Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pool Crawfish Party

We had a pool and crawfish party last Friday. The weather was perfect and the water temp was so so nice at 85 degrees.
I was so glad everything turned out so well because Wednesday prior to that, I felt ill so suddenly after coming from a plant nursery. I could not afford to be sick, I had so much to do and we already invited about 25 people. But I could not do anything at home, I was feverish and had a bad sore throat with my muscles and bones aching all over. It was strange cause I was fine before I left for the store.
Anyway, John gave me a Tylenol and an antibiotic at night and I woke up feeling  so much better.
Friday morning, I started putting the table together and cooking. It was easy to just gather pots around the garden unto the table.

I cut some jasmines to add to the centerpiece which added a nice scent to the table.


I asked John what he preferred I use, breakables or melamine, and plastic it was because we had so many kids coming and it was going to be a buffet and very informal anyway.

How do you like my crawfish bowl? I bought it last year from Red Door in Baton Rouge and I finally am able to use it.
The 2 tiered tray was oneo of Debjani's Christmas gifts to me last Christmas. I love it! Thanks, Deb!


I used the chafing dishes that I bought from Florida when my daughter had a baby.

John and I spruced up the deck and garden to make the backyard presentable to the guests.

I replaced the dead flowering plants in pots with fresh ones.




Hardly any more orange trumpets are blooming but we still have lots of other flowers blooming.

I asked John to move this parlor set to the deck.

I kinda like it here so I might just leave it here. It used to be near the fence by the driveway.

Knock out roses topiary is blooming. We had to prop it with a bamboo because it was getting too top heavy.

Goggles ready!

I love the colors of this lantana.


I hang some paper lanterns.



Look at the size of those crawfish!

Centerpiece

I also cooked some corn, mushroom and shrimp pasta and a sweet and sour crispy red snapper. Some guests brought more crawfish, in addition to the 60 lbs. we already had, and ribs.
I baked lemon bars and chocolate saltines for dessert and some guests brought some Filipino desserts and watermelon. I just got too busy later that I did not get to take more pictures.
We also had Whittard of Chelsea's apple and white cranberry tea using my Polish pottery teapot and cups and white Spode shell cups and saucers.



The plastic plates were for guests to take along with them to put their crawfish shells in.

We all had a great time and I felt good all day long in spite of all the work I did. And John hired someone to help me for a few hours, so that helped also.

To our guests, thank you so much for the company. We had so much fun because of all of you.

To the other bloggers, thanks for stopping by. I always enjoy your visits.

To the hostesses, thank you for having us all and for your hard work in hosting. I will be joining a lot of parties for this post because I might not have another chance to post again this week since I have to go back to FL.

 I am joining:



The Tablescaper's Seasonal Sunday at

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday at


Mary's Masterpieces Monday
Sally's Blue Monday at
Mellow Yellow Monday at
Marty's Tableop Tuesday at
Jean's Bloomin Tuesday at
Martha and Terri's Teacup Tues at
Tuesday Cuppa tea at
Centerpiece Wed
Bunny Jean's Bunny Hop
Miss Spencer's Teacup Thursday at
Tablescape Thurs
Kathy's A Return to Loveliness Party at
Foodie Friday, Michael Lee (Gollum)
Fertilizer Fri. at http://www.tootsietime.com/
Ms. Burrito's Color Connection on Friday
Sarah's Homemaking Link Up Weekend a

54 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

What a lovely party! Happy you are feeling better. Enjoy your Sunday!

XO,
Rick Jill

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

I am SO HAPPY you are feeling better! AND your party looks like it was SUCH FUN! I think your iron gazebo is the same one I have(LOVE IT)! Everything looks SO YUMMMMMY!
Have a wonderful trip to your Daughters and bring back LOTS of pictures of your new GRANDBABIES!!! You must be So Excited!
Big Hugs,
Donna

Lynn said...

Looks like you all had a great time Christine! Glad you're feeling better and I hope you had some help with the clean-up too:@)

Jojo said...

I love crawfish boils!! Wish I was there!?

Diane said...

Well, you certainly know how to party! It looks like everyone had fun and plenty to eat! With a back yard like yours, do you ever go inside? I wouldn't - lol!! Love those chafing dishes!

Robin said...

Thanks for giving us a peak of your pool party. Those crawfish look lobster-sized! You must have a pool heater, ours pool still hasn't broken 80 degrees but I've swam in the gulf a few times recently. All of your flowers and plants are so beautiful. What an oasis you have going there!

Robin
Robin Flies South

Sue said...

Christine, Your party looks like so much fun! The yard and pool area look wonderful and you served up another feast, as usual. You've got to be one of the best hostesses! :-)

Blondie's Journal said...

A lot of hard work went into your party and it shows! How festive everything looks and the food looks yummy. I went to a crawfish party once and had so much fun! I love how everything is decorated so pretty with your plants and flowers! And the dessert table is so pretty!

I hope you are feeling better now...it must have been some sort of virus. Have a good trip back to Florida!

XO,
Janie

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Everything looks so pretty and the foods looks yummy. Well, except for the crawfish - I am not a fan.:D
Glad you are feeling better.

Debbiedoos said...

What a fun partay Christine! You could not have picked a nicer day too. Looks like a blast and that crawfish looked delish

Kelly said...

Your backyard is beautiful!! Looks like quite a spread you had to feast on!

Beth said...

What a beautiful party! You do know how to be a gracious hostess, and an excellent cook as well. Your flowers are pretty as is your pool and decor. Enjoy your time in Florida!
Hugs, Beth

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh goodness Christine, I hope you are better...but from the looks on the pics you look wonderful, hostinga soo Christine fabulous, yummy and gorgeous party, besides all the fun you offered your friends..wish I was there too!! I love the dishes, OF COURSE! Hugs,
FABBY
PS: Say hi to do girls and enjoy your trip.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Funfun fun, the crawfish looks so delish!

Shadow Delight is one of my entries. Have a great week ahead!

Unknown said...

wow, this looks like a lot of fun. we had crawfish, too, over the weekend---it's now being "cultured" here. you have a beautiful family and home.

my Blue Monday

Fashion Momma said...

You did a great job once again Christine. Everything is so beautiful and the pool party looked so fun.

My entries are here and here.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Christine..NO one has more beautiful thing than you! I am always so amazed at the beauty of your home. (not to mention your gorgeous family!)

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

amazing you can do so much when you didn't feel well. Give me you number, next time I have a party, I will call you.

I like that lime green net food cover. I bought mine here in New Zealand. they only have whites, and no flowers.

Auro @ Add that Xtra in the Ordinary said...

Your summer pool party is looking so very inviting,loved the party table arrangements.... been a pleasure going through this post .
Thanks once again for following me back,really appreciate it as it means a lot to me,being new to Blogland.

hugs Arani

Jessica said...

wow! what a beautiful pool party with friends :-) the foods makes me drool :-) love your garden :-) our pool is still covered :-) Dropping by from BM.

http://www.adventurousjessy.com/2012/04/my-little-girl-loves-to-polish-her-nails.html

SmilingSally said...

I like that new spot for your blue parlor set--right in the sunshine!

Happy Blue Monday, Christine.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Outstanding Christine...just gorgeous!
The food, the decor, the plants, you have it all, not to mention the pool!
Glad to hear your feeling better, I don't know how you do it all!
Hugs,
Cindy
p.s. if you go to HGTV rate my space, your deck/outdoor spaces is featured there..very cool!

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

You always throw the most wonderful parties with scrumptious food:)I would love to be in your pool party, everything looks just gorgeous! Love love those chafing dishes and the buffet table looks wonderful... love the food!Thanks for inviting us and have a good time in Florida. Hugs,Poppy

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Great party and those crawfish are looking mighty good. I think you covered all of the bases here with your pretty spring surroundings, menu and decor. Looks like a fun time for all.

Unknown said...

Lovely party! glad you are better!

Traci said...

I have the same crawfish platter/bowl thingy! I got mine at Louisiana Nursery. I've never used it though. I have it displayed in my kitchen. Glad you're feeling better.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Christine,

That must have been some yummy party! I'm glad to hear your feeling better :)

Dee

Susan Freeman said...

What a wonderful hostess you are! Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Olive said...

Christine, you know how to throw a party. The frilly patio set is gorgeous. hugs, olive

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like a fun party and your poolside always looks beautiful. Your jasmine looks beautiful, ours are not blooming yet. Are those laterns from Avon, I bought some that look like that! The food of course looks as delicious as always.

The French Hutch said...

I'm sure this was a fabulous party. Beautiful pool and gardens.

~Emily
The French Hutch

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Everything looks fabulous! I haven't had any crawfish yet this season-it looks delicious.Glad you got well, and didn't get sick!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Christine, your yard looks gorgeous! Your party looks like fun, and the food looks soooo delicious. Glad you got well so quickly (doesn't hurt to have a Dr. around the house). laurie

Chubskulit Rose said...

Coming back for Blue Monday.

Please come and see my BLUES, when you get a chance.

Donna said...

Hi, Christine,
Well, I sure wish I had been invited to your party. I know your food was delicious (cause I've tasted your cooking) Your flowers are so pretty, too. I have a red umbrella. but the sun faded it.
D

Unknown said...

You are such a splendid hostess! I love the purple torenia on the table..

Kathy said...

Hello Christine, This is so lovely! You entertain brilliantly! I believe I could spend hours in your garden! You reminded me that when I was in elementary school my best friend was Philippino, I think of her often and wonder where she is...I hope you have a wonderful week,
Kathy

cassandrasminicorner said...

Super fun! And great photo, too..

Visiting for Blue Monday- hope you can stop by:)

http://www.sweetposh.info/2012/04/too-small-too-little-bye-summer-dress.html

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your pool and patio is so beautiful and your gardens are stunning. So many beautiful plants. You always set the most gorgeous table and the menu sounds fantastic. Great time. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Maria Elena said...

What great fun! Everything looks beautiful!

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
I love Crawfish boils as you know wish I was there. Looks like you all had a wonderful time. I love your pool also. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my new Tablescape, have a great week with your family sweet lady.
XXOO Diane

Anne Payne said...

You have a lovely yard and garden! The blue and white teapot is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your fun party :)

Chubby Chieque said...

Ate Xine,
Sounds you had a great time. The crayfish (as we call in Swedish) looks palatable too. I used to make a pinoy sawsawan with kamatis and patis, whilst pinays requested warm rice, Naka??? fatay ang diet ng mundo? §;-)

The chaffing dishes is to die for. I really have to grab couple. Can I ask which store in Florida you bought, Ate? I could ask my flight stewardesses friends living in Fort Lauderdale.

TY for sharing your happiness. Love to see you smiling.

x0x0
/C

Gloria said...

What a great party, Christine! Everything looks so pretty and the food looks delicious -- you know I like seeing food pics! ;)
I absolutely love that little table and chairs you have outside (the one you said you asked John to move). It's gorgeous!
Best,
Gloria
P.S. And that arch with the flowers/plants is gorgeous also!

NatureFootstep said...

party by the pool soudns nice. And such a huge no of memes. Why not put NF Waters to the list? :)

nfmemes.blogspot.com/2012/04/nf-waters-20.html

Roan said...

It's way too cold for pool parties here, but looks like a lot of fun.

Hootin Anni said...

Extremely beautiful setting for a party.

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Wow, that's quite a spread for a crawfish boil! It all looked so nice. I saw your crawfish bowl and my first thought was where did she find that but I see you got it at Red Door. On my next trip to Baton Rouge, I'll have to go by there. Blessings, Tammy

The Write Girl said...

I'm glad you are feeling better and it looks like you had an amazing party. Thanks for sharing!

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Christine!

You are such a great hostess! It all looked so inviting and festive and the food looked like it was delicious!

Thanks for sharing this at my party :)

xoxo Bunny Jean
Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

Miss Charming said...

Wow!You have such a beautiful backyard. Perfect for parties! And I love the Polish Pottery. (Newest follower)

Terri said...

Hello Christine,
You sure know how to throw a party! I think your friends must be thrilled to be invited! Everything looks amazing and delicious.
I am glad you are feeling better too!
Hugs,
Terri

The Style Sisters said...

Wow!! Can I come next time? What a spectacular yard you have!!! I love everything about your yard, tablescape, food etc... Great job!! Your are very talented!

Thanks for linking up to Centerpiece Wednesday!
Karin

Sonia said...

Such a beautiful setting for a crawfish boil!! Two of my favorite things...crawfish and flowers! Looks wonderful!
Miss Bloomers

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday