Thursday, August 20, 2020

Can't Wait for Fall

I know it's early but it's terribly still hot and humid here in Florida. Maybe blogging with fall colored Polish pottery will make me feel cooler.  Wishful thinking?

 Anyway, I pulled out my Polish pottery plates with orange in them, which I think make them somewhat fall-ish.
 The orange flatware set was given to me one Christmas by my son and daughter in law. They're perfect for Fall.
 I just cut some flowers from the garden, mostly santan flowers, also known as ixora and jungle flame, and some white pentas to put in my little ducky vase, for the centerpiece.


 I even dugged out my PP pumpkins from the garage. Their faces are cut out on the other side.

 Isn't this server/baker pretty? I love it! It's probably the most expensive single Polish pottery I bought, but I couldn't resist. I swore to myself after we moved to Florida and downsized, that I wouldn't buy anymore.  But, this pandemic is making me crazy and bored and it forces me to browse and watch live polish pottery shows. Their beauty is just so enticing and I really cannot blame myself cause I am but just human.
Besides, I don't go anywhere so I save a lot from not buying clothes, shoes and makeup, lol.
 I've had these glasses with maple leaves from many years ago. They were only from the Dollar Store. I have Polish pottery stemware too but I thought of using these instead.

 Now, you can see the faces on the PP pumpkins, standard peacock and mosquito (sometimes they call it nature) patterns.




I hope you enjoyed my Fall tablescape, it's more like a transition from summer. Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the rest of your summer. I know it is starting to cool off in the northern regions. Enjoy it and please stay safe, everyone!

6 comments:

Dawn W. said...

Hi Christine...I absolutely love your pictures. I own Pottery Cellar in Westfield, MA and have a huge LOVE for Polish pottery!! Do you have a shop too? Would you allow me to share your pictures giving you the credit?

Dawn W. said...

Hi Christine...I absolutely love your pictures. I own Pottery Cellar in Westfield, MA and have a huge LOVE for Polish pottery!! Do you have a shop too? Would you allow me to share your pictures giving you the credit?

xinex said...

Thanks, Dawn! I do not have a shop but I love Polish pottery so I have a huge collection. Of course you can share my pictures. Is your store on line?.....Christine

Sonia said...

Oh my goodness your collection of Polish dishes and pottery is gorgeous. The pumpkins are wonderful! What a beautiful table you set..I love blue and white dishes and yours are really special! I'm ready for fall too!

Unknown said...

Hi! Your tablescape is so pretty! May I ask how long your santan cuttings last on your vase? I want fresh flowers but don't want to spend on it so I'm thinking of santan. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Beautiful dishes, beautiful table. So colorful. Hope things cool down for you soon! ~ JJ

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday