Thursday, February 14, 2019

Velentine's Day Table, 2019

This is my first tablescape on this new old table that I just bought. I bought the whole set, round table and 7 chairs for $99. I painted them afterwards and you will see the newly painted ones in the last pictures.
 

 
 We used to have a square table with 4 chairs here. If you have read my blog in the past, you would know that my daughter and her family live next door and that we alternate preparing dinners, so every other day, all seven of us eat here. The 3 grandkids used to eat on the kitchen counter but now we get to all eat together.
 
 
 
I used salad plates and soup bowls since we had shrimp toast, chicken noodle soup using bean noodles and cranberry rolls.


  I bought the plate chargers from Wisteria many years ago.
 For the kids, I used various heart plates.



 Cherubs or should I say cupid, for napkin rings.
 My centerpiece!



 I alternated the cupid napkin rings with these red beaded ones.




This was our old dinette set that I am donating to Salvation Army.
 This is the set that I just bought before I painted it. It is solid wood and in perfect condition. I told John that this set really belongs to us because I couldn't believe we were able to fit all these pieces in the back of our SUV. Also, when advertised, it said table with 6 chairs. The seller loaded the chairs while I rearranged them to fit in the vehicle and did not really count them but when we unloaded them, there were actually 7 chairs, so again, perfect for us.
 
Here is he set now after I painted 5 of the chairs, 2 more to go! I found a paint and stain from Rethunk Junque, that do not require sanding, so stained (dark walnut) and painted (linen) right in this area.




Thank you so much for stopping by. Happy Valentine's Day to all!
 
Thanks to the hostesses of the following memes that I am linking with too.
 

Cooking and Crafting with J & J. (Mon)

www.juliescreativelifestyle.com
Home Matters Linky party
The Homemaking Party
www.classicalhomemaking.com
Christine's Dishing and Digging it
http://www.rustic-refined.com
Amaze Me Monday
Make it Pretty Monday
Susan's Tablescape Thursday
Share your Style Thursday
Katherine's Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
https://katherinescorner.com
Home Sweet Home
http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
The Fabulous Thanksgiving party
http://myjourneyback-thejourneyback.blogspot.com

Kate's Flaunt it Friday

11 comments:

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Love the new dining table set and how you refinished it! Your Valentine's Day table is cute and I think it's wonderful that you get to share your daily dining with your daughter and her family!
Happy Valentine's Day!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Wow! You did a great job decorating your table for Valentine's Day. I love your table and chairs and the way you painted it. Everything looks just great. Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J. We hope to see you again.
Julie

Creations By Cindy said...

WOW! That already beautiful table and chairs is now even more beautiful Christine. I love how it turned out. Girl, you got a deal of a deal on that too. Love the tablescape and isn't so nice when everyone can eat in the same room? Happy Valentine's Day to you. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

FABBY'S LIVING said...


Oh Christine, your romantic table is gorgeous, sweet and inviting.
I love those chargers, daughter Alexandra has them.
You did a great job painting the round table and chairs and what a deal too... I love them !
I did paint two years ago the chairs on my kitchen nook.
Hope you are enjoying Valentine's with your hubby and beautiful family.
Fabby

Louca por porcelana said...

Haappy Valentine's day!Gorgeous vignettes...So sweet!!Hugs!

Pam Richardson said...

Beautiful Valentine’s table for seven. You really got a bargain for the table and chairs, and the new paint looks lovely!

Crystal Grandeur said...

Pretty table with all those pretty things. Hope you had a lovely time with loved ones on V-day. Hugs Sujatha:)

Thelma said...

Nice tablesetting. I love your new table set. It looks so much better painted. Fantastic.

Anonymous said...

LOVE your style!

Solange Belém said...

Hi, Christine, gorgeous pics! Amazing!

Jessica Zara said...

Looking very nice each and everything like furniture, pots and decoration. I am happy to see your blog and pics of your blog. Great pics and great beauty. I visit on different places but rare things like this.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday