Sunday, September 27, 2009

Triple Post: Minor Met, Skies and Water, Post for Cheri

Oh boy! The week sure went fast and here comes another one. Every Monday, Susan of http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ hosts Met Monday. If you want to get renovation ideas and see beautiful transformations of just about anything, visit Susan and all her participants. You will enjoy all the creativity in Blogland.
I have a very minor one to share for today. This is our guest room where we always put my mom when she is staying with us, although she is not with us right now. I thought the drapes were kinda dark making the room dark.
So, I replaced them with lighter and airy ones. Do you see more changes? I added a lamp on top of the sewing machine and added 2 more smaller throw pillows on the chairs. I also added books and plants on top of the ottomans. Hope you like my little transformation. I like it better cause it brings more light all the way to the hallway.

Every Monday, Sally of http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/ also hosts a meme called Blue Monday. You should visit her and her participants, especially if you like blue.
This is a typical relaxing weekend for us. I am reading a book on the lounge chair while John falls asleep on the floater, lol!
Aaaah.......Life!
Last night, we went out to dinner. This is how the sky looked when we stepped out of the restaurant. It really looked weird. Unfortunately, I did not have my better camera with me but I had the little one that stays in my purse all the time, so I was still able to take pictures.
As soon as we got home, I went to the backyard to check out the skies and took more pictures.
The orange color was so intense but I thought the gray underneath looks kinda interesting.
This was taken a few months ago. The moon was so full and pretty and I thought I would share the picture that I took. The light in the pool changes from blue, green, red and white.
Last but not least, Cheri of http://itssoverycheri.blogspot.com/ asked me to post this to let you in on a BIG, no really it's HUGE, maybe GIANORMOUS is big enough, announcement. Be sure to MARK THIS DATE- Oct 1.
All I know, is that you need to head over to Its So Very Cheri on Oct 1 so you don’t miss out on this big event. She’s never done anything this big. So grab the button and place it on your side bar so you don’t forget, plus your friends will be glad you let them in on it too. Will you be there? I know I will.
Well, once again, I want to thank Susan and Sally for being such great hostesses and you all for coming for a visit.

29 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Christine, I love the changes to your guest room. It does look so bright and airy. Just beautiful. Your pool is just so pretty and I know you are really enjoying it. What a treat. I am so glad you have it. Hugs, Marty

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Christine! The changes that you made have really brightened up your guest room! Your mom musst love to visit! And I love the sky photos...weird cloud formations and brilliant colors! I am coming over to your pool and bringing my glass of wine to sit and enjoy the view...so pretty! lol Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is some sky. Like the curtain change, looks nice. You pool looks so refreshing. I sure do miss mine. Enjoy!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh Christine,
That pool is so awesome and your pics are just amazing! I love the lighter curtains in the guest room, it looks so inviting for your Mom. Boy does your home look fun! Hugs, Cindy

imjacobsmom said...

Glad to see you guys enjoying the pool - I wish I could just dive right in! I bet your Mom will love the new changes in her room - you're right your new drapes really lightened the room up. (Although the other drapes were nice, too). I'm saving the date - I'm dying to know what could be so big - Hmmmm! ~ Robyn

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Christine, those sky photos are amazing! I've never seen that kind of cloud formation. Your mother's bedroom looks so pretty. The lighter drapes were a fabulous idea and give the room such a fresh look. I love the way John is nodding off in the pool! Y'all are definitely enjoying it, and it's no wonder. It looks so relaxing and pretty. laurie

Kat said...

Christine, I love the lighter draperies, they really open up the room. And I love those chairs! Your pool looks so inviting, I'm afraid I wouldn't get anything done lol. Love the sky shots, beautiful cloud formations. Hope you have a wonderful week. Kathy

Marie said...

Hi Ms. Christine -
J'adore the transformation in your guest room. That's a huge room too since you're able to fit a big size bed and a sofa. What a difference light can bring in a room huh? Also loving your new pool...it sure was worth the wait.
-marie

Moore Minutes said...

Wow! Is that your pool?? That is gorgeous! I am loving it! The lights add a super fun effect too.

Also, I'm doing my first giveaway on my blog right now if you're interested:

http://www.mooreminutes.com/2009/09/pleated-poppy-giveaway.html

Nancy said...

I see more changes and I love them all. Definitely brighter and I like that.

Brenda Pruitt said...

What a wonderful big guest room! I love that view from your poolside.
Brenda

Gail said...

Love the lighter draperies and absolutely loved your sky pics. Enjoyed my visit and thanks for visiting mine and leaving such a sweet comment.

Blessings,
Gail

Maureen said...

Your guest room is so light and airy now! Very welcoming.

SmilingSally said...

That pool looks soooo good; no wonder he fell asleep. Happy Blue Monday.

Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

your pool is awesome! I'd love to have a pool so grand!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Hey girl I love the chages you made to Mama's room and those shots of the pools are just awesome...Thanks for sharing thes...Hope you had a great day girl...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Tara said...

Your small changes look great. I'm sure your Mom will love them too. That sky IS weird, but pretty. Your luncheon looks like it was lots of fun too. The table decorations were very pretty and festive. I hope your week is going well and I'm off to see what's happening at So Very Cheri!

Paula@SweetPea said...

Those sunset pictures are something else. I'm envious of you weekend by the pool. Our pool season is long over. Thanks for visiting my blog today and I hope you'll come back soon!

Kathleen said...

Great pics!
And I like the lighter drapes too!
You rolled a lot of memes into one dear lady!!

Barb said...

Hi Christine, everything is so pretty....so inviting. And, that pool is to die for. Gorgeous.

Hugs, Barb ♥

Julie said...

Hi Christine... The changes that you made have really brightened up your guest room! I think it all turned out great...
xoxo
Julie

Anonymous said...

You just have to keep teasing me with that pool of yours!!! The bedroom looks great!!

blessings
mary

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine! I love the changes you've made to your guest room! I too like the lighter drapes and all the other little touches just set it all off!
Love your pooling around! :) What a pretty little leg you have! :)
Congratulations on your new grandbaby to be! Isn't it just so thrilling?
Be a sweetie,
Shelia; )

Diann @ The thrifty Groove said...

Christine Hi!

first off, the little changes you did in your guest room made a huge impact! It looks wonderful and inviting! Isn't it amzing how just a few things here and there can change so much of the "feel" of the room?

Second, those sky pictures are amazing! Wow, go thing you had your camera!

Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

The lighter drapes make a huge difference. Very nice!!!

I just love the pictures of the sky, great photography.

Candy said...

What a wonderful oasis you have there, whether reading or floating. Awesome sky shots, too.
Either way the curtains in the guest room are nice...warm or light and airy.
Now going to check out about this Oct 1 thing.
Thanks.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, lady! I think you definitely got that lighter, airier look with your changes to the guest room! And how neat is that sky! It looks like a field that has been plowed in that one shot. Very good shots.

And your pool looks so welcoming. Love that shot of John asleep. I caught Mr. Magpie asleep at Adelaide's birthday party, and it was so cute. LOL!

Still without my computer (I've borrowed hers), and I hope to have mine back next week.

Sending you much love...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Great pictures! I so want to lounge in that pool, it looks so inviting!

Lady Katherine said...

You are so right it does brighten up the room so much! I love it with the bedding! Now, the sky pictures are wonderful. Love you guys at the pool! Just enjoying life!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday