! So sweet to include your darling grandkids favorite food!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a lovely way to enjoy spending time with your neighbours! The food looks fantastic and I'm certain every morsel was enjoyed. You do know how to entertain, Christine! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Christine, why can't *I* have a neighbor like you?! You must be very popular in the neighborhood!

Crystal Grandeur said...

Nice party! I loved the beautiful setting

xinex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday